Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

B’mouth v Leicester post match - pathetic again

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...from Castagne's reaction, whatever the problem that Rodgers had perceived,  it was insignificant as far as Castagne was concerned!!!

How he was coming off when  JJ was having such a shocking game was beyond belief. As soon as you saw Amartey on the touchline,  you felt as if this was going to be a move that would disrupt the whole team.

You really start to believe that Rodgers is trying to make a point, that he has insufficient resources, in order for him to be effective, and it is not directed to the Board, but to the media and potential employers.

You could see from the second goal in particular that the change with Amartey coming on had played havoc with who was meant to be where in the back line, Evans drifting out of the centre position, Faes half ball watching, JJ right on Faes’ toes, our shape was all over the place and Rodgers has to take a level of blame for changing it up and disrupting the backline.

Amartey has been a car crash this season, why he felt it necessary to bring him on is truly mind boggling. We’re playing one game a week now, Bodgers doesn’t need to be dragging players after an hour unless they’re having a howler.

• Like 1

Didn't see any of the game yesterday, but no surprise with the capitulation.

I'd agree with some of the people suggesting the players are demoralised and do want him gone, I think you can explain the Forest game players felt we owed them that for last season plus they knew that was the game fans would be pumped for an not the time to go through the motions. But now thats out the way back to 'ticking over' until the board act or we get relegated and they move on to other clubs. 

I'd also rather have Stowell for if inexplicably we don't have a replacement sounded out, even until the end of the season as mad as that is given we're a quarter of the way through.  

If we can't afford to bin him, that's shameful. 

12 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

I watched the goals back, we got done on 2 simple counter attacks. Most of our team were up the pitch and just got done for pace

Faes got out run by their player. He's not upto speed yet in the premier League.

He got there first mate but messed up big time.

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if the training is so poor then it comes back to one person!!!

You saw what can be produced on Monday night, you get the players up for the game and you get a performance. 

While that's true, We looked very unfit and that's not acceptable, especially with the facilities we have.

We looked like we're at a preseason level of fitness when there's 8 games gone by. And that's down to the manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

I don't know whether I've got Brendan bashing fatigue but I woke up pretty hacked off at the players this morning.  I've become so used to Rodgers utter tactical ineptitude that it's hard to get worked up by it now.  

However, just how many goals have we conceded this season due to horrible mistakes from individual players? KDH, Faes, Ndidi, Tielemans, Castagne, Justin, Ward and so on.   

Of course many of these have a root cause in the style we play and the general malaise we find ourselves in.  However, I'm still furious that players at this level are making so many basic mistakes.  Pull your fvxking socks up and, until someone finally pulls the trigger on this clown and sacks him, at the very least have some pride in your own performance.  It's the least we fans deserve.   

...you will find that in every game, players make mistakes and the Forest game would have had just as many!!!

The difference is when your playing  at a high tempo with a purpose, each player looks to cover each other, a missed tackle here and there and someone sweeps round to bail you out. It is a mentality thing,  you know you are all in this together. 

If the tempo then switches to slow ponderous play, where defenders are in position and your forwards and midfield gives you little movement,  then any under hit pass is going to be magnified and seized upon, by the opposition breaking on you, while most of your team is deployed in the opponents half, struggling to get back to give cover.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

While that's true, We looked very unfit and that's not acceptable, especially with the facilities we have.

We looked like we're at a preseason level of fitness when there's 8 games gone by. And that's down to the manager.

..absolutely,  and he has spoken enough times on how his team's are stronger at the end of seasons!!!

We are poorly conditioned, upto 65 minutes and our levels dropped off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..absolutely,  and he has spoken enough times on how his team's are stronger at the end of seasons!!!

Exactly, I get the impression we might be going on statistics when we should be conditioning each player differently.

Some players need more training than others that's just a fact of life.

I was really impressed by how lean and strong Bournemouth looked yesterday. We simply couldn't match them for effort and they ground us down.

We need to get back to basics when things are not going right.

