Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Crystal Palace post match 0-0

A very poor game between two poor sides. I didn't expect Palace to be as blunt as they were. We were marginally better but that was a very low benchmark. Heading down the way things are going.

And I think Brendan Rodgers not going round with the players at the final whistle speaks volumes. Surely his time is now up.

Watching on tv there was zero evidence of the fans wanting Rodgers out!

All the talk on here about banners, chants and protests is nothing but air.

It's perfectly clear to me that we on FT are a tiny minority of Rodgers out opinions.

Doesn't make us wrong but  it does make the boards decision not to sack him look justifable.

Can't see a way out of this now. ☹️

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Crystal Palace for starters, they were far worse than us today, Wolves - they’ve scored just 3 goals this season. 
Leeds are bloody awful, Villa are diabolical and Southampton are not much better.

I’m not saying we are any good, but there are some really poor teams down the bottom who will struggle for any points this season.

But these teams still sit above us.

What's changing to enable us to suddenly start picking up 1.5 points per game?

Just now, richard123 said:

We didn't crumble in the second half, I'd say we improved.

That, in itself, is a huge positive.

It really is sad to say, and more indicative of where we are at the moment, that that game marked a step up. Palace got crapper as the game went on as they lost their self-belief and decided to settle for a point. We could have, ought to have, won that... I should be dissapointed with the 2 points not gained but.... I just can't be. I'm just happier that a) we didn't lose, b) we maintained the same level throughout the game and, c) we played some nice football at times. 

It may have been only Palace at home but given where we are, I cannot be downhearted. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

I didn't think that was too bad, we controlled the game. An improvement for me.

We deserved to win the game. Not vintage football, but far from the garbage we've seen numerous times this season.

But at the end of the day, 10 games into the season is a fair time to asses how a team is performing and we are second bottom, possibly bottom after this round of fixtures. The table doesn't lie, we have been awful.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Have to admit they were very poor second half - id be  v disappointed if I’d come to watch that from s London 

we looked a more balanced side with pappy 

all relying on Perez Thursday then !

i forgot about him.... then there is an excuse not to start kelechi in a front 2...... sigh

Just now, Ric Flair said:

It was so laboured, the only football with any zip in the 2nd half was when Iheanacho came on. How can it be so pedestrian? It might have helped us defend better today but we need wins, this was the worst possible result as he gets more games and we're still on course for relegation.

That’s just the 2nd half, there was (too much)  intricate passing in the 1st half , it was incisive, and this is not excusing Brendan, as we just don’t seem to have the mental fortitude to return from not scoring, but again, this is the way we want to play with this manager and it’s not working, so therefore, change it, make it different.

1 minute ago, taupe said:

That, in itself, is a huge positive.

It really is sad to say, and more indicative of where we are at the moment, that that game marked a step up. Palace got crapper as the game went on as they lost their self-belief and decided to settle for a point. We could have, ought to have, won that... I should be dissapointed with the 2 points not gained but.... I just can't be. I'm just happier that a) we didn't lose, b) we maintained the same level throughout the game and, c) we played some nice football at times. 

It may have been only Palace at home but given where we are, I cannot be downhearted. 

100%, also Palace have played well this morning. I was dreading the game before it kicked off. We need a result against Leeds but we aren't dead yet. A point is a point.

• Haha 1

Just now, J. James said:

Watching on tv there was zero evidence of the fans wanting Rodgers out!

All the talk on here about banners, chants and protests is nothing but air.

It's perfectly clear to me that we on FT are a tiny minority of Rodgers out opinions.

Doesn't make us wrong but  it does make the boards decision not to sack him look justifable.

Can't see a way out of this now. ☹️

Then the majority are complicit in our demise. I don't think it's that they want him to stay but we typify everything that's wrong with the modern world where nobody has any standards and beliefs they are willing to stand up for, summed up the sheep like nation settling for the heinous violation of our freedom with covid. Many were happy to go along with what those in charge kept telling us, madness.

We aren't mid table and unimpressed with our manager like many on here were last season, that was likely a minority. We are once again bottom of the league if Forest get a result this weekend after a quarter of the season gone and on course for financial ruin. Heads should roll.

• Like 4