Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Crystal Palace post match 0-0

20 minutes ago, Claridge said:

soumare has to be one of the worst players in the prem, does nothing and can't even mark properly

18 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Thought Soumare was solid today.

Foxestalk in two sentences. 

• Haha 4

First half was dire. Both teams going through the motions. Second half I thought we were much better but without creating anything clear cut. Palace were there for the taking and we couldn’t do it. Noticeable number of Rodgers out chants from the Kop end at full time. Brendan conspicuous by his absence at full time. Leeds and Wolves have become even bigger now. Well done to Coalville by the way

6 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Tielemans was an absolute disgrace. Captain for the day and subbed off after another inept performance. 

Always fascinating how much people’s views of individual performances can differ. 

I thought the extra defensive work from him and KDH (alongside Soumare) meant we reduced the number of times our back 4 was ran it, which was why we looked less chaotic defensively. 

He had multiple occasions where he fought hard to win the ball back and then started a good move with a nice pass too. Couple of important blocks/tackles/interceptions too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

No sign at all, you're right

7ltt56.jpg

Thanks for the photo,  l saw nothing of this on TV.

Unfortunately such a protest as this is meat and drink to journo's who love Rodgers, even if it is reported it will be "a handful of disgruntled fans" -  totally counterproductive!

Much as l detest their criminal owners Newcastle United fans CARE and know how to protest - they got a lot of practice with Ashley mind!

1411220328841_wps_21_Newcastle_fans_Pardew_pro.jpg

Guest Col city fan

Soumare looks like he’s running through treacle.

Vardy looks like his daft missis’ antics have fooked with his head.

And Maddison had very much an off day. I think Southgate was in the stands too today? He won’t be picked for the World Cup on that performance.

Looking at the positives… defensively we were much better. It’s making me finally wonder whether Evans is part of the problem now? He’s well past his best.

Full backs were solid enough.

And Ward made an excellent save.

But overall, those are the games we have to win. Palace looked like they didn’t care if they won or lost.

1 hour ago, adam said:

How bad was big dan as well today. Against a side that offered absolutely nothing he still managed to make himself look like a tit. 

Two extremes today - nearly set Palace up but equally did the best bit of defensive work in the game when he cleared a cross facing his own goal 

47 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

3 occasions? 

yeah 3 occasions from memory, maybe more. There was a short back pass and a few loose balls, losing possesion in vital areas. It didn't cost us today but Faes made similar mistakes last week and got slaughtered on here.

Saying that i believe Faes is our best defender at present with Amartey and Evans equally poor.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Looks like we’re fighting for second worst team in the Premier League. Early days though. Still got time to improve. Good things come to those to wait, eh @Matt

19th and Forest 20th at the end of the season and we’re still the best team in the East Midlands :scarf:

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

yeah 3 occasions from memory, maybe more. There was a short back pass and a few loose balls, losing possesion in vital areas. It didn't cost us today but Faes made similar mistakes last week and got slaughtered on here.

Saying that i believe Faes is our best defender at present with Amartey and Evans equally poor.

I can't remember 3 occasions where he nearly "cost us the game" and I'm as melodramatic as they come. The bloke is not meant to be starting.

• Like 1