Edited by Clever Fox
missing word
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Which is an outright lie

We’ve been awful towards the end of every season under Rodgers

• Like 2

17 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Day at the beach was good. Footy not so much.

To the Leicester fan that was shouting at the Bournemouth player, calling him a willy puller and acting like they were gonna jump the barrier. Please piss off and support another team. Don’t need morons like that.

Have you never been to an away game? That's literally 80% of our following. The other 20% sit down and clap when we score.

Just watched Match Of the Day back. 

First goal, Soumare is next to Billing when they take the throw in. By the time Billing scores, Soumare isn’t even in shot. If you watch it back, it’s 6 v 2. The 2 score!!! 

The 2nd goal is a joke. KDH / Barnes watch Christie run into the box. Justin doesn’t down the initial shot. Billing is allowed ages to turn by ClAmartey and Tielemans. 

It’s a mess. 

Edited by Sly

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

You could see from the second goal in particular that the change with Amartey coming on had played havoc with who was meant to be where in the back line, Evans drifting out of the centre position, Faes half ball watching, JJ right on Faes’ toes, our shape was all over the place and Rodgers has to take a level of blame for changing it up and disrupting the backline.

Amartey has been a car crash this season, why he felt it necessary to bring him on is truly mind boggling. We’re playing one game a week now, Bodgers doesn’t need to be dragging players after an hour unless they’re having a howler.

Amartey is never the answer sorry to say. Just not good enough

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

Just watched Match Of the Day back. 

First goal, Soumare is next to Billing when they take the throw in. By the time Billing scores, Soumare isn’t even in shot. If you watch it back, it’s 6 v 2. The 2 score!!! 

The 2nd goal is a joke. KDH / Barnes watch Christie run into the box. Justin doesn’t down the initial shot. Billing is allowed ages to turn by ClAmartey and Tielemans. 

It’s a mess. 

Fair play for putting yourself through it a second time. I never watched MoTD unless we've got a decent result so it's been literally months since I watched it (bearing mind the Forest game was on a Monday). What did the pundits say about our plight and Rodgers' ineptitude?

7 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Amartey is never the answer sorry to say. Just not good enough

...I  am not a let's rubbish Amartey fan, but Rodgers always goes to a negative plan, when just bringing attention to picking up a particular player or just make sure the cross does not come into the box instructions, would have handled the situation!!!

He goes to this outdated method again and again, it doesn't work, you would have witnessed it in his fist game with us, we lost a game where we had no right to, basically by him disrupting our backline.

There are still people out there who want to give him more time, Khun Top is the only one that matters.

• Like 2

Right now, we have no leaders on or off the pitch.

Let's start with the players. They are paid a fortune to play for our club yet just about every game they capitulate as soon as they are put under pressure. They are simply spineless and overpaid. At this moment very few of them are fit to wear the shirt. There's no pride, no fight and no quality. Any side only has to up their levels a little bit and we simply roll over and collapse. We got lucky against Forest. if they had scored and not hit the post we would almost certainly have folded then as well. They are absolutely pathetic.

The manager and his team are also unable to organise the side, motivate them, inspire them or lead them. They should have been relieved of their duties yesterday evening after yet another pathetic, lackluster and frankly directionless performance. The Forest game was an outlier. A one-off fluke.

The Board currently seem to be too scared to act. Mismanagement all the way through the club is leading us to relegation. The change should have been made ages ago but now is absolutely necessary. the fact they are doing anything makes them as culpable for our current predicament as the manager and the players. 

Totally pathetic from the top to the bottom of the club right now. 

• Like 4

Would love to know who trains our collective of muppetts.  As a young school kid you get taught when playing the game to stop the cross coming into your box.  Our collection, stand back and not only allow the cross to come in, but do nothing to try and prevent it.

Our whole defence is woeful this season.  Castagne yesterday the best of a bad lot, defensively his reward by Bodgers take him off and bring on Armatey, wtf?  Evans, Justin and Faes yesterday all very poor.

