Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eye666

I respect Rodgers, and so should you…

He can take the respect for the FA Cup win but after that its all gone down hill I can't remember one game since where I thought wow we look good, his selections and tactics are bizarre and has no plan B plus he talks some absolute rubbish, plus we BLEW 1 if not 2 4th place champions league places which would have pushed the club forwards.

Get the man gone.

26 minutes ago, Captain... said:

But don't you think the board, top and the players need to take some responsibility? It wasn't Brendan that surrendered possession to Bentancur yesterday. Brendan has to take his fair share of responsibility but it is not all down to him. I agree with the OP on this, time for him to go, but we can't kid ourselves that it will magically turn around. The players need to sort themselves out. Apart from Madison they have all been below par this season.

when you have just passed ur driving test. The instructor says riight now for your last lesson some driving at speed. they take you to the dual carriageway there is heavy snow falling and its well below freezing and you can see the snow going almost horizonal in the blustery wind. they tell you to get up to 70 the speed limit.

even though you know its dangerous and a small mistake can be disastrous, you accelerate up to the speed limit, something appears in your line of vision you brake. Crunch!! Whos responsible you for giving in to the instructor or the instructor? When someone in power says to do something your not competent at then your culpability is diminished.

I'm thinking of giving away / selling my ticket for Forest if he's still in charge for it. I should be sat here relishing the chance of some revenge and a proper local derby, but I'm dreading it. It's that bad right now.

As has been pointed out, any respect needs to be earned. Unfortunately, the positive impact that he initially made and the achievements during his time here have been sullied and have faded - even the FA Cup triumph, which I think in particular is wrong.   

There have been times under his watch during which we played some extraordinary football combined with ostensibly, tactical shrewdness. I'm recalling the Sept - Dec runs of 2019 and 2020 in particular and I'll always fondly remember the away victories against Manchester City and Arsenal in 2020. In spite of this, unfortunately, I'll forever associate Rodger's tenure with surrender and capitulation. A once supposedly 'fearless' side reduced to stage-fright, fluffed lines and comedic farce. We knew during the 'great escape' that beyond survival. the team was not only on the ascendancy - but something very, very special was building. The spectacular tailspin that has flung us in the opposite direction and plummet uncontrollably into the current nadir has been similarly brewing - you could smell the rot. The players are not without blame for these dreadful individual (often unforced) errors, but when a manager and his staff on the sidelines respond yet another collapse with indecision and incredulity like rabbits in headlights - they taste that fear onfield - it is contagious. Whatever semblance of strategic and tactical nous there once was has now deserted him - leaving many to brand him a fraud and a charlatan.  A good manager has a plan, but reads the game, anticipates what is unfolding and proactively responds to that dynamic. He reminds me of Mark Hughes at Stoke...only much, much  worse.

My main long-term concern when Brendan was appointed was the arrogance and the recruitment. I have been vindicated on both calls, but I was at least quietly confident on the coaching. What I didn't expect was the astonishing regression that has afflicted so many quality players in the squad. As someone has already commented, it is outrageous that he has taken a squad of this calibre and a club of such resources to the foot of the table - irrespective of the owners pulling tight on the purse strings. 

Saying all that, I can't believe that so many are incredulous over the fact that he is still here and some of the frankly absurd suggestions of a replacement. Ever a forum of extremes, they swing wildly from the dire and underwhelming to the frankly unrealistic and unobtainable with nothing in between. Possibly because, right now, there isn't anything in between, with the added problem of a compensation package equivalent to the GDP of an medium sized African nation to negotiate.  

He'll be gone - but at what cost? 

It's a scandalous fall from grace for a club that punched above its weight for so long and battered and bruised the heavyweights. But the level of vitriol, personal abuse and sheer hatred that this has stirred in so many is equally as undignified, inglorious and at times, far more disturbing. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

I'm thinking of giving away / selling my ticket for Forest if he's still in charge for it. I should be sat here relishing the chance of some revenge and a proper local derby, but I'm dreading it. It's that bad right now.

There will be a lot of younger fans that have never experienced anything like it at the ground.

Add to that the toxic nature of Agent Rodgers and it'll be on a par with the worst we've had at the ground if it all goes south.

It won't be pleasant.

• Like 1

The man is a snakeoil salesman.

In 19/20 didn’t we arguably have one of the best starting 11’s in the league?

