Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ginger_Filbert

Troubles In Leicester

24 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

even this thread is disnintegrating to religious hate... my imaginary person is better than yours.

Grow up you dickheads... 

Now the Far right leader Paul Golding wants to come with "battle buses" to Leicester. This is getting out of hand. Its going to be a 3 way battle between morons arguing about how much they hate Brown people and those arguing about their sky Gods.

I hate life right now.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, sm1 said:

Not what I've been told and seen. In August India beat Pakistan and there were celebrations on Belgrave Road (predominantly a Hindu and pro Indian area). A few days later Pakistan beat India and Pakistani supporters came to Belgrave Road and not just celebrated, but started chanting anti Indian slogans and calling Modi a dog. This led to skirmishes and a Hindu home celebrating a festival had eggs thrown at it. When the family members came out to protest this, a man and woman were attacked. There have been skirmishes since then culminating in Hindus congregating and walking through Green Lane Road (a predominantly Muslim area) chanting pro Hindu slogans. There were violent skirmishes and one Muslim youth got injured. Muslims then put out a call to arms, spreading false stories about Mosques being attacked and Hindus trying to kidnap Muslim girls. In fact it was a Hindu temple that was attacked and their flag burnt, whilst police looked on doing nothing. Plenty of videos around showing this.

Anyway this led to coaches full of Muslim men coming from Birmingham looking for trouble, which has exacerbated the problem. I've got quite a few Indian supporting friends, so watched abit of the 1st game with them on Belgrave Road. It was certainly a raucous atmosphere but pretty jovial.

I’ve asked family and friends too and this summary seems to add up to the most complete chain of events. So far the narrative all over social media seems to be a very heavy Muslim bias towards Hindu youths being front & center of the troubles which doesn’t make sense (smoke & fire)
the big religious festival that recently coincided was related to lord Ganesh (revered Hindu god) and I also heard the egg throwing incident which caused huge disrespect and anger. It’s hard to corroborate 100% all the incidents on both sides without real evidence and actual witnesses not hearsay. It’s been tit for tat for weeks quickly escalating. There are definately some mysterious masterminds on both sides inciting violence. The bus loads of thugs coming from other parts of the country seems coordinated and intentional.

Regarding cricket I lived through the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s and there were many India/Pakistan matches. If India won there was wild but peaceful celebrations on belgrave road involving (men/women/children/elderly) no violence.

I even remember WC tournament where Pakistan knocked India out and Pakistan fans drove down belgrave road to gloat in their cars. There was banter but not much else. It goes back and forth and then both communities move on (win some lose some). What is happening now is bonkers.

it’s imported hate fueled ideology that’s driving mostly what appears to be misguided angry youth and young men in their 20’s. It’s not the Leicester I grew up in. The landscape has changed considerably since so many new immigrants from different parts of the sub continent have quickly added to the cultural melting pot.

I fear a lack of proper integration is to blame for the civil disobedience and disregard for law and order as well as living peacefully within a broader community.

it’s heartbreaking to watch this all unfold from a far. My parents still live off belgrave road my home. Crazy! I grew up with great friends who were Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, Christian and Afro carribean. This is BS going on right now and it needs to be quashed or those that want violence to leave the city and take their drama somewhere else. Leave Leicester alone!

there’s enough problems already and I’ve not even mentioned Rogers still in charge and our club facing potential relegation.

• Like 2

Now Britain first are involved lol. Clearly there’s lots of money, influence and power to be gained from a cultural melting pot like Leicester, where people have historically always got on. Division sows profit. Don’t believe, share or buy into any of the absolute sh1t being spouted. Leave the race hate and discriminatory crime to third world hell hole backwaters like Kent and Essex. 

Hopefully mods can be proactive in deleting anything that strays into inflammation on here 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The problem we (community groups at both ends) are having at this moment is controlling the information and what is factual and what is not. I’m part of 5 WhatsApp groups dealing with the police, councillors, local community groups and national community groups - the amount of messages coming in has me sat with the IPHONE charger next to me. I’ve not shared any of these videos because there is no point. 

