Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

4 minutes ago, itude said:

Sure, after you remind me what he did in most other seasons with a club with such a limited budget,and having to make do with average players at best.

Oh and the season he got them into Europe ?

You are reinforcing my point - by your logic we should keep Rodgers who has delivered 3 top 8 finishes, got us to a European semi final and won the FA Cup!

Edited by Tuna

We just need someone to come in until the end of the year and reevaluate. The only person that will accept that is Big Sam. We could also trust his eye for a player to finally sort the RW position and a CB. Unlike Dyche he loves a flair player. Remember some of the signings he had at Bolton? Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo.... 100% win ratio for England too :) a good win that game. Obviously he loves a few quid hence the sacking so a yearly contract with a survival bonus and job done problem solved. Would sort the defence too. Way better choice than Dyche and we may have better options in the summer. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

You are reinforcing my point - by your logic we should keep Rodgers who has delivered 3 top 8 finishes, got us to a European semi final and won the FA Cup!

I am not ,because you are not factoring in at least  two things, the quality of the squad Rodgers has had, and the ability he has  had to spend £30+ million on more than one occasion

Dyche had neither..did he ?

9 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Whoever it is, if we are going to give out a contract beyond end of this season we need to consider that they would well be managing in the championship. All of a sudden people thinking Tuchel, Fischer etc would come here need to start thinking again. This club is in an absolute world of trouble 

Well most of us think so, maybe the "top" need to get that also !

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Frighteningly shit. 

Screenshot_20220917_205309.jpg

Its because we didn't pull the trigger when we should have, we are now stuck with what we have.

I mean Bielsa I don't rate like others do but it'd sure be more fun than the shite we have to go through now

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Dyche.  Lives in Kettering. Load of actual Premier League experience. Had a break from football and always wanted that bigger club to really give it a go.

No brainer for me.

Semi ironic that he was sat in the stands at Forest last season re the FA Cup R4 debacle! Maybe there was something in that after all?! Evenif Dyche is a 'quick fix' for the remainder of this season, surely he can shore up the defence (I don't ever recall Burnley being prolific goal conceders), even if it stifles our creative attributes for a time. Going down could be very costly and only Watford and Norwich seem to bounce back each time without fail. It could go either way if we go down next May...... 

1 minute ago, Guy said:

Semi ironic that he was sat in the stands at Forest last season re the FA Cup R4 debacle! Maybe there was something in that after all?! Evenif Dyche is a 'quick fix' for the remainder of this season, surely he can shore up the defence (I don't ever recall Burnley being prolific goal conceders), even if it stifles our creative attributes for a time. Going down could be very costly and only Watford and Norwich seem to bounce back each time without fail. It could go either way if we go down next May...... 

Contract till the end of the season only.

Then we can see whether to stick, or move on

We don't have the time, or the pull to fart around any more

However, I fear we will, so more Rodgers it will be

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Find out who Brighton are after and make them a bigger offer. At least see who is on their shortlist. 

Him :

Franck Haise

or him

Kjetil Knutsen

Next Brighton manager odds

Betfair odds

• Franck Haise - 17/20
  • Kjetil Knutsen - 3/1
  • Steve Cooper - 10/3
  • Bo Svensson - 6/1
  • Roberto De Zerbi - 12/1
  • Ange Postecoglou - 14/1
  • Nathan Jones - 14/1
  • Abel Ferreira - 16/1
  • Brendan Rodgers - 20/1 go for this one please Brighton :)
Edited by itude

22 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

We just need someone to come in until the end of the year and reevaluate. The only person that will accept that is Big Sam. We could also trust his eye for a player to finally sort the RW position and a CB. Unlike Dyche he loves a flair player. Remember some of the signings he had at Bolton? Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo.... 100% win ratio for England too :) a good win that game. Obviously he loves a few quid hence the sacking so a yearly contract with a survival bonus and job done problem solved. Would sort the defence too. Way better choice than Dyche and we may have better options in the summer. 

download-25.png.4f3a89e6336a3d3a2f18f87d1edc3b4d.png

• Haha 1