Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Florist post match welcome back LEICESTER!

Defensively we’ve still got problems. I thought Faes should have done better when they hit the post. At corners I thought we looked a bit more determined, but Evans to me looks half a yard off the pace, Faes overall though looks decent, early days for him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yet Chelsea got similar one a few weeks back. Consistency lacking as always 

Totally agree on that, was watching with my dad and we both immediately said it's not a pen but a top 6 team would have gotten it lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

If only we could play Forest every week, we’d have our Champions League spot secured for the next season. 

Imagine Ward in the champions league lmao.

Oh dear that observation is a blamage with custard...

He's in the World cup...!!:P

4 minutes ago, J. James said:

Guessing all the posts along the lines of "great performance but..." are from people who thought we were getting hammered pre match!  🤣🤣

Thought we'd beat these, still think we'll beat the Cherries.

I'd agree, it's a great performance I don't think you can add a but haha. It was a decent performance against an awful team that looked like 11 strangers thrown together and asked to play a game of top flight football. The "great" aspect was really our players scoring difficult chances. 

A nice win and very much needed. Hopefully it eases the pressure a little a gives us something to build on. 

Here it comes though BUT it’s still very much a work in progress. They were awful, we know that the majority of teams in this league would eat up two or three of the chances they had. 

The next two games will show if we really are turning the corner. 

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Given the posting on here for the last six weeks - the irony is excruciating. 

The irony is that we’ve just beaten the worst team in the league and your post appears to be calling out posters who have been somewhat dismayed with the previous 6 weeks. One swallow does not mean the job is done, as I often tell me wife. 

10 hours ago, MrT said:

First 20 mins or so I thought it was another case of all bark, no bite, and even at half time I could see them doing another Spurs and taking advantage of our defence switching off. Very happy with the win and the performance, but slightly concerned with our defence being exposed on the counter - any good side would have had a couple of goals at least and put us on the back foot.

Still, made me silence a pub in Glasgow with a shout after the first goal 

I think you are absolutely right there. I felt the same especially that I first half but I guess that is to be expected given our season so far. It does show the role getting the rub of the green plays in sport. We looked quite exposed at the back several times and rode our luck. Ward looked shot of confidence and I felt we were lucky not to have conceded. As the game grew though you could visibly see the confidence begin to return. We have had a tough start in terms of fixtures and looking ahead hopefully this will prove to be the turning people in our season and most importantly the mood about the club and fans enjoyment. 

So much more like our old selves. We set the tempo early on, and blew them away. A couple of shaky moments but at this level that’s going to happen, even with how poor the opponent is! They were such a team of strangers and it was such a no contest, it almost didn’t feel like a Derby game! However, we do love four goals at home in an East Midlands derby. Maddison was pushing Mahrez levels last night. Overall defended much better as a team. 

The key is to build on this and not let it be a one off. Win on Saturday and things look a lot rosier. The jury remains very much out on Rodgers, but if he can turn things around, then I’ll give him his dues. 

3 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

So much more like our old selves. We set the tempo early on, and blew them away. A couple of shaky moments but at this level that’s going to happen, even with how poor the opponent is! They were such a team of strangers and it was such a no contest, it almost didn’t feel like a Derby game! However, we do love four goals at home in an East Midlands derby. Maddison was pushing Mahrez levels last night. Overall defended much better as a team. 

The key is to build on this and not let it be a one off. Win on Saturday and things look a lot rosier. The jury remains very much out on Rodgers, but if he can turn things around, then I’ll give him his dues. 

Not to put a downer on things but really we were not! - If it wasn't for their abysmal finishing it could have been 4-4 - yes we were the better team by miles but they had lots of opportunities to score - for example the 2 vs 1 where it was probably harder to mess it up than score!

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Defensively we’ve still got problems. I thought Faes should have done better when they hit the post. At corners I thought we looked a bit more determined, but Evans to me looks half a yard off the pace, Faes overall though looks decent, early days for him. 

If the manager had any faith in Soyuncu we wouldn't be seeing much of Evans. Its as clear as day now that physically he can no longer compete at this level.

• Like 1