Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Florist post match welcome back LEICESTER!

Always thought a creative person could come up with a great chant using this - 

The Trees stumped, got thumped

Fan zones in their homes

Relegation situation

But, all they want to say is that they don't really care about us

Sure some of you guys could improve on it, but you get the idea!

A much needed performance and win.

I'm still at a loss to understand what we need to do to tighten the defence up. We're still way too easy to play through with very basic football. If Forest had scored, instead of hitting the post, it might have played out differently. 

Great win and we should enjoy it, but the key really will be how we stop teams creating chances against us. We're miles better than Forest (who were awful) and a few other teams in the league, but if you give them 2 or 3 very good chances every game we won't survive. Tighten up and we stay up easily, but Bournemouth will be the first indication of whether this is just a false dawn. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

It was only forest so I don’t want to get carried away but it feels like a turning point? I think. I hope. We looked a lot more solid. Not that we could have been any worse than the last two games. We’ve never been worried about our ability to score. Great performance. 

Forest are in big trouble. 

...you wonder if Cooper gets the boot, he could claim constructive dismissal!!!

The club has forced him into trying to turning 22 players into a coherent team and having spent so much time to have developed his team in the Championship,  only to have all that work taken away in a mad summer spending spree. Any new manager they choose to bring in down the line, is going to have the same problem. 

Looks like Rodgers did get the refresh after all, the new coach on his staff seems  to have re-energised the whole squad, or the players were seeking revenge.

Shame we can’t play Forest every week. What a rabble. Not fit for Premier League purpose.

As for us… Masterclass from Maddison, wonderful result, great goals from Barnes and Daka, cracking atmosphere and good overall performance - though I didn’t like the way sloppiness crept in during the second half when, presumably under Rodgers’ instruction, we eased off thinking the game was won. A better team than Forest would surely have punished us.

Still, step one on the road to redemption successfully completed. Now for step two at Bournemouth…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Great game, a few individual silly mistakes aside that was the Leicester of old. Ward deserved his clean sheet with a couple of decent stops. The only player I thought wasn’t really in it was Vards. Daka to start on Saturday surely. The only criticism I’d level at Rodgers, was bringing Madders off when on a hatrick. 

Maddison was on a yellow card so it was the right call 

Aside from the joy / relief of putting that red filth away, we looked less shambolic of late. There was coherence. 

However, it's frighteningly easy  for an opponent to run at us. We seem to.part like the red sea in panic. 

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight. Great atmosphere. Tremendous tifo....but not convinced we've turned a corner yet. We always seem to make heavy weather of it at Bournemouth. I'd grab your hand off for a hard earned point right now just to try and stabilise a bit. 

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

A great result. The best night at the KP for a while.

The atmosphere was top notch, whole crowd up for it for a large part of the game. Yeah it went flat for 15 minutes in the second half, but brilliant. I know they get some stick but the Tifo was brilliant. Proper wind up merchants to the Forest fans also. Class.

Thought Castagne was outstanding tonight. So positive going forward. BR made the right decisions for the first time ever for his subs. Only weak link first half was an unfit Ndidi. 

Maddison is different class. Daka looked good when he came on also. Wout Faes had a great debut too, looks a steal. Barnes also needed that goal, and phwoar what a rocket. 

I’d still change Ward in goal. Few dodgy moments still.

There’s talks they are on about sacking Steve Cooper after that. It’d be incredibly harsh, but I think you saw tonight the problem with bringing in too many players for forest. Thought they were very poor. Even Henderson had a very shaky night. 

We were good but only difference vs defeats was standard of opposition. 2 one on ones and a free header vs a team who looked like theyd been introduced this morning.

Faes looks class on the ball but needs protection. Certainly no better than soyuncu. Soumare maybe on a par with ndidi currently. 

Maddison the answee out right for now.

Justin not a left back

Daka first 60. Then Vardy.

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Aside from the joy / relief of putting that red filth away, we looked less shambolic of late. There was coherence. 

However, it's frighteningly easy  for an opponent to run at us. We seem to.part like the red sea in panic. 

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight. Great atmosphere. Tremendous tifo....but not convinced we've turned a corner yet. We always seem to make heavy weather of it at Bournemouth. I'd grab your hand off for a hard earned point right now just to try and stabilise a bit. 

Yep - this was my take away from tonight. Great win and some good football, but if we don't solve that middle bit it's going to be a long, hard, season.