Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eye666

I respect Rodgers, and so should you…

23 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We have differing opinions that's all, no problem. Neither is nonsense. 

You don’t finish 5th in the premier league in back to back seasons if your manager has zero tactical nouse, so I’m afraid yes your opinion is nonsense. 

Things have just gone stale now and he doesn’t know how to change it. Got to go asap 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, eye666 said:

… But it’s time to go.

Some perspective is required and we should have the decency to pay him some respect as one of our most successful managers ever.

He managed us to our first ever FA Cup. He took a mid-table team to the cusp of the Champions League, and took us to the semi finals of a European competition where the club had never been before. He had us playing some of the best football I’ve seen where we managed games like I’ve not seen before, pressed and attacked in numbers, and won big games I dreamt of as a kid - beating Arsenal multiple times (we always always lost, especially away), Man Utd in the cup run, and Chelsea in the cup final. And let’s not forget a record 9-0 victory at Southampton.

He has a squad of very good players who have played some decent football this season. For 60 minutes against Brentford it was a walk in the park. Against Southampton it was similar where we dominated the game for large parts. Against Tottenham we the better team for 45 minutes. But his decision making and responding to opponents tactical tweaks has been woeful, with him showing an inability to adapt to the situation unfolding on the pitch.

I can appreciate that he didn’t get what he wanted in the summer window, but the club has to operate within it’s means for the long term. We still have quality players in the squad, who collectively should be nowhere near bottom of this league.

However, it’s clear that a rot has set in, with a disorganised defensive structure, and a weak mentality where we are imploding every game. We all know that if we get a lead that we won’t be able to see the job through right now. And whilst Brendan is trying tweaks here and there, it is clear that he doesn’t know his best team, that he doesn’t have a plan B, and that the players heads drop too easily because confidence has gone.

Brendan should be celebrated for what he has achieved with the club, but that his time is up and that we need fresh ideas. I hope that as a club we can respect what the man has given us over the past few years, whilst also recognising that his time is up, and at the same time that the media spin about him not being backed can be put to bed - he has clearly lost the dressing room and his decision making leave a lot to be desired. At this level that means the end.

I wish him well, but there is a fantastic squad waiting for someone with new ideas and enthusiasm to steer us to safety with fast, direct football, and build a squad next summer to challenge for Europe again next season. There is no better time for a new man to start than now with an international break to reorganise and regroup, and with a fixture against local rivals where we chop some trees and climb the table.

Thank you Brendan, but it’s time for a new manager to lead us forward.

The only thing I respect is that you've managed to write a biography about him. Have you signed him up?

15 minutes ago, Area88 said:

Rodgers does deserve some respect or should we throw the FA Cup out of the trophy cabinet into the bin?

Should we throw away our Community Shield trophy too?

We should've thrown away the PL trophy when we sacked Ranieri too.

• Haha 1

We can support Rogers all we want but he looks powerless out there and his body language shows it. We can’t continue to sleep walk through this crisis for much longer. The team is still good but is very very fragile and keeps falling apart. They desperately need mental support. 
a former beast of a player like N’didi doesn’t get robbed like that off the ball if he’s got a point to prove. A legend like Vardy doesn’t just stroll around like he coudnt care less. I could go on but there are players who are still trying like madders and even you’re, Timmy and JJ yes they are susceptible to mistakes but they are still trying. It’s like mentally they are all in quick sand. The results are attrocious and the performances are a mixed bag. It’s a sad situation we are wounded animal

desperately need a result anything 1-0 or 1-1 or 0-0 something to cling onto otherwise if all their heads will drop like that last derby team that got relegated. It’s a long season still!

45 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

You don’t finish 5th in the premier league in back to back seasons if your manager has zero tactical nouse, so I’m afraid yes your opinion is nonsense. 

Things have just gone stale now and he doesn’t know how to change it. Got to go asap 

For 2 seasons we started with fast attacking football and pressing the opposition, it got results. Both times he changed it introducing his supposed possession based controlling game reminiscent of Barcelona past, except we didn't have Xavi, Iniesta or Busquets on the books! Even then, that style became upgraded.

Subsequently, notwithstanding he continually forced square pegs in round holes to try and live his dream, it started to fail as we retreated into a dirge of backwards and sideways football in our own half, often putting ourselves under pressure and often losing possession. He persisted. 

Nevertheless, we still at times gained points due to the individual tenacity of some of our better players like Vardy who though hampered and living on scraps, would still score or perhaps Tielemans from a long range shot. Many's a game where we'd play poorly yet unrdeservedly pop up with a goal towards the end to paper over the cracks. As the seasons wore on, our luck ran out and our defence leaked also, a separate issue showing lack of tactical nous and ability or wish to change. 

The latter 6 months of last season saw us almost in relegation form at times and certainly the last 3 wins against dreadful opposition really papered over the cracks. Knock those 9 points off our final total with the squad we had, despite injuries, would give a disgraceful tally.

There were so many tactical blunders from initial team selections in relation to opposition, tactics and substitutions that you'd have to seriously question what you refer to as 'his' tactical nous.

Has it not been glaringly simple to even look at his team selections and set up this season to predict the result? Substitutions or sometimes lack of them have been either comical or deserving of some of the conspiracy theories on here too.

It's not just people like me who completely doubt his abilities or even other Leicester supporters on here, such doubts are mirrored by Liverpool and Celtic fans also. His arrival at clubs at the absolute right times however is astoundingly good. It's when he weaves his philosophical/tactical magic and gets involved with recruitment that things appear to go down hill.