- Ricardo and Chilwell were being compared to TAA and Robertson

- Evans and Schmeichel leading the team

- Soyuncu in team of the season

- A midfield 3 of Tielemans, Ndidi & Maddison which most teams were envious of.

- Barnes building his confidence

- 20 goal striker in Vardy

It was harder to fail with that team to be honest. Fraud

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Motty said:

when you have just passed ur driving test. The instructor says riight now for your last lesson some driving at speed. they take you to the dual carriageway there is heavy snow falling and its well below freezing and you can see the snow going almost horizonal in the blustery wind. they tell you to get up to 70 the speed limit.

even though you know its dangerous and a small mistake can be disastrous, you accelerate up to the speed limit, something appears in your line of vision you brake. Crunch!! Whos responsible you for giving in to the instructor or the instructor? When someone in power says to do something your not competent at then your culpability is diminished.

car crash analogy

• Haha 1

Winning the FA Cup was great. He really embraced that challenge. He deserved it for that.

But since then the quality of football has declined totally and the way he's managed the situation has been appalling. Sad to say but I've little respect for him now.

18 minutes ago, Area88 said:

I respect him for all he's done for the club. I just hope his legacy is not relegation.

I think he deserves one more game in charge to prove he can do the job.

Why though. What if we were somehow to play badly and get a 1-0 win. Then because of that he stays, and we lose the next 4 matches. I'm thankful for some of the football we have played when he first came here and for the FA Cup but since that day the football has been largely terrible. The end of last season looked a bit better but only because we were playing teams who were even worse than us and largely had nothing to play for.

When was the last time we actually played well and won?  What we're seeing now is a complete and utter decline of our club to such an extent that relegation now looks a very strong possibility, and we have a manager who simply doesn't seem to have a clue what to do, even down to individual games where he fails to even make any subs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Respect him? No. I can appreciate that he coached the lads to an FA Cup win, and a Community Shield win for that matter, but I don’t have to respect him. Respect is earned. And Brendan has done a spectacular job of selling off any & all of the respect he ever had by continually, for months now, finding fault in every thing and everyone, from club leadership, to specific players he’s called out numerous times, right down to the fans that support this club with everything they have, all the while failing to own any of the blame himself in where we’re at. How does anyone respect him for who he’s turned out to be? 

Sorry but IMO, this was built up by groups of fans either willingly or incontempally....Many things misused & abused.Twisted,then Blamed Rodgers.

He's not done or said half the statements he's claimed to have,but fans opinionating and putting words in his mouths..or twisting to their agendas..Social-media is a concieted animal with posters staying gleafully anonymous....

I will say again mis use of turn of phrase has come from negative fans,

Who still use a that same twist to deny it...

He's rightly/wrongly protected the squad...

He has called them out out rightly on their failings...

Throwing someone under the bus he ain't,but let it known he's unhappy with some....Ain't the same...!!

Call Rodgers out for system he plays,

The teams poor performances & lack of Mental-discipline week out,week in on same defensive errors.

Not sorting out corners, CBs not marking their man...

The goals never a CB in site,or taking responsibility...Always,Always a FB beaten,or Barnes interfering at the best.

Rodgers is failing there....,but IMO he has defended the squad,and cursed them indirectly..like or not unlike other

Managers..has repeatedly said end

Responsibility is his...I agree with him calling out the club, its his right,but others will turn it.He hasn't got resources support,but has said he can only use what he has...What other words shall he use...I am proud yes proud he didn't hide behind our most chronic injury hit period in the club's history,unlike several big 6-8 managers,who's problem was NOT so intensive as ours...!!!

He's slobbered sometimes like they all do...but he his a straight guy,but some concieted fans will always on Social-media turn it the other way...!

I blame him (if that's the right word) 

For now failing where he was successfull...others just love hating...

Poor souls...!

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Rodgers is a bullshitting charlatan who has benefitted from players demonstrating exceptional talent at key moments and squad momentum. 

When push has come to shove, we’ve seen complete squad mental fragility and collapse - on occasions in his first season, increasing with each season. This is completely on him. 

Combine this with his unfathomable substitutions and blind adherence to tactics that don’t suit the players at his disposal - and his signings - Rodgers doesn’t deserve an ounce of my respect, the man is an incompetent fool. 

Fvck Brendan Rodgers. 

