Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

B’mouth v Leicester post match - pathetic again

8 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

It's a collective. Players get away scot free when they have been woeful and yet only one man gets blamed. I think Rodgers should go but come on, the players need to have a long hard look at themselves. 

Yes of course they do. I’ve not said they don’t. I’m merely stating, Rodgers is to blame as much of, no in fact more, than anyone else. Of course the players are too. But as the manager he has to take it,  the final responsibility. Im always one to defend managers and players, can’t remember ever calling for a managers head but he does need to go. I don’t even think he’s a terrible manager he’s just done here, he’s checked out. A change will be best for all parties. 

• Like 3

Just now, Kierzz said:

Has Rodgers explained in any interview why he subbed Castagne for Amartey?!!

It completely destabilised the defence and we concede two goals in the next five minutes...

On radio Leicester he said his eye swelled up but then spoke bout how he felt Amartey’s physical presence was needed.

I think he knows he fvcked up so making some BS about a scratch on Castanges face.

• Like 1

Yes, individual players make mistakes. Of course they do. It's not like we have a monopoly on such players though,  our recruiting them don't search them out specifically, it's not a requirement. Other teams have players that can make mistakes. So why does it seem that only ours make mistakes that cost us games, week in week out? What is it about the training, the environment, the tactics that makes our players prone to it? 

It all comes from the manager.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Regardless of whether Rodgers wanted 6 new faces or not our first team is more than good enough to be midtable. 

The football has become stale under Brendan. Not enough players are willing to take risks when they're in possession. 

All of this sideways...backwards nonsense is painful to watch. 

Is it though? The defending is pathetic, a lot is Rodgers fault, but the players are seemingly getting of lightly

We are so easy to attack from basic over the top balls or balls down the channel and it’s because of the way BR sets his team up. His tactics have been woeful for a long time. He absolutely is the problem but the players still need to do better but it looks like even they feel it’s not working.

4 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Is it though? The defending is pathetic, a lot is Rodgers fault, but the players are seemingly getting of lightly

We are 100% more than capable of being a midtable side.

i agree it's pathetic but is that then not down to Rodgers to change who starts? Amartey has been at fault countless times this season yet Soyuncu never gets a sniff or Vestergaard for that matter.

Surely when we are making mistake after mistake week in week out he should then let someone on the bench have the chance to prove themselves? Then it is up to the player who comes in to take that opportunity. 

Regardless of how players perform the majority know their position in the starting 11 is safe and that's not healthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kierzz said:

Has Rodgers explained in any interview why he subbed Castagne for Amartey?!!

It completely destabilised the defence and we concede two goals in the next five minutes...

In fairness neither of the goals had anything to do with change. They both came from Bournemouths right side.

There's other reasons why we lost today.

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

On radio Leicester he said his eye swelled up but then spoke bout how he felt Amartey’s physical presence was needed.

I think he knows he fvcked up so making some BS about a scratch on Castanges face.

Catagne was still doing better than amartey's even capable of In my opinion

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Justin, KDH & Barnes were pony today, not a great day for Faes either and Ward needs dropping.

JJ has been poor for ages, and Barnes is good one game in five, KDH and Faes  are allowed a poor game for me and Ward is simply not near good enough.

Edited by J. James
  • Like 1

I can see dreadful Forest getting something from the Villa game now, and back to the bottom we go.

I really can't see much from the Leeds game and definitely nothing from Palace or Wolves.

Then its downhill from there!  ☹️☹️

Edited by J. James

4 hours ago, BigMicky said:

That's not true. We were poor for the entire second half. 

Amartey wasn't at fault for either of the goals. 

I don't think he was - I just question the switch to a back 3 when the game was finely poised.

Castagne was injured - why not switch JJ, keep the 4 and bring Thomas on?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Totally. Looked out of shape from 30 mins onboards across the board. Midfield were blowing heavy 

I’ve noticed this too. This season we’ve not looked fit at all compared to the opposition.

Fitness is a no excuses requirement. 

43 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

One thing stood out for me today, we're simply not fit enough. We should change the fitness coach. 

Which makes the fact we spent 100 million on that Fooking training ground both infuriating and laughable when you see the garbage rolled out from there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Justin, KDH & Barnes were pony today, not a great day for Faes either and Ward needs dropping.

Yep it was clear as daylight, did Barnes even play today? First half he was invisible 

Justin was just as bad as Barnes tbh not his best game and I do rate him

Right so what we will do is take off Castange and get Dan Amartey on..

Clueless

Edited by whoareyaaa

I went to my first match in 1969 and in all the time since, I have never felt such ambivalence towards our games than I do now.

When we score, I don't get excited, when we concede, its just a case of shoulder shrugging.

I honestly do not expect us to get anything from the games we play in.

There is just a tedious inevitability that things will go pear shaped......and they do.

I want these feelings gone.

• Like 3