Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alfox13

England thread

A couple of positives - Mount didn’t get his usual free pass into the line up and Foden manned up and called out Kane’s greed.

Overall seemed to have a lot of the game in their half but pointlessly over cautious passes, excessive touches, no drive, it’s the tepid bland fest that mirrors the managers personality. You just know he’ll be criticising Grealish for trying to dribble through in the 96th minute but won’t be questioning why so many of the passing options taken in the 90 mins were the easy ineffective ones that don’t lay a glove on the opposition. 

And Dier is still a clumsy oaf who concedes far too many fouls unnecessarily, another liability on the team sheet.

• Haha 1

Last England game I watched was the Italy final and only because my neighbour put up a tent and got half the street in to watch.
Prior to that the last full game I watched was when my mate won tickets to see Eng v Russia at Wembley and Heskey n Owen played in that England winning 3:0 2007.

In between those 2 games I have only watched bits when a Leicester City player was on the pitch and once not I would switch off.

International football has never excited me.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 2

I'm sure its been already been mentioned but the similarities  between Rodgers and Southgate, especially in their post match comments are unbelievable. This obsession with keeping the ball and finding positives in performances that fall so short of the expected standard is delusional.

• Like 1

Feel sorry for any striker in form between now and kane retires. He will always play even if out of form or half injured. I watched the last 15 mins of the first half and then gave up again. Feels like one of the most unlikeable England teams you could have. Don’t think much would change even if Southgate got the sacked I imagine the same old players would get picked still in form on not 

15 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Feel sorry for any striker in form between now and kane retires. He will always play even if out of form or half injured. I watched the last 15 mins of the first half and then gave up again. Feels like one of the most unlikeable England teams you could have. Don’t think much would change even if Southgate got the sacked I imagine the same old players would get picked still in form on not 

Depends on who replaced him.

5 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I don’t know if it’s age or life or what but I just can’t seem to care about England anymore. And I don’t say that in a proud way or like I’m trying to sound cool. I’d love to still feel excited. But I just can’t. I actually don’t think I’ve felt quite the same since Euro 96. Since then I don’t know what’s happened. Just so utterly dull and unlikeable. I don’t want this to sound awful, but at points during the final against Italy I actually found myself hoping we wouldn’t win because we didn’t deserve it. I dunno. Maybe something is wrong with me. I’d love to get excited again. 

It’s because shit international football is rammed down our throats 4-5 times a season when all supporters want to do is watch their clubs. The games actually mean something. 

Bin off international friendlies altogether and stick to the tournaments. The players don’t care and I’m glad that an increasing number of supporters don’t either.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Yep I’ve said this quite often & not just about Kane, managers seem to go with the hype that the so called star player must play and you build a team around him but the issue is if the star player isn’t your focal point of creativity, let’s say someone in Gazza’s mould, then it falls down. 
Kane brilliant striker no doubt but if you can’t get the ball to him it’s a busted flush and he’s not the quicker sprinter of Vardy or a Toney type for instance to be able to get him running onto a chance, so he has to drop deep then no one in front of him unlike Spurs with Son 

26 minutes ago, Md9 said:

There are definitely some questionable cases when it comes to picking certain players however i'm still fascinated as to why people think international call ups should be based on who has been in form the last four weeks (or since the last international break)??? Over time you try to build and mould a team to play in major tournaments, you can't do that just by looking at the stats for the month of September and choosing to pick a squad containing shite such as Dan Burn and Tom Davies ahead of genuine quality players? There are some players who walk into our squad (not necessarily starting XI, but squad) whether they're in form or not.

I do believe though Southgate put his own foot in it when he first started and said he'll pick players on form. In fairness I think there have been quite a number of random players to have got an easy cap under him

Haven't watched an England game outside of a tournament for more then 10 years, no matter who the manager is the football is dull and uninspiring.

We Southgate has exceeded pervious England managers is he knows how to work the media, he's the ultimate FA yes man.

The bloke is more interested in not losing then winning, yawn.

54 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

It’s because shit international football is rammed down our throats 4-5 times a season when all supporters want to do is watch their clubs. The games actually mean something. 

Bin off international friendlies altogether and stick to the tournaments. The players don’t care and I’m glad that an increasing number of supporters don’t either.

I think most fans wouldn't mind if we opted out of tournaments full stop.

Just go back to having the home internationals at the end of the season.

• Haha 1