Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC vs Crystal Palace - Match Thread

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

who has dropped off the most in the past 12 months?

Castagne?
Youri?

Vardy?
Wilf?

Wilf obviously Vardy had a purple patch at the end of last season, an Castagne and Youri whilst there levels have dropped a little, they've nowhere near dropped as much as Wilf.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think we were that bad! First 15 minutes it looked like they would run away with it, but after that point we were the better team and I think should be one up. Daka and Barnes looking good, Maddison OK, just a little bit off his usual high level. Ward looks terrifying at the back though.

This game could go either way though. A tight affair.

Couldn't agree more. We've been OK. Faes is a breath of fresh air. Some of the movement up front has been good too. Just an even, tight affair with a fair few mistakes from both sides. If we can get some more fluidity in our game in the second half, it's there for the taking.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t think they’re out of first gear yet 

I don't think they have any plans to come out of 1st gear. They've been surprisingly negative and everytime we get the ball all 11 of their players are in their own half. I'd be more disappointed as a Palace fan right now as they were way worse than us 

We've obviously not been great, but even in that half there were enough glimpses of quality - and not just from Maddison - that with a shift in tactics and one or two personnel changes, I think we've still got the makings of a good, top-half side at this level. 

Unfortunately, Rodgers is standing in the way of that, so instead I'm dreading how we're going to unravel in the second half. Again.

Palace have been crap as well, mind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monk said:

I find foxestalk weird sometimes. we could have played like Brazil and most of you would still be moaning. 

We have done enough to be two up at half time there. Palace are poor they’ve made several last ditch goal saving tackles or blocks. Other than that palace have been poor, I thought we’ve been positive, kept the ball fairly well and made some good chances down the left. 

keep up the intensity second half and we should win this. 

Agree mate. 

We’ve been the better side. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think we were that bad! First 15 minutes it looked like they would run away with it, but after that point we were the better team and I think should be one up. Daka and Barnes looking good, Maddison OK, just a little bit off his usual high level. Ward looks terrifying at the back though.

This game could go either way though. A tight affair.

Rodgers will talk to our players. Viera will tak to theirs. We're ****ed surely?

• Haha 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Surely Southgate goes early to his next game 

he’s going to learn nothing today - although he’s probably enjoying how boring the game is 

with the way England have been playing Southgate will probably call Justin, KDH, Madders and Barnes up to the world cup squad and play Rodgersball.,

3 minutes ago, Monk said:

I find foxestalk weird sometimes. we could have played like Brazil and most of you would still be moaning. 

We have done enough to be two up at half time there. Palace are poor they’ve made several last ditch goal saving tackles or blocks. Other than that palace have been poor, I thought we’ve been positive, kept the ball fairly well and made some good chances down the left. 

keep up the intensity second half and we should win this. 

Were all aware of this in theory but fully aware that's not how it works under this manager.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Surely Southgate goes early to his next game 

he’s going to learn nothing today - although he’s probably enjoying how boring the game is 

He's only come to watch Joel Ward in case he loses one of his 300 rightback options to injury.

I want Rodgers gone and as fed up as anyone but the negativity and vitriol on here when we haven't even played that bad is unbelievable. We weren't great and lack the quality in the final 3rd but we were still miles better than Palace. If, and its a big if, Rodgers can actually give a decent ht team talk and set us up right 2nd half, we should win this comfortably. Palace have been utter garbage!