Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Such a snob culture towards Dyche. He is just what we need if we want to stay up.

Is Poch a better manager? Of course he is. 

Not that he’s realistic in the slightest but nor is he likely to have the stomach for our predicament. His Spurs squads were notoriously weak minded hence the term ‘Spursy’.

We need to realise that every game that passes we are more and more unattractive to managers that may come in as they are being increasingly being set up to fail with the hole being dug deeper so as of now, I genuinely think we’d do well to get Dyche. He’d get the defence organised, get them working hard for each other, instil some desire. We have enough attacking talent that they can score a couple of goals most games with Brendan Rodgers in charge so they can at least match that under Dyche.

Dyche in for me.

Lose to Forest and Rodgers position becomes untenable. Can't afford to sack him so put him on gardening leave and Dyche is a good call. Experienced in the Premier and doesn't cost any separation fees. Plus is available to start immediately. 

• Like 2

On 21/09/2022 at 15:21, Centreleigh said:

Just listening to the LADBible interview with Sean Dyche on YouTube. I wasn't a big fan of him being an option for replacing Rogers, but I have to admit, he's changed my mind a bit. I had him down as a bit old school, maybe a bit behind the times and all of that. However, I think I might be wrong. He could be just what we need to lift the players, pull the team together etc.

I'd say it's at least worth a listen if you get chance.

...the proof is infront of you!!!

If you ever listened to Craig Shakespeare talk about tactics you would believe he is an expert tactician,  yet many would disagree that it is the case.

It was a tough role for him (Shakespeare) to move from players friend to their boss. Trying to implement your own ideas yet maintaining most of what you are good at, was a difficult bridge to build.

As for Dyche I would shudder to have him here along with, Benitez, Martinez, Bielsa, Gérard or Lampard. 

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

I think Dyche grabs the opportunity with both hands and gets us back in the top 10.

...the defence is not the problem,  it is how we play that is the issue!!!

Leaving players exposed and being opened up by a long ball over the top, is down to the way we choose to play than a problem with our defenders.

It will be an easy fix to have this team working as it should,  I have no worries that we can become a hard team to play against, and we will pick up lots of points, should  Rodgers leave.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

Sack Rodgers. Appoint Dyche. He sorts out the defence. We stay up. Then get a better manager in next summer. 

You have a very low opinion of dyche if you think he’s taking a job for 8 months. And before you say that we will pay him handsomely to keep us safe, he simply wouldn’t do it 

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Rumored to be vulturing the Villa job.

I had read he wants a top job here or in Spain 

That’s not villa 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ely fox said:

Sack Rodgers. Appoint Dyche. He sorts out the defence. We stay up. Then get a better manager in next summer. 

Either you give him a short term contract, which he won’t take, or we sack and pay off another manager in the summer which would be costly.

As long as Rodgers is sacked before the WC we don’t need to only look at short term options. There will be plenty of alternatives that can also offer us a short term uplift.

• Like 1