Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

B’mouth v Leicester post match - pathetic again

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

To answer "who can we get in that's any better" I point you to the opposition earlier, managed by Gary O'Neil, totally inexperienced, simply has raised them by making them a bit tougher to break down, got them totally outworking us. Don't underestimate the strength of binning the poisonous influence.

Literally anybody is better than Rodgers. He's an utter disgrace. Deserves nothing but abuse every game the utter ****.

We won 5 on the trot with Craig Shakespeare.  No, that's not what I'm saying. But Christ stop it now. 

36 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

We won 5 on the trot with Craig Shakespeare.  No, that's not what I'm saying. But Christ stop it now. 

In the situation we're in, with the blatant breakdown between Rodgers and the club/players I firmly believe we'd get more points this season under Mike Stowell than Rodgers. Getting Rodgers out is the priority. If we have to bide our time somewhat with an interim while we line up the replacement so be it (although if we had anything about us we'd have been long sounding managers out as even Stevie Wonder can see that it's coming to an end).

What a shame that the club didn't terminate this before it went seriously toxic. Always grateful they didn't let Ranieri take us down. We're definitely not what we were.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Their goal was always coming in the second half, and once they scored the second was obvious.

It's the inevitability that's doing me in. The hope against hope, demoralising and sapping.

And maybe the players feel that too. Perhaps they are so worn and weary, trying to 'get it right' for the gaffa, fearing failure and reprisal, instinct coached out of them and not now knowing what to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know things must be bad when after about 83 minutes yesterday my youngest got up calmly and just left the room in frustration at our sheer ineptitude at trying to get back into the game. This is a boy who is football mad and he is now saying that he's losing interest completely - doesn't watch other games like he used to and I've never known him not watch to the end of our games previously, even when we're being battered.

I know entirely how he feels, though. Rodgers, and to some extent the players, have drained  every last ounce of enjoyment and pleasure from being a City fan. The second half yesterday was truly appalling in every respect - awful defending, ponderous build up and passing, a lack of apparent effort, crazy substitutions, confusing tactics, all of which led to what is essentially a well motivated Championship side outplaying us and winning at a canter in the end. And worst of all, most of us now we are so numb to and accepting of this kind of dross that it doesn't even make us angry any more. As fans we've just given up.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

my youngest got up calmly and just left the room in frustration at our sheer ineptitude at trying to get back into the game. This is a boy who is football mad and he is now saying that he's losing interest completely 

That is sad, and a real indication of what is happening to our club. I'd love for Top to realise this, to appreciate the depth to which this malaise runs.

13 hours ago, jmono84 said:

On radio Leicester he said his eye swelled up but then spoke bout how he felt Amartey’s physical presence was needed.

I think he knows he fvcked up so making some BS about a scratch on Castanges face.

...from Castagne's reaction, whatever the problem that Rodgers had perceived,  it was insignificant as far as Castagne was concerned!!!

How he was coming off when  JJ was having such a shocking game was beyond belief. As soon as you saw Amartey on the touchline,  you felt as if this was going to be a move that would disrupt the whole team.

You really start to believe that Rodgers is trying to make a point, that he has insufficient resources, in order for him to be effective, and it is not directed to the Board, but to the media and potential employers.

• Like 3

I don't know whether I've got Brendan bashing fatigue but I woke up pretty hacked off at the players this morning.  I've become so used to Rodgers utter tactical ineptitude that it's hard to get worked up by it now.  

However, just how many goals have we conceded this season due to horrible mistakes from individual players? KDH, Faes, Ndidi, Tielemans, Castagne, Justin, Ward and so on.   

Of course many of these have a root cause in the style we play and the general malaise we find ourselves in.  However, I'm still furious that players at this level are making so many basic mistakes.  Pull your fvxking socks up and, until someone finally pulls the trigger on this clown and sacks him, at the very least have some pride in your own performance.  It's the least we fans deserve.   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Justin, KDH & Barnes were pony today, not a great day for Faes either and Ward needs dropping.

...it was always going to be a matter if time when our poor play seeps into the new player!!!

Faes had a good game, one lapse cost us a goal but he had a solid game all round.  JJ had a nightmare, and KDH and Barnes need to be playing at a high tempo for them to be effective. 

As usual our levels dropped at 65 minutes and this comes down to poor conditioning,  it happens too often for it to be anything else.

The Forest game was this team playing on the front foot, Rodgers knows how to introduce fear and indecision in this team, he brings his subs on.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jmono84 said:

On radio Leicester he said his eye swelled up but then spoke bout how he felt Amartey’s physical presence was needed.

I think he knows he fvcked up so making some BS about a scratch on Castanges face.

He seems to be turning on Castagne now too .....

His treatment of some players has now gone beyond bizarre but its actually disturbing 

• Like 4

We need to score 3 goals for us to have a chance of getting a result. Fundamentally, we’re physically and mentally weak in defence. 
The gaps that appear in midfield, combined with sloppiness and a lack of desire, which make it so easy for teams to hit us on the break or just float a cross in for danger to happen, is an absolute joke. 

KDH wasn’t at it yesterday. His casual efforts led to both their goals.
The result’s not his fault. But it’s key moments like this that keep happing all over the pitch. 

We’ll look good in the Championship, though. 

