Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

3 hours ago, Vazman said:

I think we're all having a sense of humour failiure at the moment, every time I feel like laughing at a post, I think 1 point from 7, and see visions of our Brendan writing pure shite in his notebook of excuses 

And his shiny teeth, sun bed tan and lip gloss for the media. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, taupe said:

Have faith. The club, the board, are aware of the situation. How could they not be? They are also aware of factors we are not aware of. There'll be a strategy in place. Of course I have my concerns but I personally trust the board/club to take the appropriate course of action as and when.  Squeaky bum time though eh?

I don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

Is Dyche the only other manager in the world?

No off course not, but he is one of few that's available, seemingly within our limited available funds, and can do alot with not very much, your comment was refusal of the idea of Dyche coming here.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2022 at 21:11, sacreblueits442 said:

....after 3 years we would have to change our way of playing and attempt to evolve our style of play!!!

How we play at the moment is controlled by someone who has lost any sense of adventure, he is embedded into a purist style of play. In the Championship we played a high line high press, probably the best we have ever played, because we would turn up and get the job done, we had the mentality of winners.

Crying out for Dyche is just a need for a leader at the club, he is not what we want or what we need, we would just be setting ourselves back three years bringing him here.

This season has already set us back 3 years whatever we do from here, with the start and the transfers over the last 18 months.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Track record is atrocious? Appointing managers that took us from the championship, to win the premier, to win the FA cup and challenge the top four. Track record is pretty bloody good really. 

Agreed, when we've got it right, we've really got it right. Pearson, Ranieri, Rodgers. Shakespeare and Puel not great and Puel was given far too long but looking back what Rodgers inherited and immediately improved showed he was part of a changing of the old guard which was badly needed.

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Patrick Vieira has done an incredible job at Palace, would be my choice but difficult to see him leaving them, especially given how much support they've given him. 

Palace have only won one game all season and are currently sitting behind Villa, Southampton and Everton - not that impressed with him tbh.

As Geoffrey Boycott once said about England Cricket’s opening batsmen’s appalling form a few years ago: “I’d put my granny in with her pinny over this lot”. 

I feel the same with Rodgers and his management team of automatons. They have to go and anyone will do, I’d be quite happy with Dyche, prefer Frank but would take Basil Fawlty over Rodgers and co. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Patrick Vieira has done an incredible job at Palace, would be my choice but difficult to see him leaving them, especially given how much support they've given him. 

Incredible is a bit over the top but they are transforming their squad. Started the season crap though.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Incredible is a bit over the top but they are transforming their squad. Started the season crap though.

When you look at the player turnover they had last summer combined with a completely different way of playing, while being comfortably mid table and a good cup run is an excellent return for me. Had some big performances against the top clubs too. 

Could have easily gone horribly wrong for them. 

4 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Palace have only won one game all season and are currently sitting behind Villa, Southampton and Everton - not that impressed with him tbh.

lol

They've lost to Arsenal and Man City and drew away to Newcastle and Liverpool. 

Boooo, rubbish!!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

When you look at the player turnover they had last summer combined with a completely different way of playing, while being comfortably mid table and a good cup run is an excellent return for me. Had some big performances against the top clubs too. 

Could have easily gone horribly wrong for them. 

Yes, he and the club have done well. Dougie Freedman needs to take a lit of credit as well in overhauling them on and off the pitch. They are an interesting club in regards to rebuilding and changing philosophy, mainly because I'd like to see more progress in the next year or so to prove that this way of doing things is better than the experienced PL journeymen route they had before where they tended to finish anywhere from 12th - 16th etc. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

As Geoffrey Boycott once said about England Cricket’s opening batsmen’s appalling form a few years ago: “I’d put my granny in with her pinny over this lot”. 

I feel the same with Rodgers and his management team of automatons. They have to go and anyone will do, I’d be quite happy with Dyche, prefer Frank but would take Basil Fawlty over Rodgers and co. 

Just don’t mention the war.

• Haha 2

Worth noting that Unai Emery has gone from 25-1 to 14-1 in the betting for next LCFC manager?

Sorry I don't want to get peoples hopes up, but it is a market mover so someone is either betting big on it or they have reduced it based on info...?

Having said that Pochettino odds have also got shorter - so probs just hopeful Leicester fans placing some wishful bets :crylaugh: