Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxxed

Reasons the board haven’t sacked Brendan

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

Since we are in danger of not playing in Europe again for a decade is this really a worry right now? Unless they are trying to get a head start on the Football Leagues version of FFP next season… 

Yeah. I have the very same question.

6 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

They're making a fortune on betting markets laying off bets from punters who think Brendan will be the next manager to be sacked. The worse we play, the more they rake it in.

I was told we have a new financial model. Sustainable too.

If Brendan and Top have such a good relationship,  then Brendan should offer to leave the club for a reduced compensation. 

He's going to leave the club a very wealthy man anyway , he was before he came to us.

If he's trying to drain every last penny from Top , then it doesn't look like he's got the upmost respect for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weller Wing said:

If Brendan and Top have such a good relationship,  then Brendan should offer to leave the club for a reduced compensation. 

He's going to leave the club a very wealthy man anyway , he was before he came to us.

If he's trying to drain every last penny from Top , then it doesn't look like he's got the upmost respect for him.

I'm strongly doubt the respect is reciprocal, and Rodgers is simply seeing out his contract. Top will have his business for life, Brendan is likely finished in football after this gig. I have a very unnatural dislike of Brendan, and consider him an exceptionally disingenuous man, and wouldn't put it past him to completely exploit the situation he has found himself in.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I'm strongly doubt the respect is reciprocal, and Rodgers is simply seeing out his contract. Top will have his business for life, Brendan is likely finished in football after this gig. I have a very unnatural dislike of Brendan, and consider him an exceptionally disingenuous man, and wouldn't put it past him to completely exploit the situation he has found himself in.

Although he'll probably take some time out, there's no way Brendan is finished in football.

He will argue that he's over achieved with a limited budget and ungrateful Leicester underfunded him and turned on him when things went sour. 

Winning a major trophy and his ability to bullshit in a variety of languages,  will ensure he gets a future gig somewhere,  without a doubt.

If he's  finished in football, it will be totally his choice as there will be plenty of offers.

On 09/10/2022 at 18:38, ithuriel said:

He has advisors, they've probably told him how long to give Brendan to turn things around and Top will be carrying on with all the other things he has to sort out, other football club, the business and other stuff.

Yeah, the advisor is likely Brendan himself, if not Brendan who on earth could it be that wants the club in the championship that much.

20 hours ago, Babylon said:

I can only conclude the players actually are still behind him and like him. Which frankly is even more worrying. 

The situation is going to be more complex than that. The younger guys who've been transitioned into the first team, KDH and Thomas and some peripheral figures are likely to feel gratitude towards him. Madders appears to have a good relationship with him and has a strong internal motivation to persevere - Vardy just appears to float above any issues. Castagne is the most independently minded of the crew. I think Evans just gets on with it - trying to play to his personal standards.

Is it a matter of liking him/being behind him or just doing the job they've been trained to do since they were employed as apprentices? It's likely they've only got the option to trust it might turn out ok and are, maybe, suppressing much of the doubt that's actually in their heads. 

It wouldn't be the first time in history that a group silenced their doubts by blindly committing themselves to a chancer.

It's the various heads at LCFC who are allowing this débâcle to continue. They're the ones who are fiddling while Rome burns. Had they any integrity I'd have expected resignations by now. Even Tory politicians are capable of that measure of objection.

10 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Probably sees what Arteta has done after being kept on during a very bad run of games.

Hopes Brendan can replicate it thus saving him millions at the same time.

Incredibly naive and stupid but hey ho.

There's a wide gulf between Arteta and Rodgers attributes. The faith shown in Arteta arose from his very obvious organisational and motivational qualities - he just needed time to develop the integration of the players into a cohesive unit. Getting Xhaka onside is proof that he has great leadership. Rodgers isn't even close to Arteta's potential.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Probably sees what Arteta has done after being kept on during a very bad run of games.

Arsenal never ever had a run of form like we have and there was a point in time we were considered ahead of them on the pitch.

Its a shame that the overall management has spent poorly and given a manager who's taking us backwards so much power.

14 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They keep going into his office to sack him but they think he isn't in there - he's just standing up behind his big desk so they can't see him

We did the Stadium tour last year just after his birthday, and there was a balloon for him still in his office. When we went in my wife said 'aawwwe, 'ickle balloon for 'ickle Brendan'.  Guy doing the tour was not amused.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, gerblod said:

The situation is going to be more complex than that. The younger guys who've been transitioned into the first team, KDH and Thomas and some peripheral figures are likely to feel gratitude towards him. Madders appears to have a good relationship with him and has a strong internal motivation to persevere - Vardy just appears to float above any issues. Castagne is the most independently minded of the crew. I think Evans just gets on with it - trying to play to his personal standards.

Is it a matter of liking him/being behind him or just doing the job they've been trained to do since they were employed as apprentices? It's likely they've only got the option to trust it might turn out ok and are, maybe, suppressing much of the doubt that's actually in their heads. 

It wouldn't be the first time in history that a group silenced their doubts by blindly committing themselves to a chancer.

It's the various heads at LCFC who are allowing this débâcle to continue. They're the ones who are fiddling while Rome burns. Had they any integrity I'd have expected resignations by now. Even Tory politicians are capable of that measure of objection.

If all of the main players like him, then the club will listen to them and not some average subs. So it's not that much more complex

• Like 1

16 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Not a bad theory to be honest. 

Arsenal were absolutely honking for about 3 games. We've been utterly dreadful for 9 & pretty useless for about a year before then as well. 

19 hours ago, Le Renard said:

Top probably believes what Rodgers tells him when he comes out with his David Brent-ism'. People born in the UK and have grown up with our subtle humour and non UK residents just wouldn't get the cringe-worthy spiel that springs forth from Rodger's mouth . 

I think there's elements of all that with any manager in any company. I'm not defending him by the way. His PR bullshit has annoyed the hell out of me and did when we were winning. I could see how much brand Brendan meant more than we ever do as a club. I'm not naive enough to think many managers care about the club more than themselves but you listen to Steve Cooper for instance talk about Forest this morning and at least the intentions are in the right place. 

But on the point of Brendan I think there's always been a very fine line between the Brent act and genuinely great manager. We're talking about a man who quite easily could have been the first to bring the title back to Liverpool in 30 odd years. 

They always say its quite telling that Michael Owen played for Liverpool, Newcastle and Real Madrid and isn't liked by any of them despite his goal record. It feels like Rodgers may well end up like that with his managerial career. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gerblod said:

There's a wide gulf between Arteta and Rodgers attributes. The faith shown in Arteta arose from his very obvious organisational and motivational qualities - he just needed time to develop the integration of the players into a cohesive unit. Getting Xhaka onside is proof that he has great leadership. Rodgers isn't even close to Arteta's potential.

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Arsenal never ever had a run of form like we have and there was a point in time we were considered ahead of them on the pitch.

Its a shame that the overall management has spent poorly and given a manager who's taking us backwards so much power.

21 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Not a bad theory to be honest. 

Arsenal were absolutely honking for about 3 games. We've been utterly dreadful for 9 & pretty useless for about a year before then as well. 

I am not saying it's right, i can't wait for Rodgers to go.

I was just alluding to the fact that Arsenal stuck with Arteta despite what was a very bad run of form for a club of their size and expectations. They stuck with him and now they are flying - I was just thinking out loud that it could be a consideration for Top. Hoping that if he sticks with Rodgers, things will come good, and he'll look like the hero whilst saving Millions at the same time.

It's likely not the case, but other than sexual favours, I'm running out of ideas as to why Top is keeping Rodgers at the club.

Edited by adejo92
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dames said:

This is very true. And yet over the past 2 years Brendan has managed to take us backwards to bottom of the league.

While wasting a lot of money in the process and signing dross.

We've fallen 15 places in the league, Just think about that for a minute. We're behind the promoted Clubs as well as the weaker Premiership Clubs.

Unbelieveable.

I don't think it's too complicated why they're sticking with him.

BR has delivered our most successful period other than the PL-winning season, and won the FA Cup which was Vichai's dream. 

There will certainly be an emotional attachment because of this, and add to that the confusion over the transfer budget where BR can rightfully argue he wasn't told the full story, he'll want to give BR every chance.

Plus the payout will be huge, and they'd want to avoid that if they can. 

But there is surely a limit to this, Top is a businessman after all and he'll want to maintain the value of the club so I think a bad result at the weekend will see him go. 

It's a crap state of affairs as I want us to win every match but Rodgers needs to go.