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

To answer "who can we get in that's any better" I point you to the opposition earlier, managed by Gary O'Neil, totally inexperienced, simply has raised them by making them a bit tougher to break down, got them totally outworking us. Don't underestimate the strength of binning the poisonous influence.

Literally anybody is better than Rodgers. He's an utter disgrace. Deserves nothing but abuse every game the utter ****.

The minute Parker undermined the squad and criticised the owners he was gone. We failed to replicate it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, taupe said:

And maybe the players feel that too. Perhaps they are so worn and weary, trying to 'get it right' for the gaffa, fearing failure and reprisal, instinct coached out of them and not now knowing what to do.

:appl:

You've encapsulated the very essence of the current dynamic between Rodgers and the squad and the concomitant malaise afflicting the players. 

Finding players who haven't had independent thinking and action drummed out of them over years of repetitive training and disciplining is problematic. Players who question manager's decisions can be seen as troublemakers and get treated accordingly.

I suspect Castagne is seen in this light, but is so valuable to the team that his place is secure, but he's consistently been substituted at critical points in games. The vulnerability of his cheek fracture has been cited as reason for taking him off - so why is he not wearing a face guard from the off?

The dysfunction will continue until Rodgers goes and the disenchanted players move on.

Regrettably, football seems to attract egotistical men to managership. Discipline is necessary, yet not for its own sake or for the boss's ego. The team is the most important factor in any club. Unfortunately, Rodgers seems to have forgotten that. 

• Like 2

Just watched the highlights on MOTD, wow... what awful defending for those two goals!!! Littered with mistakes all over the place. You'd be disappointed to see that level of defending at under 7s let alone PL level. 

I've always been very complimentary of KDH and his work rate/desire, but looking at his body language when he missed controlled that ball for their first, it's terrible. Genuinely looks like he's checked out and has no interest in the game and that's at 0-1.

What was JJ thinking as well?!? Completely caught in no man's land and his attempt to track back makes Tielemans look like Usain Bolt. 

Faes obviously should have done better but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this occasion and put it down to a case of 'Welcome to the Premier League'. He'll need to learn from this but assuming he does I'll accept his actions on this particular occasion as the others ahead of him should have done much better. 

As for the second goal, Evans position is prime 'West Brom Evans'. I expect much better from such an experienced player, which makes me wonder are his actions down to instructions/coaching as a mistake like that is schoolboy stuff. What worries me is that Evans should be the one organising and pulling the strings in the back line but we haven't seen that from him for a very long time which makes me wonder who is actually organising the defensive line in play?!? 

Whilst it is fair to expect the player's to shoulder a degree of responsibility in the current situation I think it's glaringly obvious that Rodgers is the one to blame as regardless of the personnel in defence nothing ever seems to change and yet again we've conceded a minimum of 2 goals. I appreciate that some of the defensive players at his disposal aren't top 6 players but all of the defenders in the squad are steady mid table players and that includes Vestergaard. 

The issue is systematic, he clearly isn't capable of setting up a team who are well drilled and disciplined defensively nor can he set the midfield up to provide any cover. He needs to go as we're seriously at risk of getting relegated. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...from Castagne's reaction, whatever the problem that Rodgers had perceived,  it was insignificant as far as Castagne was concerned!!!

How he was coming off when  JJ was having such a shocking game was beyond belief. As soon as you saw Amartey on the touchline,  you felt as if this was going to be a move that would disrupt the whole team.

You really start to believe that Rodgers is trying to make a point, that he has insufficient resources, in order for him to be effective, and it is not directed to the Board, but to the media and potential employers.

I pointed out elsewhere that Castagne should be wearing a face guard if he has a weakness at the site of the fracture. If it's an internal reaction then he should be rested and treated.

As for bringing on Amartey as his sub - a defensive central defender for an attacking wing back when we're ahead?! Why not put Thomas on the left and move Justin to the right. At least that would maintain the idea of forward momentum.

It's not resources Rodgers needs - he has talent available in abundance. He's been found out by his inability to maintain team spirit and by his tactics. If he's deliberately making decisions that are consistently leading to losses because he's miffed by 'the Board' then he's sabotaging the club. Those who aren't making the decision to sack him are also complicit in this sabotage.

Last evening I watched Manchester City on MotD - I couldn't bring myself to watch City. That's the first time ever. Rodgers actions are even sucking the devotion out of fans.

We’ve been terrible at winning away in the league for so long. 
Apart from beating relegated Watford towards the end of last season, our last away win in the league was against Burnley on the 1st March…and they also got relegated. 

Tells you everything. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

This is exactly it. They are treating it like a 5 star luxury hotel. There's no excuse for the pathetic effort put in by many today.

You can have the best eleven in the world but if they are not fit enough they won't win games at this level.

It's time to call the players out and work them hard with previlages taken away until things improve. 

...if the training is so poor then it comes back to one person!!!

You saw what can be produced on Monday night, you get the players up for the game and you get a performance. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

We’ve been terrible at winning away in the league for so long. 
Apart from beating relegated Watford towards the end of last season, our last away win in the league was against Burnley on the 1st March…and they also got relegated. 

Tells you everything. 

Fascinating stat, which made me think “when was the last time we beat a non relegated side away”? ….

Seems to be 24th October 2021 v Brentford.

How is he still in a job? Something is badly going wrong at the club.

• Like 1