Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Florist post match welcome back LEICESTER!

40 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

The irony is that we’ve just beaten the worst team in the league and your post appears to be calling out posters who have been somewhat dismayed with the previous 6 weeks. One swallow does not mean the job is done, as I often tell me wife. 

lol Jeez.

No, it's simply pointing out the irony of deriving humour from meltdown on another football forum - that's all. And yeah, many of the posts on here have been ridiculously hysterical. Somewhat dismayed"? Foxes Talk?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Line-X said:

lol Jeez.

No, it's simply pointing out the irony of deriving humour from meltdown on another football forum - that's all. And yeah, many of the posts on here have been ridiculously hysterical. Somewhat dismayed"? Foxes Talk?

Not entirely sure the first 6 weeks could lead to anything other than hysterical frankly. We’ve been beyond dog turd. I hope this win is the turning point, but we need more like it for that to be the case. 

Im not seeing roses blooming just yet. 

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Not entirely sure the first 6 weeks could lead to anything other than hysterical frankly.

It hasn't been great - but then neither have some of the reactions on here - and certainly beyond "somewhat dismayed".

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I hope this win is the turning point, but we need more like it for that to be the case. 

Im not seeing roses blooming just yet. 

Neither am I and I'm not sure it will "turn us around" immediately. There were several instances last night in which our defence was scythed apart and exposed by a very sub-standard team and if they could finish, it may well have cost us the win. They allowed us to play and do what we do - whereas aside from brief spells, other teams haven't. The time and space we enjoyed last night was shocking and going forward, a complete anomaly at this level that we are unlikely to encounter again this season. Also, neither Ward or our defence were subjected to the prolonged pressure that other sides in this league are capable of inflicting.  I'm hoping it has instilled some much needed confidence though. I'd argue that the positives so far have been the manner in which we bossed the MF against Brentford until Rodger's suicidal subs, much of the first half against Spurs, I thought we were unlucky at Chelsea and had some promising periods of play against Man U. The test comes against the mid table teams that were previously no obstacle to us prior to the rot of Rodgerfication. Forest remind me of Birmingham City under Barry Fry. A ragtag farrago of underperforming, overrated journeymen and poorly coached youngsters with Cooper clueless about how to piece together his best starting XI. 

We'll avoid the drop, maybe, but I agree, there's no sudden renaissance or resurgence around the corner simply on the basis of last night (although the clean sheet was welcome). I'll be concerned if Maddison and Tielemans do both leave in January.  

9 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It hasn't been great - but then neither have some of the reactions on here - and certainly beyond "somewhat dismayed".

Neither am I and I'm not sure it will "turn us around" immediately. There were several instances last night in which our defence was scythed apart and exposed by a very sub-standard team and if they could finish, it may well have cost us the win. They allowed us to play and do what we do - whereas aside from brief spells, other teams haven't. The time and space we enjoyed last night was shocking and going forward, a complete anomaly at this level that we are unlikely to encounter again this season. Also, neither Ward or our defence were subjected to the prolonged pressure that other sides in this league are capable of inflicting.  I'm hoping it has instilled some much needed confidence though. I'd argue that the positives so far have been the manner in which we bossed the MF against Brentford until Rodger's suicidal subs, much of the first half against Spurs, I thought we were unlucky at Chelsea and had some promising periods of play against Man U. The test comes against the mid table teams that were previously no obstacle to us prior to the rot of Rodgerfication. Forest remind me of Birmingham City under Barry Fry. A ragtag farrago of underperforming, overrated journeymen and poorly coached youngsters with Cooper clueless about how to piece together his best starting XI. 

We'll avoid the drop, maybe, but I agree, there's no sudden renaissance or resurgence around the corner simply on the basis of last night (although the clean sheet was welcome). I'll be concerned if Maddison and Tielemans do both leave in January.  

Tieleman’s we could probably just about cope with, losing Maddison as well would be an absolute disaster. Just hope all the talk of a done deal is hot air. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Line-X said:

What Kind of reaction are you expecting to the start to the season? It's been an unrivalled disaster lol

• Like 1

Great win and very welcome. Can’t grumble at 4 0, and it was good to see the players smiling and playing with confidence. Maddison was magnificent, particularly in the first half.

Nevertheless, we shouldn’t paper over the cracks. Forest were quite poor, and really didn’t press (which is where we usually come unstuck). Despite this they could easily have scored a few. Our defence still looks fragile.

Hopefully the result will give the team a boost and we can go on a run with the set of winnable fixtures ahead.

• Like 1

The players knew what that meant, fair play. Regardless as to how frustrating the last few weeks have been, we turned up last night. I don’t care how bad they are, it was refreshing to see us move the ball at fast speed and fight for every second ball. 

Absolutely excellent. Especially after that horror show at the City Ground in February, I loved watching us put them to the sword last night, we completely sent them packing. 

Still, these are dreadful. I genuinely think that Forest were one of the worst sides I’ve seen turn up, since us coming back up. Even worse than the 2014 Newcastle side managed by John Carver! They’re pathetic and relegation looks inevitable for them.

We will learn far more from the upcoming fixtures, however, hard to tell as to whether we have turned a corner or it was a flash in the pan. Guess we will find out against Bournemouth, Palace and Wolves. That’ll be a far greater challenge than Forest. 

Can’t complain though, a four nil win against our rivals. A fantastic night, credit to Union FS also - one of their best displays.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Not to put a downer on things but really we were not! - If it wasn't for their abysmal finishing it could have been 4-4 - yes we were the better team by miles but they had lots of opportunities to score - for example the 2 vs 1 where it was probably harder to mess it up than score!

Oh there’s no doubt Awoniyi should have had a goal, be it the one in the first half or the one on one in the second (may have been chalked off had he finished it, looked tight on replay) but beyond that I didn’t feel they carried a significant threat. We missed two free headers you’d expect to get on target in the first 20 minutes alone. I terms of the tempo, pace of play, commitment - that was the Leicester we all want to see. Depends on the way you want to look at it I guess. One swallow doesn’t make a summer, and by no means are we out of the woods, but it’s a start

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Twitcher said:

Thought you could only make up to five substitutions on three occasions? Four occasions tonight.

Half time doesn't count as one of the 3 is my understanding and that stacks up with the timings.

3 each excluding half time.

And an excuse to see the scoreline at the top. 

Screenshot_20221004-113147_FotMob.thumb.jpg.10694e13e987af5bcca758edcf8c73d7.jpg 

Edited by gw_leics772

Guest Col city fan

Have to be honest, having just watched the highlights back from last night, the players are clearly elated when they scored and won.

It doesn’t look like a team who have ‘given up’ or not playing for the manager?

I guess we’ll see what the next few games bring

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Have to be honest, having just watched the highlights back from last night, the players are clearly elated when they scored and won.

It doesn’t look like a team who have ‘given up’ or not playing for the manager?

I guess we’ll see what the next few games bring

I've seen little evidence of the players ever downing tools under Rodgers. I'm sure there are a few in the squad that aren't fully on board with him but I general the effort is there. It's his own tactical stubbornness and self sabotaging ways that are the issue.

Usually with a team in the position we find ourselves in you'd expect a few trouble makers and disruptive characters but I don't feel like that's the case. 

Edited by foxfanazer

13 hours ago, Elvis hammond said:

If madders was at a so called bigger club he is in the engaland squad 

Weve lost him now after this season.

He'll either not be picked and agree with you, or he will get picked and then we always lose them after other England players tap him up. Seems to happen every time with varying being the only exception I can think of.