Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Crystal Palace post match 0-0

11 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Right. Hopefully all the haters and Mr Angry’s of Aylestone have sodded off to the pub, so it might be safe to share . 

10 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Fvcking yes big 0-0 win, 1 lovely point.

Ba ba babababa ba ba baba ba.

Clean sheet for super Danny boy and Wout looks a belter, Mendy's back, Vardy's one game closer to getting his mojo going. 

Madders earning himself a little rest. 👏 giving someone else a go at freekicks and that. He's a good lad.

Brilliant day.

Moving on up babies 🙌

Apparently still too early. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't think KDH is good enough to justify us changing our shape since he's come into the side. At our best with 4321 even if it is Perez on the right. 

He's been very poor this season.  He's not really a premiership player. The problem is he's very limited in his ability. 

And looks very unfit, He doesn't read the game quickly enough and still gets caught the wrong side of the Ball at times.

When you're struggling for results and points as we are sadly we need more quality.

He's lucky to keep his place over others at the moment. I think BR is afraid to drop him for fear of a backlash from Fans.

• Like 1

Definitely improved second half - even within the first 5 minutes we did more with the ball but it was all so haphazard. Either it was overplayed and fizzled out or the final ball was awful. 

KDH should have come off for Nacho and much earlier but I will say Palace came here to do fuch all. Castagne had Zaha first half and after he went off, they did nothing. 

A better City would have broken them down for a 1-0. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think a massive problem is we play with 4 center midfielders and the balance is just not there along with any real attacking threat.

Soumare/Nididi, Youri, KDH and Maddison just doesn't work

Brendan has to shoehorn all his favourite players in. Its awful !! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think a massive problem is we play with 4 center midfielders and the balance is just not there along with any real attacking threat.

Yup. That is evident. At this pint in time I would happily have Perez on the wing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yes, The problem is there isn't enough pace int here. Youri KDH and Maddison have little pace.

NDiddi has pace but we need him in the defensive role. Soumare has pace but is only finding his way at this level.

Maddison is a player you just have to indulge as he has that bit of magic at times.

I'd bring in Praet who's not quick either, but has a lot of ability and can use the Ball well. Perez could even do a job as he's a clever player also.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It’s ridiculous that we were captained today by a guy who is coasting and doesn’t want to be here

My thoughts too. He made 2 really good passes today in fairness but, in the first half, I counted a succession of 5 passes in a row where he gave possession away, it was lazy and woeful. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LeeTheFox said:

Fell asleep missed the whole first half.. woke up for the second half and fell asleep again.

Mate think you need to go bed earlier, just from sitting down you're falling asleep, twice in a couple hours. 

Sit up a bit man, have a tea.

• Haha 2

First 20 minutes or so were horrible as they were over powering us. But then we started controlling things, and later in the first half i thought Barnes was getting some success on the left. 2nd half it was like Palace barely turned up, which makes the scoreline all the more painful. LCFC with some confidence comes out of that a comfortable 2-0. To think a few days ago everyone was saying that the big guys at Palace were going to chew us up, but it was a million miles away from that. I suppose if we were mid table we would have considered that an average day at the office, but as things stand its another wasted opportunity. I suppose, when the team was announced, no way did i think a side with Ward / Amartey in it were getting a clean sheet.  I actually think we looked better without Evans, but Amartey is going to get crucified if he makes those sloppy mistakes against better opposition.

The thing that was really apparent to me, is how little confidence players have right now. And also how Rodgers ball stifles their creativity. Last season, KDH would make driving runs. Today, when getting the ball, two or three strides in he is looking up to see opportunities or recycle possession. You can tell he is not comfortable with it, and i am convinced he is being coached to do it and to leave his natural game behind. They are all doing it, and the the groans in the crowd when half decent opportunities just go backwards, saps everyone's confidence. Would just love one game where they ignore this nonsense.

Its because of the negative nature of Rodgers ball that i know another manager gets this team to safety with relative ease. Someone can easily get this team playing to its strengths, rather than coach those strengths out of them.

We were near the singing section, which was great. And we joined in with the 'We want Brendan out chant' that was loud until the tannoy announcements came on. 

• Like 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

My thoughts too. He made 2 really good passes today in fairness but, in the first half, I counted a succession of 5 passes in a row where he gave possession away, it was lazy and woeful. 

It's weird with Yuri isn't it, afyer fa cup we should be yelling shoot every time he gets near box, but because he doesn't want to be with us we don't like him. 

I reckon we'll get a class manager in next and he'll want to stay and we'll all be sound again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

3 points against shite like Palace is what we need. Not "positives." Sums up how bad things are that keeping a clean sheet at home to Palace is seen as a good thing.

Currently averaging 0.5pts a game. That is a team that's going down. 

We are second from bottom, we had some good  chances but it didn't quite happen. We hardly played like a team who are rock bottom more like a mid table draw.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, LeeTheFox said:

Fell asleep missed the whole first half.. woke up for the second half and fell asleep again.

9 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Mate think you need to go bed earlier, just from sitting down you're falling asleep, twice in a couple hours. 

Sit up a bit man, have a tea.

I thought Puel was the cure to insomnia, Rodgers has developed the cure even more.

Progress, miracle worker.

:brendan:

1 minute ago, marcymarc666 said:

We are second from bottom, we had some good  chances but it didn't quite happen. We hardly played like a team who are rock bottom more like a mid table draw.

It was dross. Palace were there for the taking.

When your manager has basically stated you’re shite you’ll start to believe it. 

We need wins not painfully dull draws.

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

it's where he gave the ball away though, it was enough to for Pearce to make the comments, we have different views on his performance from memory, thats okay,

Said it before and I'll say it again my brother, it's a game of opinions baby!

Also Tess Daly is 53, that is a phenomenal stat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let’s get one thing straight here, we were never this bad under Puel.

The worst 10 game runs we had (2 of them) under him yielded 10 points and the second resulted in his sacking.

19 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

It's weird with Yuri isn't it, afyer fa cup we should be yelling shoot every time he gets near box, but because he doesn't want to be with us we don't like him. 

I reckon we'll get a class manager in next and he'll want to stay and we'll all be sound again.

I really don't think he's half as good as many make out and certainly not good enough for a 'big' club. I'd rather the new man get a tune out of Soyuncu tbh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I really don't think he's half as good as many make out and certainly not good enough for a 'big' club. I'd rather the new man get a tune out of Soyuncu tbh.

Agreed.

Which is why no 'big' club has been in for him, they may well take him on a free, why wouldn't they, it's no risk but it speaks volumes no-one put a bid in for him, even a low ball offer.

• Like 2