Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eye666

I respect Rodgers, and so should you…

Respect him? No. I can appreciate that he coached the lads to an FA Cup win, and a Community Shield win for that matter, but I don’t have to respect him. Respect is earned. And Brendan has done a spectacular job of selling off any & all of the respect he ever had by continually, for months now, finding fault in every thing and everyone, from club leadership, to specific players he’s called out numerous times, right down to the fans that support this club with everything they have, all the while failing to own any of the blame himself in where we’re at. How does anyone respect him for who he’s turned out to be? 

• Sad 1

Yes, people should not get to personal, but he sort of lost a bit of respect with his post match interviews over the last year or so.  He then started preseason moaning and complaining and giving the impression that "it's not my fault guv, it is them lot over there", when most of us would have been more content if he was humble and said he'd made mistakes.  Rodgers talks of humility but lacks it himself, it is his cack-handed double speak that gets us annoyed, fans can only put up with that if you are successful, but as soon as it goes wrong he became 'The emperor's new clothes'.

Edited by Le Renard

I respect his achievement of winning our 1st ever FA cup and originally getting us up there disrupting the top 6.

however, now he has somewhat tainted that. Something isn’t right in terms of mentality in the squad and club. That is ultimately down to Him. He’s been stubborn which is now costing him.

He has thrown us, the board, top and the players under the bus with his comments to save his own skin and to try and save face. Taking no responsibility for the financial mess he has massively contributed to. Any respect I had for him has gone now. 

I am amazed I have woke up and he still hasn't gone

There's an old saying that everything before the but is meaningless, so you say you respect Rodgers but.....I'm grateful for him winning the F.A. Cup but it's like Claudio who won us the league. We can't run the club on past sentiment we have to keep moving forward and evolving. Clearly things have gone on and he's lost the dressing room and isn't getting anywhere near the best out of our players.  

4 hours ago, eye666 said:

… But it’s time to go.

Some perspective is required and we should have the decency to pay him some respect as one of our most successful managers ever.

He managed us to our first ever FA Cup. He took a mid-table team to the cusp of the Champions League, and took us to the semi finals of a European competition where the club had never been before. He had us playing some of the best football I’ve seen where we managed games like I’ve not seen before, pressed and attacked in numbers, and won big games I dreamt of as a kid - beating Arsenal multiple times (we always always lost, especially away), Man Utd in the cup run, and Chelsea in the cup final. And let’s not forget a record 9-0 victory at Southampton.

He has a squad of very good players who have played some decent football this season. For 60 minutes against Brentford it was a walk in the park. Against Southampton it was similar where we dominated the game for large parts. Against Tottenham we the better team for 45 minutes. But his decision making and responding to opponents tactical tweaks has been woeful, with him showing an inability to adapt to the situation unfolding on the pitch.

I can appreciate that he didn’t get what he wanted in the summer window, but the club has to operate within it’s means for the long term. We still have quality players in the squad, who collectively should be nowhere near bottom of this league.

However, it’s clear that a rot has set in, with a disorganised defensive structure, and a weak mentality where we are imploding every game. We all know that if we get a lead that we won’t be able to see the job through right now. And whilst Brendan is trying tweaks here and there, it is clear that he doesn’t know his best team, that he doesn’t have a plan B, and that the players heads drop too easily because confidence has gone.

Brendan should be celebrated for what he has achieved with the club, but that his time is up and that we need fresh ideas. I hope that as a club we can respect what the man has given us over the past few years, whilst also recognising that his time is up, and at the same time that the media spin about him not being backed can be put to bed - he has clearly lost the dressing room and his decision making leave a lot to be desired. At this level that means the end.

I wish him well, but there is a fantastic squad waiting for someone with new ideas and enthusiasm to steer us to safety with fast, direct football, and build a squad next summer to challenge for Europe again next season. There is no better time for a new man to start than now with an international break to reorganise and regroup, and with a fixture against local rivals where we chop some trees and climb the table.

Thank you Brendan, but it’s time for a new manager to lead us forward.

A far more measured approach to our situation and very well put together. 

38 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Can I just ask why wouldn’t he, or for that fact why wouldn’t anybody?

A contract is an agreement, the club offered he accepted.Fact.

...we do not know what exactly is involved in that contract!!!

Contracts works both ways, it suited us at the time and Rodgers was happy to accept. 

The severance will be nowhere near £30m.