This should be OP

2 hours ago, Shane said:

The man is a snakeoil salesman.

In 19/20 didn’t we arguably have one of the best starting 11’s in the league?

- Ricardo and Chilwell were being compared to TAA and Robertson

- Evans and Schmeichel leading the team

- Soyuncu in team of the season

- A midfield 3 of Tielemans, Ndidi & Maddison which most teams were envious of.

- Barnes building his confidence

- 20 goal striker in Vardy

It was harder to fail with that team to be honest. Fraud

True, and at that time it was a very good blend of individuals to make a solid team to succeed.

The problem being, Rodgers is stuck in a mode of cautious, defensive approach while the game has moved on - all other 19 teams seem to have adapted to needing a quicker style of play and being aggressive from the front, attacking with speed. Our 19/20 approach would be brilliant for this season. All teams play with a positive attitude, a positive mentality.

We actually saw it for the first half. Then we went into our shells when we lose the lead or be in a losing position in the game. It's a mentality problem - confidence, approach, discipline, desire, grit, passion. It's all lacking. 

Could probably have all the quality in the world but when the confidence is sucked out of the team it won't get anywhere fast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Sorry but IMO, this was built up by groups of fans either willingly or incontempally....Many things misused & abused.Twisted,then Blamed Rodgers.

He's not done or said half the statements he's claimed to have,but fans opinionating and putting words in his mouths..or twisting to their agendas..Social-media is a concieted animal with posters staying gleafully anonymous....

I will say again mis use of turn of phrase has come from negative fans,

Who still use a that same twist to deny it...

He's rightly/wrongly protected the squad...

He has called them out out rightly on their failings...

Throwing someone under the bus he ain't,but let it known he's unhappy with some....Ain't the same...!!

Call Rodgers out for system he plays,

The teams poor performances & lack of Mental-discipline week out,week in on same defensive errors.

Not sorting out corners, CBs not marking their man...

The goals never a CB in site,or taking responsibility...Always,Always a FB beaten,or Barnes interfering at the best.

Rodgers is failing there....,but IMO he has defended the squad,and cursed them indirectly..like or not unlike other

Managers..has repeatedly said end

Responsibility is his...I agree with him calling out the club, its his right,but others will turn it.He hasn't got resources support,but has said he can only use what he has...What other words shall he use...I am proud yes proud he didn't hide behind our most chronic injury hit period in the club's history,unlike several big 6-8 managers,who's problem was NOT so intensive as ours...!!!

He's slobbered sometimes like they all do...but he his a straight guy,but some concieted fans will always on Social-media turn it the other way...!

I blame him (if that's the right word) 

For now failing where he was successfull...others just love hating...

Poor souls...!

I’ve watched the matches, and watched (and listened to) the interviews conducted by the man himself. He’s said and done exactly the things I described. 

I don’t hate Brendan Rodgers. I don’t wish any ill will upon him. But I also don’t respect him for how he’s gone about his business and who he turned out to be. 

4 hours ago, Motty said:

He's not asking them to do the equivalent of a new driver dangerous driving on the motorway in the snow. These are not inexperienced footballers, he has not massively changed what he has been asking them to for the last 3 years. They are just not doing it well enough. Too many players are giving the ball away cheaply and inexplicably. We're not playing in a new formation or a new style, this style and formation has been successful for us. No formation or system will work if players give the ball away cheaply. This might all lead back to Rodgers "losing the dressing room" or it might be the loss of a big leader in Kasper or it could be too many players are fed up with the situation, either wanting to go on to bigger things or wanting to play more or wanting to play their preferred position. Whatever it is something is wrong and Rodgers isn't getting a tune out of these players so we need get in someone who can. Let's not be too surprised though if a new manager has the same problem and it doesn't magically fix things.

12 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Just don't feel that way and certainly don't have any respect whatsoever towards him. The positions we got in were largely down to the individual brilliance of the players at times and certainly nothing to do with Rodgers tactics. On the contrary, he coached or managed that 'best football' out of us. If that had been his philosophy, we'd still be playing it win or lose.

When NP, Ranieri and Shakespeare went, although I understood the need for them to go, I felt sad about it, particularly Ranieri. With Rodgers I would absolutely love to see the back of him and think he deserves the sack more than all of them. He has no redeeming features. 

I mean, that is just total nonsense