There are quite a number of managers who could perhaps walk into Manchester City tomorrow as have initial success with that star studded squad, whether they could keep it going like Pep is a different matter of course. Likewise, a number of decent managers could have walked into Leicester City when Rodgers did with the squad he inherited and initially look as if they're doing well. It's what happens as things move forward. If things ain't broke, don't mend em. Don't introduce nonsense for nonsense sake or personal aggrandisation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Area88 said:

Rodgers does deserve some respect or should we throw the FA Cup out of the trophy cabinet into the bin?

Hes lost the respect he earned from that. This is the worst football we've seen from the best side we've had. 

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

For 2 seasons we started with fast attacking football and pressing the opposition, it got results. Both times he changed it introducing his supposed possession based controlling game reminiscent of Barcelona past, except we didn't have Xavi, Iniesta or Busquets on the books! Even then, that style became upgraded.

Subsequently, notwithstanding he continually forced square pegs in round holes to try and live his dream, it started to fail as we retreated into a dirge of backwards and sideways football in our own half, often putting ourselves under pressure and often losing possession. He persisted. 

Nevertheless, we still at times gained points due to the individual tenacity of some of our better players like Vardy who though hampered and living on scraps, would still score or perhaps Tielemans from a long range shot. Many's a game where we'd play poorly yet unrdeservedly pop up with a goal towards the end to paper over the cracks. As the seasons wore on, our luck ran out and our defence leaked also, a separate issue showing lack of tactical nous and ability or wish to change. 

The latter 6 months of last season saw us almost in relegation form at times and certainly the last 3 wins against dreadful opposition really papered over the cracks. Knock those 9 points off our final total with the squad we had, despite injuries, would give a disgraceful tally.

There were so many tactical blunders from initial team selections in relation to opposition, tactics and substitutions that you'd have to seriously question what you refer to as 'his' tactical nous.

Has it not been glaringly simple to even look at his team selections and set up this season to predict the result? Substitutions or sometimes lack of them have been either comical or deserving of some of the conspiracy theories on here too.

It's not just people like me who completely doubt his abilities or even other Leicester supporters on here, such doubts are mirrored by Liverpool and Celtic fans also. His arrival at clubs at the absolute right times however is astoundingly good. It's when he weaves his philosophical/tactical magic and gets involved with recruitment that things appear to go down hill.

There are quite a number of managers who could perhaps walk into Manchester City tomorrow as have initial success with that star studded squad, whether they could keep it going like Pep is a different matter of course. Likewise, a number of decent managers could have walked into Leicester City when Rodgers did with the squad he inherited and initially look as if they're doing well. It's what happens as things move forward. If things ain't broke, don't mend em. Don't introduce nonsense for nonsense sake or personal aggrandisation.

Crikey - lot of words to say very little! Things worked previously, but we’ve stale now, for many reasons, including some absolutely horrendous man management, team selection and tactics from Rodgers. 

My point is for the two years we finished 5th and won the FA cup BR was very good, not perfect, but very good. It’s silly to say otherwise and fuelled by negative emotions towards him caused by his behaviour in the past 12-18 months. You don’t fluke your way to two 5th positions and an FA cup, that’s culmination of a strong playing squad under good leadership and tactical nouse.

I actually agree with a lot of your points, I’m just making the point that he is a capable manager - he just seems to have a shelf life at clubs as seen here, liverpool and Celtic. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Crikey - lot of words to say very little! Things worked previously, but we’ve stale now, for many reasons, including some absolutely horrendous man management, team selection and tactics from Rodgers. 

My point is for the two years we finished 5th and won the FA cup BR was very good, not perfect, but very good. It’s silly to say otherwise and fuelled by negative emotions towards him caused by his behaviour in the past 12-18 months. You don’t fluke your way to two 5th positions and an FA cup, that’s culmination of a strong playing squad under good leadership and tactical nouse.

I actually agree with a lot of your points, I’m just making the point that he is a capable manager - he just seems to have a shelf life at clubs as seen here, liverpool and Celtic. 

In less words then, imo, just because we came 5th twice and won a knockout competition doesn't necessarily mean Rodgers was very good, hence my Manchester City analogy. He did what should be reasonably expected, with those squads in line with the competition against us for those two seasons. A very good manager would have secured 4th spot and got us into Europe both times. When he got us to the Europa League he was crap too. Same as Liverpool and Celtic. He's a fraud. 

• Like 2

I think everyone has said thank you for the cup and thank you for that 19/20 season where we were still playing fast attacking football. I gave him time, hoped it was a blip, hoped it would turn round but EVERY manager has a shelf life. He's the 3rd longest serving manager in the PL, it's been a decent run but he's hit the wall. Jumped the shark. Had his day, etc etc. My respect would be a lot higher if he dropped the arrogance and resigned. He's putting his legacy and the future of the club in jeopardy by staying for his payout. Modern managers don't resign because they all want a final payday, look at Mourinho. a 10m payoff every 3 years. What a life.

DON'T TELL ME I SHOULD RESPECT HIM.

In all my years watching and following this great club I've never felt so low as I do now. Even the Pleat years and relegations I never felt so low as I do now. Not only we are losing but Rodgers ball is the most boring game I've ever watched. To the point now I won't even go to the pub to watch a game.

Respect Rodgers the cvnt that stuck a knife in my love for the game and our great club, NOT A FECKING CHANCE.

One lucky cup run dont make this right he has destroyed our team and probably the club.

If we go down this season I see years of darkness ahead and it's all down to him. Wasted money on players he wanted but doesn't play. Players like Vesty he bought and the game he plays doesn't suit.

RESPECT him, he's a total fake and the sooner he fecks off the better. This club is travelling backwards at the speed of sound with this cvnt at the helm.

If he did the right thing and walked I may then respect him just for doing that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Area88 said:

We should do if we haven't. Winning a friendly against Man City reserves should not be something celebrated