Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alfox13

England thread

35 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I don’t know if it’s age or life or what but I just can’t seem to care about England anymore. And I don’t say that in a proud way or like I’m trying to sound cool. I’d love to still feel excited. But I just can’t. I actually don’t think I’ve felt quite the same since Euro 96. Since then I don’t know what’s happened. Just so utterly dull and unlikeable. I don’t want this to sound awful, but at points during the final against Italy I actually found myself hoping we wouldn’t win because we didn’t deserve it. I dunno. Maybe something is wrong with me. I’d love to get excited again. 

Nothing to get excited about, boring football, boring and useless manager. That match was so dull I could hardly watch it. I said exactly the same to my boy, you used to look forward to the international games, now there are to many and they disrupt the season. Southgate has to go, he is clueless.

• Like 1

I’ve said for a long time watching Leicester is like watching England. Is it British/ FA coaching? Ponderous possession for possession’s sake. Neither full backs willing to run and commit, little skill factor. Did you notice balls dropped from a height they pulled down dead often, including the goal, Kane and Sterling 20 yards bounce off! Their second touch is a tackle! Southgate and Rodgers out!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Useless. Sadly missed this one to being abroad. 

Southgate just needs to go, now, but he won’t, won’t get past 2nd round in WC. 

However some of those B team ties will be tasty, will be decent as a travelling fan. 

You have seen where this year's World Cup is being staged haven't you? Decent isn't a word I'd use 

9 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Majority of us don't like Southgate and Rodgers and want both of them sacked. Imagine the scenes after the world Cup when they switch jobs. 

I've mentioned this in the past! My nightmare scenario was that we got off to a bad start, and kept Rodgers until the break for the World Cup before sacking him, and then when England inevitably flop in the World Cup, Southgate is sacked and he gets the job with Leicester. Oh the joy!! :angry:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

You have seen where this year's World Cup is being staged haven't you? Decent isn't a word I'd use 

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I think he means the games in the nations league now England are in the second tier. Assume they’ll be playing teams like Lithuania etc 

Yeah, Nations League in the B division. 

Not interested in this years WC, even as a Travel Club member. 

• Like 1

I just can't watch England anymore. I'm seriously bored with them within 10 mins. 

We have no "Characters" or those types of leaders and players we've had in the past. Players like Gazza, Adams, Merson, Hoddle, Wilkins, Sherringham, Platt etc, players that Englands' working class (Which football was traditionally formed around) can relate to. We don't have those types of legends anymore.

Any one, and many more, of those (types of) players listed above would be enough to be glued to the TV for the England games and garner excitement for hours before.

Now it seems the players we have are simply just dull, unrelatebale clones of one another,

Can anyone seriously relate to, support, or get excited towards what we have now to how we used to past players/squads/managers

I just can't get behind or watch these players and current manager.

Says something when I get excited to watch England Women more than the men.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

I just can't watch England anymore. I'm seriously bored with them within 10 mins. 

We have no "Characters" or those types of leaders and players we've had in the past. Players like Gazza, Adams, Merson, Hoddle, Wilkins, Sherringham, Platt etc, players that Englands' working class (Which football was traditionally formed around) can relate to. We don't have those types of legends anymore.

1429613574_Screenshot2022-09-24090724.jpg.b386fad401f04ca5a94720564f3a2717.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I never rated or wanted Southgate but over his years he's done a good job in reaching at least two semi finals of both competitions.

Always been negative manager to me though and persists with the same thing even though it's rubbish.

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I would say the market valuation for England players is inflated is Grealish a 100m player probably not!

If its transfer market then it goes off current valuation rather than what was paid for them.

It also factors in age so the likes of Bellingham and Foden would be valued than the likes of Kante probably.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The real shame of England in this WC is that they probably won’t get past the last 16 which means all the players will be back long before the season restarts - we need all the help we can get 

Most of the teams we will be competing with at the bottom of the league won’t have any England internationals anyway 

5 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I can’t stand Southgate’s views on taking the knee. He actually thinks he’s educating the world. Just stick to football management which you aren’t good at.

Is there any prem/championship club which would have him as manager???

International football , these days at least , is way below the standard of the premiership. Southgate is a failed PL manager , so is really a very good fit. As I have said its all a flag waving exercise , the real business is club football.

It's actually scary the similarities between Southgate & Rodgers.

The whole of the nation are calling for Southgate to be sacked (and rightly so) but these are the same people saying we should give Rodgers more time. Good logic that.

My only fear is they'll job swap and thus complete the nightmare loop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1