Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxxed

Reasons the board haven’t sacked Brendan

17 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Probably sees what Arteta has done after being kept on during a very bad run of games.

Hopes Brendan can replicate it thus saving him millions at the same time.

Incredibly naive and stupid but hey ho.

The difference being that Rodgers bad run of games has happened 3 times.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I think there's elements of all that with any manager in any company. I'm not defending him by the way. His PR bullshit has annoyed the hell out of me and did when we were winning. I could see how much brand Brendan meant more than we ever do as a club. I'm not naive enough to think many managers care about the club more than themselves but you listen to Steve Cooper for instance talk about Forest this morning and at least the intentions are in the right place. 

But on the point of Brendan I think there's always been a very fine line between the Brent act and genuinely great manager. We're talking about a man who quite easily could have been the first to bring the title back to Liverpool in 30 odd years. 

They always say its quite telling that Michael Owen played for Liverpool, Newcastle and Real Madrid and isn't liked by any of them despite his goal record. It feels like Rodgers may well end up like that with his managerial career. 

The noticeable thing about him being the nearly man at Liverpool is that like here, after inheriting a decent team, when left to his own devices, things started to go down hill due to a combination of recruitment and his philosophy perhaps. Celtic were another well chosen club who had plenty going for them already in place when he arrived. Recruitment there under him was allegedly an issue too.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Dames said:

Since we are in danger of not playing in Europe again for a decade is this really a worry right now? Unless they are trying to get a head start on the Football Leagues version of FFP next season… 

They also gambled on more European football which is part of the reason we are close to the FFP threshold. 

On 10/10/2022 at 10:30, indierich06 said:

If we have to pay him off, then we need to add a new manager's wages to our bill on top of the compensation we've paid him - that's the only thing I can think of? Perhaps there are potential penalties on the horizon if we pay him the £10m as a lump sum, rather than in regular wage installments?

No clue to be honest. But he needs to get gone. There doesn't seem to be any logical reason - apart from finances - as to why he's still here. If it's not the compo, then there are bigger problems at this club.

So many on here keep saying we can't afford to pay him off.

A simple question - how come we couldn't afford to pay him off when we could afford to bring in Wout and Smithies - £15mill + 2 lots of wages?

Losing Rodgers would have been a much wiser investment (we had enough resources from within the playing squad if it were used more judiciously).

• Like 2

Which FFP rules are we at risk of breaking, Prem or Uefa? And what are the actual consequences? I tried looking for some info on what the Prem's rules are and it's somewhat unclear. I did read an article stating the worst consequences are a points deduction - but if the plan to avoid the points deduction is to keep Rodgers and lose all the remaining games of the season, then whats the point? Oh goody, no points deduction or fine, instead we're in the Championship. Where we won't have enough TV money because we'll only have the parachute payments. So we'll fail their FFP instead. Genius.

22 hours ago, Babylon said:

If all of the main players like him, then the club will listen to them and not some average subs. So it's not that much more complex

Like doesn't mean respect. And which players, if any, have the ear of the 'club'? Like all dysfunctional groups their problem is unique and the remedying of it is going to be complex. Step 1 hasn't even been achieved yet. There's so many unanswered questions that any posts on here are likely to be stabs in the dark. But getting out of this bind would mean getting the players onside. Until Rodgers goes the job can't begin to start. 

Right then I’m just gonna say it:

our owners are biz men they aren’t stupid if they know anything they know the nature of business. 
when they gave Rogers the extended contract of course they knew what they were doing with regards to a pay off if they terminate his contract prematurely. Whatever the figure is 10mill or not they will not have agreed to that if they didn’t think they could afford it. So imo yes they do have the money to pay him off irregardless of the clubs other financial obligations.

so, that begs the question why are they procrastinating on the sacking?

a/ performance:

internally they’ve given him a certain number of games to turn it around

b/ new manager:

searching and confirming a suitable replacement. Availability & negotiating

c/ Timing:

some have said they are waiting for the WC period

we all know our board is probably one of the most tight lipped in world football. Not even a whisper slips out of the KP. It’s quite amazing actually! That’s why we never have a clue what’s going on but sure as hell they are having many many meetings. I do believe Togers when he says he doesn’t know what they do. We just have to wait and see. I can’t get stressed anymore of worrying about the what ifs.

• Like 1