Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Crystal Palace post match 0-0

42 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Tielemans was an absolute disgrace. Captain for the day and subbed off after another inept performance. 

He really wasn't that bad !!

He certainly wasn't brilliant but for me he was just average. You can't use Brendas subs to measure how anyone played because Daka was better than Vardy & Soumare was better than Mendy.  For me Iheanacho was the only sub that made any sense & he would have looked better alongside Daka rather than Vardy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

I clapped at full time purely for the fact that I’ll get behind the team, win or lose. Yes I’m not particularly happy about the situation we are in but we still need to get behind the lads ffs.

Get behind them during the game, as we need wins, but clapping them off after that? You're well entitled to do whatever you want, but I am really surprised to see so many happy with them. Most of the players have been a disgrace this season, don't derserve a clap, as well as the manager

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Get behind them during the game, as we need wins, but clapping them off after that? You're well entitled to do whatever you want, but I am really surprised to see so many happy with them. Most of the players have been a disgrace this season, don't derserve a clap, as well as the manager

The sad this is, i'm not surprised though.

:appl::clap::appl::clap::appl::clap:

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I can't remember 3 occasions where he nearly "cost us the game" and I'm as melodramatic as they come. The bloke is not meant to be starting.

I'm not melodramitic either, but i think a players performance is either judged as good or not good, and i'd say he was in the latter today, but as i say neither was Evans last week, and tielemens even worse, but thats why we're in the bottom 3.

I think on the whole, todays overall performance was one of the best this season, but it wasn't enough with Wolves result which has us now needing a couple of wins in reality and we're still criticising Rodgers but I'm not sure what he could have done differently today, I'd be interested in others opinions on this as although it'd be great for a new manager with new ideas, I'm not sure what a new manager would do to change our outcome, we are short of quality in some areas which brings us back around to Amartey

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Positive is for anyone who says we’re down already, there are 4 or 5 teams just as bad as us.

On another day we win that comfortably- some pretty good chances missed and we looked assured and untroubled at the back.

But the teams that are just as bad as us already a few points ahead

It was dreadful. And how anyone can argue that it was anything but is beyond me.

It was like two crap armies lobbing blunt spears at one another. 

There’s as much spice left in this team as a piece is white bread. 

Palace’s incompetence spared us. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I think today - aside from Forest - was probably the best consistent 90 mins of the season. I doubt a 0-0 at home to team like that is sowing the seeds of improvement - but I’m pointing it out anyway.

Actually we didn’t score did we so is that an improvement… probably not 🤣 

I've said the same, trying to not look through my blue specs, Palace were lucky to get a point, we could have and perhaps should have gambled with Nacho and Daka on but it's always easy to say in hindsight.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I feel so sorry for Iheanacho. What has been done wrong? He carried us the other year, and yet today only got 6 mins + added time when we needed a goal. I’d completely understand if he binned us off.

when he plays he creates panic in opposition defense, he takes shots which may or may not result in chances. We need wins and we've more of a chance of getting a win playing nacho than vardy for me, doesn't deserve to be 3rd place

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It was dreadful. And how anyone can argue that it was anything but is beyond me.

It was like two crap armies lobbing blunt spears at one another. 

There’s as much spice left in this team as a piece is white bread. 

Palace’s incompetence spared us. 

To be fair I think Palace came for a point and they got what they wanted, we couldn’t even break down Crystal Palace what a shit show. Top please sack Rodgers!

• Like 2

For me that was worse than Bournemouth, all because of the way that Palace played. They were so so bad.

They started off some promising moves but then there was a total lack of attacking cohesion and fearfulness to shoot. They weren’t really going at us, despite us being terrible at the back so far this season. They didn’t press, despite us hating it. They didn’t play us well at all.

Most importantly though, they gave us so much space between their defensive line and midfield. Maddison and KDH had acres of space until they solved it by changing their shape later in the second half.

That was an opposition performance that even last season would have seen us win comfortably, but instead we created few really good chances and stank the place out for 90 minutes.

Top should need no more proof that Rodgers can’t turn this around.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Joe Cole said Tielemans needs to up his game by 5-10%, not just today but in respect of the season so far.

With an increase like that I’d have him down at about a 3/10.

Tielmans , worst player on the pitch today, not for the first time this season, couldn`t find a pass if he stood between two mountains and gave the ball away every chance he got, i thought he played well, for them, definitely not for us, shame we didn`t take the money when it was offered

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

I clapped at full time purely for the fact that I’ll get behind the team, win or lose. Yes I’m not particularly happy about the situation we are in but we still need to get behind the lads ffs.

Ah yes...

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fvcking yes big 0-0 win, 1 lovely point.

Ba ba babababa ba ba baba ba.

Clean sheet for super Danny boy and Wout looks a belter, Mendy's back, Vardy's one game closer to getting his mojo going. 

Madders earning himself a little rest. 👏 giving someone else a go at freekicks and that. He's a good lad.

Brilliant day.

Moving on up babies 🙌

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Right. Hopefully all the haters and Mr Angry’s of Aylestone have sodded off to the pub, so it might be safe to share this….. but I thought that was easily our best performance of the season today. Yes, there’s not much competition for that accolade, but we looked as solid at the back as we have in eons. Admittedly against a team with little attacking intent, but you play what’s in front of you. Ward made a superb save and had nothing else to do. Amartey and Faes were excellent. If we’d turned one of the half chances into a goal, it would have been thoroughly deserved. Southgate would have seen lots he liked ……  in JJ - watch this space. His best game of the season as England run out of full backs. Disappointing not to get three points, but picking up points - even one at a time - is okay when you’re in the drop zone. 

I would of thought that getting a point at home to a side as bad as palace were is a bad result if your in the relegation places. 

Can't see where the next win will come from. 

• Like 1