Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Florist post match welcome back LEICESTER!

13 hours ago, Phenom said:

Give Maddison what he wants. Extend his contract ASAP

I think if we give him what he wants it will probably be a move to a bigger club unfortunately 😥 ( see my above post)

I think he's an excellent professional in the way he conducts himself but lots of noise around it and also his contract situation and the example set by youri.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

What Kind of reaction are you expecting to the start to the season? It's been an unrivalled disaster lol

It has. But I'd hardly describe it as 'somewhat dismayed'.

To reiterate, my original comment concerned the irony of deriving comic value from other's misfortunes and football forum meltdowns. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

To reiterate, my original comment concerned the irony of deriving comic value from other's misfortunes and football forum meltdowns. 

Honestly I'm more shocked it hasn't been worse so somewhat dismayed is hardly the undersell of the century. 

That's part and parcel of being human :dunno:

Great to see us beat the Forest. Cheered every goal like it was Youri's in the final.

However good we were - Forest were woeful - they'll be down by Christmas.

Given they were so bad it was worrying to see how they cut through us so easily at times. Whats going on with Wilf and Youri - why are they letting players ghost past them ? At times the gaps and spaces for their players in front of our back 4 were so large. Fear that anyone even capable of Prem league football would've left us in trouble.

Loved the game, loved the result, and love the lads - but still a little concerned the same old frailities are there.

To add - thought the mixing up of set pieces was great, and Wout looks to install some confidence in our defence, which I think will underpin generally better results going forward.

13 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Exactly! Talk about playing OTT reactions down! lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pedmcl said:

Exactly! Talk about playing OTT reactions down! lol 

What, exactly, has been OTT? You’re coming across as though you think peoples reaction to the first 6 weeks was excessive. I don’t think so. I also don’t see one win against an abysmal Forest as necessarily a catalyst for our resurgence. It might be, but at this stage it’s an expected win against a truly terrible side. That’s all. 

If we now go on a run and put the first 6 weeks behind us, then that might give more weight to your comment.  Failing that, the the reactions have not been OTT.  Too early to tell. 

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

What, exactly, has been OTT? You’re coming across as though you think peoples reaction to the first 6 weeks was excessive. I don’t think so. I also don’t see one win against an abysmal Forest as necessarily a catalyst for our resurgence. It might be, but at this stage it’s an expected win against a truly terrible side. That’s all. 

If we now go on a run and put the first 6 weeks behind us, then that might give more weight to your comment.  Failing that, the the reactions have not been OTT.  Too early to tell. 

I'm not saying all of the reactions have been - concerns have been fair enough, we've been crap, but there have been a few that have gone OTT (Top should sell up, BR is a cvnt... comments like that for instance). 

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure if this has already been posted but what is the point of VAR? 

Really annoyed at the time.

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure if this has already been posted but what is the point of VAR? 

Shortly after this the ball gets blasted at Daka's arm, who is trying to close down the keeper, and the ref blows up for a foul. What is the difference, other than the consequence of the foul being awarded?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Was good to see Rodgers actually use more than one substitution yesterday for a change . 

Bit of a myth really - the Brentford game is the only time that he's made less than 2 subs in a league game this season. 

1 minute ago, stu said:

Shortly after this the ball gets blasted at Daka's arm, who is trying to close down the keeper, and the ref blows up for a foul. What is the difference, other than the consequence of the foul being awarded?

I can only assume that VAR only looked at the first angle where it could be argued that his arm was close to his body. However, the second angle shows a clear handball. Astonishing how they missed that. 

7 minutes ago, pedmcl said:

I'm not saying all of the reactions have been - concerns have been fair enough, we've been crap, but there have been a few that have gone OTT (Top should sell up, BR is a cvnt... comments like that for instance). 

I can get on board with that first one. 2nd one is harsh but he’s sort of brought it on himself. 

Just now, Spudulike said:

I can only assume that VAR only looked at the first angle where it could be argued that his arm was close to his body. However, the second angle shows a clear handball. Astonishing how they missed that. 

Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought they showed both those angles in the ground immediately after it happened? 

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Never a pen in a million years lol Christ

Why not? Arm is away from the body and it's in the box - we've definitely seen them given. 

It's the inconsistency that's frustrating. I wouldn't mind pens not being given for that, but then none of them should be given for those handballs - seems to be about 50/50 at the moment. 

• Like 1