Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Florist post match welcome back LEICESTER!

Still a bit sloppy, but a real step change in terms of performance - we attacked as a team, got the ball forward quickly from the back. Lots more progressive play, lots more forward passing, rather than knocking it straight back and forth across the defence or the mirror.

I think Faes has restored a bit of confidence and is leading by example - he's happy to drive forward out of defence with the ball, and start our attacking movement, which is something I think we've definitely been missing. Good from set pieces as well today, though we weren't tested much, and a fairly good game from Ward as well - the clean sheet was just as important as the goals scored for me. 

I still don't think Rodgers is the right man long term, but it seems he'll be staying for the foreseeable, so it's important we go on a run now. The next few fixtures - barring Man City  - are all winnable if we play more like we did today. We should be looking to go into the WC break out of the relegation zone and looking fairly comfortable in lower-to-mid table.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, damolcfc said:

Can't wait to get home and wake my boy up, ask him about Lingz.

Little bastard, this will teach him to take grandads team.

Honestly,  since Christmas last year he said he has found it hard to decide.... which team to follow...

Dickhead 😆😆

IMG-20221003-WA0015.jpg

Drop him off at grandads and say goodbye lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Slaughtering teams in the first half and being conservative in the 2nd is fine by me.

Fine if we slaughter them. Go conservative at 4-0 if we must (though what we get from that I don’t know). But we’ve lost games repeatedly from going conservative at 1-0 and 2-0, first day this season we drew from 3-0.

The problem isn’t necessarily that we go conservative (though I think it doesn’t work without real threats on the counter, and a plan to use them), but more that when we play “conservative” football, we get more vulnerable. So please Brendan, you ****ing moron, stop it!

(Also yay for the first of a six-match winning sequence…)

1 minute ago, damolcfc said:

Lower to mid table!!! I'm chasing Tottenham now 😉😉

My son rocked his city top to school today (no uniforms in public school over here). Picked him up 10 minutes into the match smiling and then got back for the goals. Mine have been city since they were little sperm.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

My son rocked his city top to school today (no uniforms in public school over here). Picked him up 10 minutes into the match smiling and then got back for the goals. Mine have been city since they were little sperm.

He has always been Leicester... then Christmas grandad bought him forist shirt... cnut.  Then my wife decided oh forist are doing OK, then they beat us... then we just looked a bit rubbish. 

But anyway... they are both sleeping soundly......

Alarms set 4 am instead of 7 😆😆😆😆😆😆 4:00

Edited by damolcfc
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, MattFox said:

Rodgers straight down the tunnel 

Noticed that from the stands, and glad too.

Said it before the game and will continue to say it - I'm backing the lads out there on the pitch. They gave us that tonight, because I think they finally 'get' that this one means more, especially those who were privy to our collapse in the cup last season and the 100% deserved ire it brought them.

Having Rodgers out there taking the plaudits would have put a dampener on it all to be honest. Doesn't change my opinion on him one bit. I still want him out of here. But tonight meant more, and fair play to him for being self-aware enough to let them have that moment with us themselves.

• Like 2

Ace. They've got it in them as I suspected. I'm glad that amidst all of our struggles them lot are obviously worse. They're a banker to drop.

Maddison really has become exceptional. His form in the past year is hitting borderline Mahrez level for us.

• Like 1

Smashing result, to an extent buries our loss down the river earlier in the year. All of course is not forgiven with what has happened this season, with what Rodgers has remarked previously but after months of suffering we have a pesky, snotty shrub smashed back into the soil.

Feared for us when the team was announced; Castagne on his own looking after the right side, Vardy isolated, inevitable defensive errors ... Ward but we put in a proper performance. Maddison is now consistently a stellar quality player, even while we've been shight he's shone, touch wood stays clear of injuries and the rest of our players can consistently get themselves near the level he's setting - we'll certainly lose him in the summer. He's grafted for us this last year, his hairline is starting to suffer lol so thanks.

On Forest, you can see what they were up to when they bought in dozens of players. The ownership has big ambitions, while they have a good manager he lacks the experience and prestige they crave at this level; they've gone over his head in the transfer market knowing full well it'll cause disjointed performance levels, now his job is in critical danger. Wouldnt surprise me if he's gone by Wednesday, with a new man lined up for the next game. It's serious money they've thrown at this, but as we've seen in previous attempts at QPR, Cardiff and to a different extents Fulham & Watford; you can't just throw money at big names and build a club on weak foundations, this League is serious and you won't get anywhere on money alone, unless you're owned by a Gulf oil state of course.

• Like 1

Great performance last night and getting 4 is always fantastic . Good attacking link ups from the team but Forest are bottom of the league now and they flattered us really.
Still a long way to go and need to get out of the bottom 3 before anything changes for me about BR.

Well that's shut me up.

Clearly the better team but Forest were so so poor.

We got lucky with forest hitting the post and the deflection for Maddisons first.

Still, nice to put a garbage opponent away and fingers crossed this is the spring board.

(although I don't think it will be:surrender:)

• Like 2

You can only beat what’s in front of you and whilst Forest were poor, we looked a bit more like our old selves again. Although I would have liked us to have been more ruthless in the 2nd half of kind of felt we played well within ourselves when we could have really gone at them and smashed them for 5 or 6. 

I hate Forest but I do feel for Cooper, who has gone in and done an unbelievable job got them promoted when it looked more likely they were going down, to then see the squad dismantled and a basically a load of players brought in with nothing more in mind than putting themselves in the shop window for next season, the strategy is honking and has basically destroyed the positivity and morale from promotion. 

Reckon he will be sacked today and will be snapped up a championship side or possibly even Bournemouth, where if supported will show what a decent manager/coach he can be .

• Like 4

Desperately needed win. 

Notable improvements, the pace of the game we maintained a great tempo in the first half, that Florest simply couldn’t handle. It also meant we had momentum, which always helps our game. 

Set plays. Defensively we can’t really say as Forest we’re so poor, but in an attacking sense the set plays we’re so much better, the movement was clever and we actually look a threat. 

Areas to work on but it’s just what we needed. This can’t be a one off, this has to be the platform to build on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Well that's shut me up.

Clearly the better team but Forest were so so poor.

We got lucky with forest hitting the post and the deflection for Maddisons first.

Still, nice to put a garbage opponent away and fingers crossed this is the spring board.

(although I don't think it will be:surrender:)

And unlucky that Vardy &KDH missed,in

the first 15mins, 2 guilded chances each...

3-5 posters ,So

Fk off with this lucky bit...!!

Yep, good to see. Way more positive intent. Loads of energy in a high press. Nullified a negligible opposition. We didn't need to defend. Front foot stuff, some lovely attacking play and good goals. Let's see what the future brings though, Forest were dire.

Great feeling today though, all around the club too I'd imagine. That in itself is worthwhile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LestaAl said:

Great performance last night and getting 4 is always fantastic . Good attacking link ups from the team but Forest are bottom of the league now and they flattered us really.
Still a long way to go and need to get out of the bottom 3 before anything changes for me about BR.

Whether they were rubbish or not...

They still had to be beat,and we had to put the ball in the Net....

Before hand 95% of this forum didn't

believe we were up to it..!!

So I I poop on all those who keep posting...their yeh..buts!!!

This is the PL even the struggling sides,will have their moments...

And Forest can still come good..

• Like 2