Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BrianSwan

Where did it go wrong for you?

21 hours ago, Matt said:

Changing style.

I'll go back to the season after our league win we were apparently 'found out', apparently it wasn't sustainable, so we ripped that up and went down the style the majority of other clubs play, the boring, insipid, disgusting style, every team matching each other up, playing exactly the same making for a boring game period.

We're now been playing the tippy tappy shite, sideways, backwards, the so called 'way to play football', apparently a sustainable and 'pretty' style for 5 years now, it's clear we've been found out, so how long are we going to continue with it? Bearing in mind we instantly ripped up our old style because we'd been 'found out'.

I'm not sure it's ever been good, exciting, positive or pretty and if you ain't got the players to play in such a way I don't see how its particularly sustainable.

Many of the players we have are suited to our old style, we still sign many players largely suited to our old style, yet there is a brief from someone in the club. the board? That we want to go down the route playing in this way, the club is confused.

This isn't me looking back and admiring nostalgically, I just wanna see effective football, there is a time and place for the tippy tappy we are exclusively playing but there lies the problem, we're playing it exclusively. Mix it up. (That goes for the game in general)

This. At least five thousand times. More possession than Spurs on Saturday but for what.

Edited by ftfagos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1