Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

How would you set us up?

9 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Agree, you have to either do this or bring in either Perez or Albrighton to protect the right back if we need to play wingers due to opposition shape. But going 4312/442 diamond is preferable for me. 

Also think with the wider centre mids the full backs aren't quite as exposed as made out. A weakness perhaps but then I feel by having three genuine goal threats in their actual positions you're going to have the initiative in a lot of games anyway.

I'm not against the 3-5-2 suggestions and I don't think our squad is totally unsuited to it but we've not got a manager who can coach it and that was the case even when we were better. The wing backs essentially become like full backs, they don't attack at all which is criminal given we know they're both totally capable of it, and it just leads to absolute dirge on the pitch. If you could get Castagne and Justin really attacking it could work. Also think there's less need for Ndidi if you play a back 3 - if anything I'd be inclined to have him as one of the three.

There's still no proper left sided CB is my gripe with it.

Personally to stop the current state of our defending id have to go 5 at the back- dont care if its minging- we need to stay in games and stop being horrible defensively- just personal opinion but id go

Iverson

Faes      evans      Soyuncu

Castagne                                    Justin

Ndidi/mendy   

Tielemans                KDH

Maddison     Vardy

Play that team and play it for 5 games in a row and see where we are

He obviously wont because he is a grade a Pr*ck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree with jv1 - it’s time to forget the pretty looking footy of passing it around trying to be man city (we aren’t!)

gotta guard that goal like it’s Fort Knox!

Even though we seem to have improved let’s not concede any corners or free kicks outside our box. Don’t play the high line have 3 always at the back deep to protect.

yes our midfield will have to work double time defending 2/3’ds of the pitch but tough they gotta do it. Zaha & co will be a handful we know what their all about.

no silly mistakes every pass every block and every interception has to be pitch perfect. Players have to hold each other accountable for every bad play time to get nasty and man up to the serious situation we are in. As for Rogers he needs to show more emotion on the touch line and feed that energy to the players. The fans will do their part as always. COYF it’s time to start grinding results out! :chant:

• Like 1

I'd probs sway towards 2 up front, Kel has to be on the pitch for me. He's the only capable player of scoring out of nothing. His link up play is actually very good too. But he probs is only suited to a 2 up top. 

Iverson

Thomas

Castagne

Evans

Faes

Justin

Soumare

Kdh

Maddison

Kel

Daka

• Like 2

Any of our current systems are fine if we have a manager that can adequately coach us out of possession and in transition. The distances and positioning are almost always off. That's a bigger issue than our shape or the XI on the pitch.

Having said that, an Ndidi-Tielemans pivot is too easily sussed out now because one can't run and the other is too awkward in possession. Especially given that our fullbacks aren't trusted to progress the ball now. KDH needs to play because he offers dynamism with his movement, carrying and to a lesser extent, passing.

Its going to be a 4-3-3 for me.

Iversen

Castange

Faes

Evans

Justin

Tielemans

Ndidi

Maddison

Albrighton

Daka

Barnes

The formations generally aren't the issue and I also wouldnt be against a 3-5-2 but not under Rodgers management. We'd need to strip things right back and keep them basic, no overcomplicating. That means the full backs do not need to 'overload' as much, the cbs do not need to be our playmakers, Ndidi can screen the defence and stop attacks rather than trying to be Busquets mkII, Tielemans and Maddison can offer good options in the middle and there is still pace up front with Barnes and Daka. Albrighton comes in because we have no other right option and he provides solid cover as we've been exposed on the flanks too many times lately. Daka is picked over Vardy purely because of current form and he offers more energy.

In terms of style of play there is plenty of energy throughout that team to press, a lot of our problems come from being too passive in and out of possession. We don't need to go back to the Mickey Adams days but we do need to be more direct, currently we allow teams far too much time to settle and get their defensive shape back, we need to turn the ball over more and quickly and that comes from being a high energy pressing team. 

I'd also look to slowly integrate Soyuncu back into the team to see if he rediscovers any form along with Kelechi. KDH would be used to come into games as a sub and keep the energy in the middle high along with Soumare when Tielemans and Maddison are blowing (neither of them would be able to press for 90 minutes solid). Vardy would solely become an impact sub and I think that's where his value is now, he isn't involved enough for 90 minutes anymore but if we are pushing for a winner or chasing a game there is nobody better to bring in to give the team an edge mentally.

Its not perfect but it would get us to the end of the season.

You guys are funny! :crylaugh:
I guess if we don’t laugh we’ll cry

vards & nacho up front when vards tires replace him with daka (keep the shape)

everyone else balls to the walls defending and when we get the ball ping it quickly to our front men no fannying about with the ball and hope for the best.

I’m not sure why anybody is advocating to start Vardy at this point unless it’s pure sentimentality - he looks completely shot.  No burst, no touch, no confidence.  Maybe under a different manager he could get enough mojo back to be an impact sub but Iheanacho is the one whose absence is really grating.

Essentially the problem right now is we have a manager who’d rather lose (and look terrible doing it) “his way” than win.  We need a manager who can assess the players and set up the team in the way that gives them the best chance to succeed.

Edited by Deeg67

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

I’m not sure why anybody is advocating to start Vardy at this point unless it’s pure sentimentality - he looks completely shot.  No burst, no touch, no confidence.  Maybe under a different manager he could get enough mojo back to be an impact sub but Iheanacho is the one whose absence is really grating.

Essentially the problem right now is we have a manager who’d rather lose (and look terrible doing it) “his way” than win.  We need a manager who can assess the players and set up the team in the way that gives them the best chance to succeed.

This looks like the ramblings of a mad man. But I believe it's true. He's either utterly incompetent or evil.

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Surely you'd just set up us a 'hard to beat'. Especially right now.

We ship goals for fun.

I have news...if we don't let a goal in, we get at least a point.

That's an improvement, right? 

It seems so simple, I don't understand why we haven't done that, all those predicting 5 0r 6 against Palace, is due to being poor out of possession, I always believe we will score in every game and that includes when we play Man city.

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2022 at 05:06, Dan LCFC said:

4-3-1-2 until we've got better wide options. Make us hard to play through and get more of our better players onto the pitch. Iversen obviously comes in. Same back four albeit they actually have a degree of protection all of a sudden. I'm giving Ndidi another go, the likes of Soumare, Praet, Tielemans, KDH can fight for the other midfield spots either side of him, KDH on the left preferably. Maddison back in a number 10. Two strikers. Barnes can occasionally play in that front two as well. We did it against Liverpool, Lookman came on in that position and scored.

It's not necessarily the long term solution but I'm 90% sure it's better than this absolute shambles. I mean we're 100% improved just by dropping a League One level goalkeeper.

Shame Rodgers is so inflexible…

Brendan Rodgers says FA Cup history maker Kelechi Iheanacho still has role to play at #lcfc but doesn’t plan to change favoured 4-3-3 formation to accommodate him more. Player was key in 2021 Leicester triumph & is highest-scoring African in competition’s history.

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Shame Rodgers is so inflexible…

Brendan Rodgers says FA Cup history maker Kelechi Iheanacho still has role to play at #lcfc but doesn’t plan to change favoured 4-3-3 formation to accommodate him more. Player was key in 2021 Leicester triumph & is highest-scoring African in competition’s history.

Whats his role then as Kelechi cant play in a 433?