There is genuine hate on both sides and misinformation. Some guys just in it for a laugh and fight - actually most. 

This is a new ideology which Leicester hasn’t seen before BUT on the other end there is also a thug like mentality which is equally bad. 

One thing that has not only given me peace but showed me how great this city will continue to be was an argument between the an Imam and a priest of one of the Mandir. They were arguing about covering the cost of the other in case of any further damage and/disturbances - anyone whose seen Gujarati uncles having an argument as to who pays on a night out, this was it - as long as we have that dialogue, we’ll be ok. 

That sounds brilliant, I can imagine that!!

29 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The problem we (community groups at both ends) are having at this moment is controlling the information and what is factual and what is not. I’m part of 5 WhatsApp groups dealing with the police, councillors, local community groups and national community groups - the amount of messages coming in has me sat with the IPHONE charger next to me. I’ve not shared any of these videos because there is no point. 

There is genuine hate on both sides and misinformation. Some guys just in it for a laugh and fight - actually most. 

This is a new ideology which Leicester hasn’t seen before BUT on the other end there is also a thug like mentality which is equally bad. 

One thing that has not only given me peace but showed me how great this city will continue to be was an argument between the an Imam and a priest of one of the Mandir. They were arguing about covering the cost of the other in case of any further damage and/disturbances - anyone whose seen Gujarati uncles having an argument as to who pays on a night out, this was it - as long as we have that dialogue, we’ll be ok. 

Was it something like this? The end...."ok have a nice day!" :D 

Disclaimer! - Profanity in the video!! - NSFW

Edited by hejammy
  • Haha 1

I hope this is the end of it all. Call it a turning point in race relations. A wake up call to community leaders to be more in tune with what’s bubbling up in their neighborhoods and tackle any issues before they escalate out of control. The council authorities in taking more interest and providing support to inner cities. The police to have a better handle of these events large or small and finally the public; to stop getting so easily mugged by the fanatics. To the parents know where your kids are and challenge them on the rights and wrongs of their actions. If theirs any inspiration to hold onto it’s how our city came together with pride to celebrate our football team defying all odds to win the premier league. We are 1 foxes!

• Thanks 1

The other thing that I've heard over the last few days (and something I sympathise with), is the term and use of it, Hindutva. 

One of the consistent disagreements between both sides is use of this term in media statements etc. Note the statement made jointly yesterday didnt make reference to it. It truly is the elephant in the room. It was (in parts reluctantly) agreed on both sides not to make reference to it. 

The concern from the hindu community is that by using the the term, it would blacklist and tar all hindus - something that the muslim community understands all to well. Not all hindus are of the Hindutva ideology - many in india and here are fighting against it. But reference it, there are a lot of small minded people who then link every action of this extreme ideology to be dealt with by everyday hindus - just like muslims are expected to deal with the extreme ideology linked to their religion. 

It seems unfair for Prakash Bhai and Abdul Bhai who have lived and contributed to Leicester in more ways than one can imagine to explain the actions of some 20 years old lost in a extremist ideology but this is what is feared and to be honest what some will expect to happen. 

I go down to the point. most of the guys on these rampages have little or no knowledge for the religion they are claiming to represent - I bet if we counted how many times most of them had been in the mosque/mandir - there would be more attendance via school trips. 

Its a very sensitive time and to be honest its very hard to find either party in the right. 

On a side note, if anyone wants to see a very good news segment on this, google Darshana Soni's account for Channel 4 news yesterday - outstanding research and really captivates the issues. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I hope this is the end of it all. Call it a turning point in race relations. A wake up call to community leaders to be more in tune with what’s bubbling up in their neighborhoods and tackle any issues before they escalate out of control. The council authorities in taking more interest and providing support to inner cities. The police to have a better handle of these events large or small and finally the public; to stop getting so easily mugged by the fanatics. To the parents know where your kids are and challenge them on the rights and wrongs of their actions. If theirs any inspiration to hold onto it’s how our city came together with pride to celebrate our football team defying all odds to win the premier league. We are 1 foxes!

