Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ginger_Filbert

Troubles In Leicester

2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I have go on twitter and use the hashtag #leicester and the videos are clear to see. Its been going on for a while but due to the what is frankly racial segregation in Leicester. The mainly English areas of Leicester have no clue.

The videos from two weeks ago are the post cricket ones - are those the ones ? Because I can’t find any others - down Melton Road ?

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

But they are British and living in Britain?

No. Let's please nip this in the bud: They are British passport holders. There is a difference.

Many Asians I know that we're even born here, refer to India as home or were 'imported' here as wifes. (Frightening how many such arrangements like this that I'm aware of)

Regarding the division in their society, I work with and have friends from both sides and my impression is that, until now, they've tolerated one another.

That is, a fragile co-existance.

One of the most racist people I know is an Hindu I work with. He often sent me jokes about Pakistanis (He used the unacceptable shortend word) I asked him to stop. Yet on the surface he is a passive, quietly spoken chap.

9 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

6 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Another one of a coach from Outside Leicester. 

https://twitter.com/AshleaSimonBF/status/1571600992960905216?s=20&t=8r7AI2stMeIDOi4VKPCzuA

Then what appears to be people from Birmingham joining in.

These are both Muslim representatives. The other video posted was of a BJP state TV. The original post was adamant it was Muslims from Birmingham (Muslims coming from Birmingham, to support the BJP propaganda ?!?!!).

What I am trying to highlight is that there is a lot of false propaganda being spread via social media. That isn’t helping. It’s madness what people are coming up with increase the tension. There is shit going on but it seems it’s very easy to create fact. 

20 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

No. Let's please nip this in the bud: They are British passport holders. There is a difference.

Many Asians I know that we're even born here, refer to India as home or were 'imported' here as wifes. (Frightening how many such arrangements like this that I'm aware of)

Regarding the division in their society, I work with and have friends from both sides and my impression is that, until now, they've tolerated one another.

That is, a fragile co-existance.

One of the most racist people I know is an Hindu I work with. He often sent me jokes about Pakistanis (He used the unacceptable shortend word) I asked him to stop. Yet on the surface he is a passive, quietly spoken chap.

I'm a British passport holder but don't refer to India as home. I consider my heritage as Indian, but technically I'm a British national.

Sadly I know of racist people that are Indian/Hindu as well as Pakistani or Muslim. It's unacceptable on all levels, on all sides, to all extremes.

You're right about the tolerance. Having said that, most Asians I know, be it Pakistani or Indians that are Muslims or Hindus, do respect each other, and isn't just 'tolerance'. The older generations generally (and a big generalisation at that) are those that have the more stubborn, deep-rooted intolerance for each other. I'd like to think my generation (up to now what we've seen in past few days) are putting to bed those intolerances.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Claridge said:

No not really, I know that it is just an excuse for dickheads to cause trouble

Isn’t that always the case ? It’s a dickhead mentality. Whether it be the far right. Football hooligans. Religious fanatics. Dickheads cause dickhead behaviour - we can’t pretend to understand any of it.

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

These are both Muslim representatives. The other video posted was of a BJP state TV. The original post was adamant it was Muslims from Birmingham (Muslims coming from Birmingham, to support the BJP propaganda ?!?!!).

What I am trying to highlight is that there is a lot of false propaganda being spread via social media. That isn’t helping. It’s madness what people are coming up with increase the tension. There is shit going on but it seems it’s very easy to create fact. 

I was trying to show that both sides seem to be instigating violence and that it is defo still going on. My Mum lives in the area and is Muslim. She is petrified at the moment.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/news-opinion/what-led-ugly-scenes-violence-7603138

What led to the ugly scenes of violence and disorder in Leicester?
The issues behind the unrest in the east of the city are far more complex than just a cricket match

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You came out saying it was purely linked to religion (waits for post response which says, well no I didn’t because I just said religion blah blah bullshit). 

Religion, for these extremist plays very little part apart from the chanting of a few religious slogans. They are known to attack those of the same faith (it will happen if they can’t cause the uprising) as well indiscriminately attack others of other and non faith. 

So yeah, religion is certainly not the main issue here. Perhaps add some context

I’m not getting into a blah blah bulshit argument as you suggested ( quite rude ) 

There are a lot of issues which lead to what’s going on and one is two religions for what ever reason not agreeing with each other. 
you explain everything a lot better though so I’ll let you carry on and I’ll stick to my one word explanations thanks 😊 

The problem is not an issue of local born Hindus, but new Hindu immigrants with their rss bs, I'm Sikh and I'm not concerned by these pusyhl0es, the local born Muslims know the problem is not the old Hindus, or the Hindus born in Leicester, what could help is if the local born Hindus got their sh!t together and got involved.

Almost half of the 18 people arrested after violence between Hindu and Muslim communities in Leicester over the weekend came from outside the county, the Guardian has learned.

Concerns that outsiders have stirred up trouble in the city have heightened as it was discovered eight of those arrested were not from Leicestershire. Of these, five came from Birmingham, while one came from Solihull, one from Luton and one gave an address in Hounslow.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/19/half-those-arrested-over-clashes-in-leicester-from-outside-county

51 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Media coverage of this has been awful.

Part of the problem is that its just completely alien to us by and large in this country. 

Politics from outside of Europe and the United States just doesn't really exist on the radar of even news media let alone the general public in this country. 

Everyone knows about the war in Ukraine or that Donald Trump is in trouble over classified documents but you have to go out of your way to learn who the BJP and RSS are or what terms like Hindutva mean. 

It's very easy for the actual perpetrators here to push an Islamophobic narrative and shift the blame because we're so used to Muslims being the boogeyman of our tabloid media 

• Like 2