Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

1 minute ago, itude said:

It isn't actually, they often post nonsense like that, such as " x would be a great fit", " y is being looked at" and so on and on.It very rarely pans out

The Telegraph very rarely talk about us but when they do it is usually spot on.

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, itude said:

I do have to wonder why people insist on Dyche being the " Nuclear Option"

Makes no sense at all, going Nuclear would be some premier league or relegation tested foreign unknown !

It's is in the sense of his style of play and his overall image. It very much goes against what the club have been trying to do over the last few years.

He is renowned to sceptical of things like data and sports science, yet we've invested a lot in both. We also have a squad that Brendan Rodgers built and is currently playing a style of football wildly different to Dyche's. It's a huge gamble to expect him to either try and get this squad playing his way, or instead ask him to play a style that he has zero experience with.

It would be a manager to plug particular holes that exist at the minute and then hope he keeps us up. He isn't a long term option.

I could see him improving things for a few weeks but come May I think we'd be in trouble again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm not convinced by Frank, but I think he'd definitely come if the offer was right. 

I would take him. Nasty streak in him, will get in other teams faces, wind up supporters, get the feeling players would run through walls for him. Everything that our ego-maniac, top 6 arse kissing ‘leader’ isn’t. 

Edited by Cropwellfox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm not convinced by Frank, but I think he'd definitely come if the offer was right. 

I guess how Brentford recruit players and spot future talents in that money ball approach of spotting players, would appeal. It's what Leicester used to look to do, as well as his style of play.

Edited by Beachyboy

23 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Do you really want Rafa? He wouldn’t know how to get us out of a relegation fight and he was terrible at Everton. 

Everyone is terrible at Everton. They're always a bad run away from relegation with a fanbase who wonder why they aren't in the Europa every season. They only stayed up because we gifted them points at the end of the season.

That said Rafa would be a huge gamble. One up front and that would be Perez :)

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The Telegraph very rarely talk about us but when they do it is usually spot on.

Not my experience, however, even if it is true, what are they actually saying ??

We admire him ? so do a lot of other clubs now I imagine, but that is a very long way from having approached Brentford, having talks with him and so on, isn't it ?

Its meaningless nonsense in real terms, it's just to fill up space, and that is all it is

Edited by itude

Jokes aside he’s a good coach, especially in the bigger picture of developing the entire club and academy. I think he’s a bad loser and got bailed out massively by Christian Eriksen, but think he’d do well with technical players, of which we have many. 

He’s been linked to us before do definitely something in it.