Some coherent thinking!!! 

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

There is genuine hate on both sides and misinformation. Some guys just in it for a laugh and fight - actually most

So, this is really no different to football hooliganism from the 70s and 80s but under a different banner.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just gonna put this out there that we should be very careful about what's shared and what's attributed to whom. The video Micky shared is from 5Pillars:

whose editor is a known islamist propagandist on twitter.

Wonder why my post responding to this moron was deleted ?

I can't believe this is all to do with a cricket match as some quarters of the media are suggesting.

There is an old saying: "Religion is the root of all evil" which seems to me is nearer to the truth in this case.

Community leaders and faith leaders in Leicester have a lot to answer for.

It’s interesting reading all of the comments in here last night and trying to understand what is going on and then I heard it referenced on local radio this afternoon - India are set to meet Pakistan at the World Cup in about a months time at the MCG. Over 100,000 tickets sold out in about 5 minutes for the big game.

A caller to the radio station referenced what had happened in Leicester and was worried about taking their family to the game.

Thanks to all of those who have provided information on what exactly is happening and stay safe anyone who is directly involved in the community or lives in the area.

People say the communities used to live peacefully together but it's always been there under the surface.   When I sold my house off St Saviours Rd 20 years ago both my Hindu and Sikh neighbours asked me not to sell to a Muslim.    

We moved out of Leicester a couple of years later but I expect segregation is just as entrenched - maybe more so as the conflict between Muslim and non-muslim people of Asian descent grows.    There will always be the potential for conflict where populations are divided by reinforcing cleavages - religion, location, skin colour, culture - there are enough examples from recent history.   

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

I can't believe this is all to do with a cricket match as some quarters of the media are suggesting.

There is an old saying: "Religion is the root of all evil" which seems to me is nearer to the truth in this case.

Community leaders and faith leaders in Leicester have a lot to answer for.

So far wide of the mark its unreal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Imagine calling your vehicle a "battle bus" without irony and then getting upset at the police for stopping it. 

What a fvcking moron. 

I struggled to keep back the snorts when he said 'we are bringing 3 (!!) battle buses to Leicester'. All this whilst he's sat in a mini-bus, some battle bus, be 50 people at most. 

58 minutes ago, CrownHills said:

People say the communities used to live peacefully together but it's always been there under the surface.   When I sold my house off St Saviours Rd 20 years ago both my Hindu and Sikh neighbours asked me not to sell to a Muslim.    

We moved out of Leicester a couple of years later but I expect segregation is just as entrenched - maybe more so as the conflict between Muslim and non-muslim people of Asian descent grows.    There will always be the potential for conflict where populations are divided by reinforcing cleavages - religion, location, skin colour, culture - there are enough examples from recent history.   

Yeah but nothings " kicked off " has it?

You'll always get these remarks  just like in the 70's the white people would say "Dont sell your house to any p@kis",now it's broken down into religious sections.

As long as it just simmers away without incidents its not ideal but it is contained.

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

So far wide of the mark its unreal. 

@David Hankey laugh all you want but don't make statements without foundation. When nearly half of the arrests over the last weekend are not Leicester residents and you have a head of state elsewhere whom is stirring up such emotions, to say Community leaders and faith leaders in Leicester have a lot to answer for is unfounded. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Yeah but nothings " kicked off " has it?

You'll always get these remarks  just like in the 70's the white people would say "Dont sell your house to any p@kis",now it's broken down into religious sections.

As long as it just simmers away without incidents its not ideal but it is contained.

Always find comment like that so weird. Like there’s this hidden agenda because someone’s neighbours friends brothers dog has said something unsavoury. 

Just like any diverse community, there are people who just don’t like each other but to pretend that there is a hidden murderous rage within those people is ridiculous. 

I put money on it that everyone here has heard something not PC from a friend, family member etc. that person is secretly planning a battle of the ages!! Brown people are not that much different. 

• Like 1