Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

30 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we had 19 in 29 in the great escape season, this season looks easier to navigate, with the right Manager at the helm!!!

Pearson admitted he got it wrong in changing the way we played as he did not believe the way we played in the Championship could be transferred to the Premier League. With the right manager in charge we can storm up the table, this is not a difficult league to be in, we just see Man. City, Liverpool, and United and we claim it is the best league in Europe, it is not.

By the time this season ends, I believe we will be pushing for the top 6, we just need Rodgers gone to make it happen.

1 point from 7 games. Ain’t no top 6 going on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think Dyche would be the man we need right now. I would expect him to iron out the set piece woes and defence organisation pretty quickly. If we could get to 16 points after 19 games I would back him to get the other 24 approx in the next 19. 

Failing that he would be a proven manager to get us out of the Championship next season if it goes wrong. Sad fact but we can't ignore it. 

I think we've got ahead of ourselves with all this possession stuff, I'd take Dyche on a 3 year contract if that's what he wanted, as I'd be confident we'd be 7th-10th in the premiership by the end of that contract, regardless of where we finished this season. We could then produce a longer term plan, regarding our aims and aspirations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I think we've got ahead of ourselves with all this possession stuff, I'd take Dyche on a 3 year contract if that's what he wanted, as I'd be confident we'd be 7th-10th in the premiership by the end of that contract, regardless of where we finished this season. We could then produce a longer term plan, regarding our aims and aspirations.

....after 3 years we would have to change our way of playing and attempt to evolve our style of play!!!

How we play at the moment is controlled by someone who has lost any sense of adventure, he is embedded into a purist style of play. In the Championship we played a high line high press, probably the best we have ever played, because we would turn up and get the job done, we had the mentality of winners.

Crying out for Dyche is just a need for a leader at the club, he is not what we want or what we need, we would just be setting ourselves back three years bringing him here.

• Haha 1

On 21/09/2022 at 10:21, Centreleigh said:

Just listening to the LADBible interview with Sean Dyche on YouTube. I wasn't a big fan of him being an option for replacing Rogers, but I have to admit, he's changed my mind a bit. I had him down as a bit old school, maybe a bit behind the times and all of that. However, I think I might be wrong. He could be just what we need to lift the players, pull the team together etc.

I'd say it's at least worth a listen if you get chance.

I tried but I never realized his voice was this difficult to listen to. 

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You have a very low opinion of dyche if you think he’s taking a job for 8 months. And before you say that we will pay him handsomely to keep us safe, he simply wouldn’t do it 

I had read he wants a top job here or in Spain 

That’s not villa 

Top job?

He interviewed at Stoke and didn't get a call back at Bournemouth. He has recently said he would take a job in the championship or abroad as long as a club feels right. Essentially he's desperate for anything.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tails said:

Top job?

He interviewed at Stoke and didn't get a call back at Bournemouth. He has recently said he would take a job in the championship or abroad as long as a club feels right. Essentially he's desperate for anything.

Bit confused what has happened with my original post - the top job part related to Poch and it does read like that on my screen but when I quote it it doesn’t and looks like I’m still referencing dyche!

see below

image.thumb.png.3bc84aaa63f077c61d9e2fca4fd58b97.png

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.... unbelievable that you took that as anything but humor, you do not need a smiley face to illustrate humor!!!

Obviously just not that funny then.

I think we're all having a sense of humour failiure at the moment, every time I feel like laughing at a post, I think 1 point from 7, and see visions of our Brendan writing pure shite in his notebook of excuses 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

In fairness we probably deserve it already

That’s the essence of it.  We certainly do for letting Rodgers stay in position long past what reason would dictate.

I’m not keen on Dyche but at least that would be doing something, an attempt to stop the rot,

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

That’s the essence of it.  We certainly do for letting Rodgers stay in position long past what reason would dictate.

I’m not keen on Dyche but at least that would be doing something, an attempt to stop the rot,

I guess in some sense they all are but this would be one of the most self inflicted relegations ever

Have faith. The club, the board, are aware of the situation. How could they not be? They are also aware of factors we are not aware of. There'll be a strategy in place. Of course I have my concerns but I personally trust the board/club to take the appropriate course of action as and when.  Squeaky bum time though eh?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I guess in some sense they all are but this would be one of the most self inflicted relegations ever

Hopefully the self inflicted relegation isn't a reality already, Dyche can do no worse  than what we are seeing, evidence with Burnley shows he can get a tune out off players not as good as ours, with a better set of players who knows how well, or bad, without trying, at this point, on balance what's the worst that can happen.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Based on the style of play he adopted at Burnley, I wouldn't be particular keen on having him as our manager here but that style of play was dictated by the players he had available at Burnley and by the reportedly limited funds available to him to make wholesale changes.

It is certainly true that over several years he got his Burnley side to over-achieve and, on that basis, I would think him capable of organising our defence in such a way that they are actually capable of defending.

Given funding and an existing pool of better quality players than was available at Burnley, I would have thought he has enough experience to ensure that we finish in the top half at the very least.

And leaving aside foreign managers - some of whom I have barely heard of - what real options do we have? Poch. isn't coming, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, taupe said:

Have faith. The club, the board, are aware of the situation. How could they not be? They are also aware of factors we are not aware of. There'll be a strategy in place. Of course I have my concerns but I personally trust the board/club to take the appropriate course of action as and when.  Squeaky bum time though eh?

I used to think like this and I need them to do the right things now and then get in a good replacement to keep me thinking it ….

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

..he (Dyche) should not be an option!!!

Why do we value this club so much less than we should?

We are building for the future, we are having a set back at the moment and I am not including retaining Rodgers as part of that setback, his situation is a totally separate thing.

The situation with FFP is our the problem in hand, Rodgers is just a managerial decision that is presently in abeyance. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.