Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alfox13

England thread

On 27/09/2022 at 11:47, J. James said:

Southgate is just the latest in a long line of FA appointed yes men that have repeatedly failed to bring success and have wasted the undoubted talent that we have in this country.

I used to really look forward to the world cup, it was a summer festival of amazing talent and beautiful football and England!

Historically our most talented were not in the squad or not given a chance, if George Best and Pele were born English they'd have had a couple of caps between them!

Conversely Maddison would walk into most other countries starting 11 let alone squad!

We were and are managed by a conservative "better to not risk being beaten heavilly" mindset which fails and fails again.

The priority for the FA is "a safe pair of hands" and "a man who won't rock the boat",

the priority for people like Southgate seems to be keep the job!

The WW1 phrase "Lions led by donkeys" sums up England management to me.

I'm not looking forward to the bribary cup this time, selling it to those barbarians is the final proof that the once beautiful game has been brought to its knees by greed and corruption - how much faith can anyone have that refs and other officials have not been similarly bought?

Won't be watching!..

It will farcical...

Bit like what the PL has become.

• Like 1

Anybody else get the awful feeling that Iran will shithouse there way to a 1-0 win over us just like they did to Uruguay few days ago?

It would just be typical. I really think we will struggle to get out the group. If we need something when we play Wales then i cant see us doing it. Just no confidence in this team.

Hope i am wrong. The first game vs Iran is on my birthday so they best win lol