Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Florist post match welcome back LEICESTER!

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Mate this is exactly the reason why we had been in a downward spiral the last 24 months. I need not refer to the countless examples we have seen where we tried to be conservative and ended up choking.

We just played a very poor Forest team. 

You need to look at this one game and see what it was, it was an improvement. If it continues, fine, great, magic. The reason we have been shite for 2 years is because we have not been focused, not been able to win matches, looked shite. I have no interest in previous matches when evaluating this match, I am looking for sign of positive movement. This gave that hope,  but it was one game, against some proper toilet. It was an improvement, but no more. There is not point running this game down, it’s false.

• Like 4

Key difference for me today was tempo, and taking a few more risks. Yes F*rest were shite, but you still need to be playing with your head up and trying to play incisive balls in the final third. We were doing that from the get go. 

It's one game and there were signs of the defensive frailties where we got away with it a bit. But that's a problem for another day. 

Pros. Wout and Maddison looked on it. Vardy's replacement is here and ready.

Cons. One of the worst teams I have ever seen us play created 3 very good chances and a more ruthless team would have taken at least a couple of them. Seniorman didn't get any birthday minutes.

Plenty will be blinded by that. by all means we should enjoy the result but don't get carried away.

I didn't see anything there other than our talented players taking advantage of a team with no shape, confidence or understanding.

Ideally we go and take advantage of another poor team in Bournemouth and get some points on the table before we have a tough game against Palace.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

Yep - don’t want to get too far ahead of myself. The previous 7 games have’t magically been forgotten. 

We live for now and the next challenges,this is football ,for tomorrow we may die..

History is for EOS...

16 minutes ago, Dames said:

Yep - don’t want to get too far ahead of myself. The previous 7 games have’t magically been forgotten. 

We live for now and the next challenges,this is football ,for tomorrow we may die..

History is for EOS...

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Pros. Wout and Maddison looked on it. Vardy's replacement is here and ready.

Cons. One of the worst teams I have ever seen us play created 3 very good chances and a more ruthless team would have taken at least a couple of them. Seniorman didn't get any birthday minutes.

Plenty will be blinded by that. by all means we should enjoy the result but don't get carried away.

I didn't see anything there other than our talented players taking advantage of a team with no shape, confidence or understanding.

Ideally we go and take advantage of another poor team in Bournemouth and get some points on the table before we have a tough game against Palace.

Spot on

Fantastic result! Excellent performance. Some impressive goals and a clean sheet. And, the icing on the cake, it was against Forest! But... we mustn't get carried away. Forest were dreadful and will surely go down. Now we have to back tonight's result up with a win at Bournemouth. Avoiding relegation will still be a struggle, particularly with Rodgers still at the helm, but our upcoming fixtures give us a real chance to climb out of trouble before the World Cup. Clearly survival is our first priority but then, in the summer, our squad will need a big overhaul. For me, Rodgers can't be trusted with that task. The deadwood, including Rodgers, will need to be removed, players frozen out by Rodgers given a chance and the players being brought in should not be more square pegs, however talented. As far as the January window is concerned, if Iverson is not going to be given a chance, Ward must be replaced by a new keeper. This is a priority. The other main priority will be to secure the services of Maddison long term. Build the 'new' team around him. He should also be our next captain. The guy is critical to our survival and future success. Without him tonight, even against a very poor Forest side, the result would not have been the foregone conclusion it ended up being.

• Like 3