Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alfox13

England thread

Having a break from Rodgers only to be met with Southgate. It makes you wonder if you're the problem. The reality is we've basically all been hit by lightning twice in a day. Purgatory.

Good luck in Qatar for those who are still emotionally invested. Yikes.

14 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Southgate actually has the balls to say that this was a step in the right direction. !!

A bullshit artist in a suit.

Do you think Southgate and Rodgers are twins or brothers but separated at some point when they were young? The mirroring of their current careers couldn't be more striking. 🤣

• Haha 1

Where is the damn exitement gone of following England. It’s SO damn boring!

Fans of southgate say he’s pragmatic a smart guy honest well BS give me snarling raving high octane unpredictable manager instead please. Win or lose we just want to be entertained by seeing players playing their hearts out to the best of their ability in their favored positions. Just can’t stand it anymore!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

A couple of months ago I posted that this Southgate's team will have huge trouble against USA. After watching Iran against Uruguay I have a very bad feeling about this group. 

Fortunately for Ingerland Berhalter is almost as bad as Southgate.  Maybe not quite as awful on the whole, but not good.  But the key players on the US side are getting a lot of exposure in top tier football and mostly doing very well, which can only help their chances.  It could be a very evenly matched group.

39 minutes ago, S1ddo71 said:

Do you think Southgate and Rodgers are twins or brothers but separated at some point when they were young? The mirroring of their current careers couldn't be more striking. 🤣

They have both learned how to charm the press & say all the right things. Neither one has a clue about tactics or strategies but both look good in a suit and can spew the bullshit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Majority of us don't like Southgate and Rodgers and want both of them sacked. Imagine the scenes after the world Cup when they switch jobs. 

Imagine the horror for us fans once Southgate botches the WC -  gets sacked, and then hired at Leicester. Between the two of those twats, it would be a race on who could get us relegated down to the National league the fastest.

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Lol have we been relegated? I didn’t even know you could be. Our football and manager are shit anyway.

It’s time we woke up and worked for it instead saying we invented football and football belongs in England, whatever that means.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard an England fan talk like this tbf 

Long ago decided that I wouldn't watch England again until Southgate is sacked. Given all of the attacking talent we have at our disposal, he choses to select 4 right backs in the squad rather than including extra creative players, plays a back 5 just so he can shoehorn Maguire into the team, refuses to field anyone in CM who is creative and deploys arguably our most in form right winger as a left wing back. We are regularly starting games with 7 defensive minded outfield players. It's almost Rodgers' levels of hideousness except that Southgate actually thinks he's doing his best, rather than trying to get the sack to get a huge pay off. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Don’t think I’ve ever heard an England fan talk like this tbf 

I’m just sick of “football’s coming home”.

We seem to overestimate how good we are, get upset when better teams beat us, and then never reflect to the point where we make changes to the whole English game to improve things.

• Like 1