God knows what Bodgers said to them at halftime yesterday god only knows we came out played poorly.  So many players off it yesterday. KDH, Tielemans poor.  Maddison on the right really?

Daka playing ok subbed off.

Vardy well past his best I am afraid.

Sign of a madman is to keep doing something believing it will come right.........to continue to not change is either arrogant or stupid. 

Bodgers has to go now, his methodolgy is not working a change is needed.  Top has to act.

Our squad is good enough for a mid table finish.  Yet we are getting stranded in the relegation places, why?

Building an extension to the stadium would be the biggest disaster this club ever did.  We havent got a pot to pee in on the team yet we can extend the stadium?  Madness personified.  We will be lucky to have 15,000 next season in the Championship, Board must act but I am beginning to think the Board must go.

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Fair play for putting yourself through it a second time. I never watched MoTD unless we've got a decent result so it's been literally months since I watched it (bearing mind the Forest game was on a Monday). What did the pundits say about our plight and Rodgers' ineptitude?

Not a lot, other than we need to sort ourselves out. 

IF the reason for Castagne coming off really was because he'd got a bump to his face in the first half and the manager was bothered about his previous injury there, should he not have taken him off then?

Either way, he opted for Armarty and eventually sort of a 3 at the back (always a winner) with eventually Barnes and Perez as wing backs 🤣🤣. Could he not have just taken Castagne off, move JJ onto the right where he's arguably better anyway and bring Thomas on on the left?

If Daka was knackered, by all means bring Vardy on (earlier), but as Barnes wasn't playing well, take him off and bring Iheanacho on as well. They've complimented each other before successfully and it would have given Bournemouth something totally different to think about. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly Brendan isn’t going anywhere soon. If he was he’d have been out after the debacles at Brighton and Spurs.

Whilst Monday night gave me a brief grin, the result didn’t hide the fact that a very poor Forest side could have and should have scored at least 3 goals. 
Onto Bournemouth who for me are becoming our new bogey team. That wasn’t the reason we lost though. I just cannot bear Brendan’s logic with sticking with Ward and calling upon Amartey once again. We can all clearly see that these 2 players are simply not good enough. The problem is that Brendan’s arrogance will not allow him to agree with us. He’d rather keep using them and see them make the same mistakes instead of admitting he’s been wrong. Same goes with Cags. He won’t get a chance even if he crapped a pile of shiny diamonds onto Brendan’s cornflakes. Again he can’t admit that he might have been wrong to drop him. 
I fear that a mix of manager arrogance and owner inexperience will see us in a very bad place come next May. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Bournemouth with higher standards than us. I really dread to think where we'll be in a few years.

I'm half thinking a reset is badly required. The club needs sorting out in most areas. Whether that is new ownership we'll wait and see but this whole way of operating is not sustainable. Relegation, as difficult as it is, doesn't have to be the end of you properly accept change is needed.

I just don't think we're prepared for it.

7 hours ago, Area88 said:

We looked like champions first half and the second half syndrome kicked in.

We would do better with an open goal for opposition to shoot at then Ward in goal.

I blame Danny Ward for the loss. Both goals should be credited to him.

We didn’t really look like Champions first half. Bournemouth just let us have the ball like Spurs did because they knew a mistake was coming. That’s what most teams do v City - just wait for the error

• Like 2

A couple of points on the game:- 

Do his Rodgers chum from Celtic Jack Lyons do any decent analysis? Philip Billing is Bournemouth’s outlet and yesterday we continually allowed him to come deep from the 10 role, turn and get passes off. He’s their lynchpin we did nothing about it. 

When Rodgers makes those subs he does on 65th, I could almost understand it if we went properly shithouse defending to the walls. But we don’t. We don’t disrupt games with injuries. We don’t disrupt games with time wasting when a team has just equalised. We collectively are so naive. We play this in the middle horseshit where the gaps are so big between the three parts of the pitch. We don’t even go direct stick it long and play the channels. We can not play that tippy tappy stuff thirty yards from our own goal. It doesn’t work. Just cut the shit, go direct.