Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Steve Cooper's future at Nottingham Forest is up in the air as the manager is yet to sign a new deal... with a number of clubs in England and abroad monitoring his status at the City Ground

Maybe they could sign 4 managers?

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Scotch said:

There would be no point hiring him midway through a season. Have you saw the intensity Celtic play with? It's wild. We don't have the players to employ that type of system right now. 

Getting him in during a transfer window when he can sign players who can do what he wants them to do makes more sense. 

I can only comment that it is quite possible that the reason our squad is not able to play such an intense style is because our training has left them inadequately prepared fitness-wise. With a different coach and training regime it might be possible to transform their fitness within a few weeks.  The availability of 5 subs, when used by a more savvy manager, might also help in enabling the squad to play more intensely and TO LAST THE 90 MINS.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Would you take Cooper?  He’s done well apart from now they’ve signed a whole new team. With a settled group he could do something here? 

He’s a good manager and they’d be fools to fire him.  Not my absolute first choice but if he were available I’d certainly consider him.

Our short term needs and long term needs are very different, it makes this a tricky call. 

We need someone who has the ability to give them a rocket yet also get an arm around them. I dont think someone too firm and stand offish would work with our lads, a capello would probably just increase the fractions. So in that regard we need a Pearson/ Dyche type personality but we also need someone who tactically is at a higher level. Thomas Frank certainly could be the guy that ticks those boxes but my question with him is a bit unknown, are brentford good because of him, or are brentford good because of what goes on behind the scenes? Of course it would be a combination of them both but if he is relying on us to give him the tools to grow... lets just say our recent record hasnt been great.

I think you can lose a bit of the firmness with certain names in football. If the manager just oozes respect than the players will often graft for them regardless of whether or not they have that nasty side. But im not sure weve got the pull for a name right now. 

15 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Steve Cooper's future at Nottingham Forest is up in the air as the manager is yet to sign a new deal... with a number of clubs in England and abroad monitoring his status at the City Ground

The best thing I heard about Steve Cooper is that he always looks like he's just been released from a headlock. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

He’s a good manager and they’d be fools to fire him.  Not my absolute first choice but if he were available I’d certainly consider him.

I think you would have to. As well as Potter he would have been on my list. We need someone who can bring in and nurture talent and who places emphasis on teamwork and togetherness. Having a style and strategy is good but also the flexibility to be able to adapt to the players you have and circumstances in the game/opposition.