Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Crystal Palace post match 0-0

So I’ve had a beer now but on reflection…

Madders was outstanding to be fair.

Faes is a new cult hero.

Amartey goes from Pele to a pillar.

Castagne shouldn’t ever head a ball but got into good positions at the far post but didn’t deliver.

Daka isn’t Vardy circa 2014 but has pace but not the final boot.

KDH hmm. Steady.

Barnes is great but needs more in his locker as he’s too predictable. Needs people around him that can develop him as a weapon. Not seeing that right now.

Ward hmm.

Tielemans movement and some of his passing was premier league - the rest of his game not so much.

JJ - did okay but y’know needs bringing back up to his level and beyond.

Vardy - can’t even bring myself to write what I think I love him so much.

I have to stop now as I can’t see the keyboard on my phone very well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

One of his bad games this season. Nowhere near outstanding. 

Agree with this, how someone can claim Maddison was outstanding beggars belief.

Some of our fans really are absolutely clueless. He was dross, had little influence on the game, dived at the end and his freekicks and set peices bar one corner were bang average.

2 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

We are second from bottom, we had some good  chances but it didn't quite happen. We hardly played like a team who are rock bottom more like a mid table draw.

Respect your optimism.

We didn't really create many clear cut chances. All huff and puff without actually causing their keeper to make any saves (that weren't straight at him). 

How many games have we won away from home this last year? Our shockingly bad form away makes winning games at home vital. We've not beaten Brentford, Southampton or Palace at home. If we don't beat these teams, where at the wins coming from? 

Sadly the negatives outweigh any positives (and to me there aren't any at all currently).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

We're garbage. Brendan is anti football and should never manage in the Premier league again 

Oh, we NEED him to manage in the Premiership. We need a wally of a chairman who will TAKE him off our hands! He wont go to the Championship will he?? 

2 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

Forget the Forest win,they were awful,this was a step up in the right direction, they posed no threat to us whatsoever ,no goals on the break no goals from corners or set pieces,that's because we didn't allow them too.

You are a 'half full' geezer, obviously.  I applaud you for that, but it still doesnt trump the fact that Brendan has been dragging us down, down, down for the past 18months, sadly.

Edited by Coalman
  • Like 3

Just now, Coalman said:

You are a 'half full' geezer, obviously.  I applaud you for that, but it still doesnt trump the fact that Brendan has been dragging us down, down, down for the past 18months, sadly.

Trust me I've been in the Brendan out camp but I wouldn't sack him on that performance, plenty of the others !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I know you’re upset the way things are going, but no one is being treated as stupid. That is how football works, is funded and survives. It’s a business. If you feel so strongly, do t support any more, don’t go to games. But to say everyone is being like they’re stupid is a bit far. 

....there is a huge amount of frustration and we seem to be overlooked in this instance!!!

We as a fanbase (the ones who attend games) do give an outward presentation that everything is alright, do not complain, or show any kind of disapproval of what they see or frown at the continuation, of a policy that keeps a manager in a position that compromises the whole club, and tug at its financial stability.

There seems to be no thought of who this situation affects, it may not be intended but the end results make us seem like fools because we turn up every game, and we bend the knee to the people supposedly running this club.

We are never going to be consulted in the decisions that are made in supposedly the best interest of the club, we are not that entitled, but we are severely disconnected from the ownership and stewardship of this club and that is down to poor communication and what seems like indifference from the club.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jim5000 said:

They booed at half time and at full time. The commentary even said ‘the boos ring out around the king power’

apparently the ground security were removing banners from people at the turnstiles

Old 'Pelican Head' ( Mr Savage ) said on 6-0-6 that HE didnt hear any boos at the end of the game..... Chris Sutton reminded  Pelican Head  that he was sat in a fully glazed studio within the ground! The commentators on TV certainly said 'the boos ring around The King Power'.

Edited by Coalman

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....there is a huge amount of frustration and we seem to be overlooked in this instance!!!

We as a fanbase (the ones who attend games) do give an outward presentation that everything is alright, do not complain, or show any kind of disapproval of what they see or frown at the continuation, of a policy that keeps a manager in a position that compromises the whole club, and tug at its financial stability.

There seems to be no thought of who this situation affects, it may not be intended but the end results make us seem like fools because we turn up every game, and we bend the knee to the people supposedly running this club.

We are never going to be consulted in the decisions that are made in supposedly the best interest of the club, we are not that entitled, but we are severely disconnected from the ownership and stewardship of this club and that is down to poor communication and what seems like indifference from the club.

Excellent post

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Coalman said:

Oh, we NEED him to manage in the Premiership. We need a wally of a chairman who will TAKE him off our hands! He wont go to the Championship will he?? 

He's too good for the championship. Or so he believes. He might find out differently in about 6 months 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Respect your optimism.

We didn't really create many clear cut chances. All huff and puff without actually causing their keeper to make any saves (that weren't straight at him). 

How many games have we won away from home this last year? Our shockingly bad form away makes winning games at home vital. We've not beaten Brentford, Southampton or Palace at home. If we don't beat these teams, where at the wins coming from? 

Sadly the negatives outweigh any positives (and to me there aren't any at all currently).

Counter intuitive, but those games away will end up being classed as winnable once we wake from our slumber (and there WERE signs yesterday we were beginning to rouse), whereas arsenal, spurs, Chelsea are to come at home and all 3 are, at a push and with a cup-tie atmosphere, winnable at home.

The fixture list may yet be our saviour

1 hour ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Respect your optimism.

We should have got more out of the game for sure but I think there a few positive things. 
Wout looks like a decent buy

soumare showing improvement and greater contribution. 

likewise Daka 

another clean sheet

I think we were the better team overall in a tight match but we lacked quality in the final pass and shooting although some of the progression to that point was pretty good. 
We need to be winning these sort of games at home though so another disappointing day overall topped off by Maddison getting a yellow and missing the next game. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

Leeds will beat us. Nothing whatsoever happening apart from Barnes and Maddison, and one of them now missing. Rest of the team totally inept. Castagne was like a dog chasing the ball on a park with his nose. Only positives were somehow they managed to be just as shit and Danny Ward actually made a decent save.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Counter intuitive, but those games away will end up being classed as winnable once we wake from our slumber (and there WERE signs yesterday we were beginning to rouse), whereas arsenal, spurs, Chelsea are to come at home and all 3 are, at a push and with a cup-tie atmosphere, winnable at home.

The fixture list may yet be our saviour

I don't share this optimism one bit. We've been useless away from home for ages now, if we cannot beat these teams at our comfy home, what makes you think we will beat them away?

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Looking forward to Leeds with no Maddison... NOT. For me thats the probably the worst part of today.

Him and Barnes are literally it for us going forward so good luck on Thursday Harvey. 

Having said that he always scores against Leeds so let's hope he carries that on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

It was dross. Palace were there for the taking.

When your manager has basically stated you’re shite you’ll start to believe it. 

We need wins not painfully dull draws.

Exactly. Today was like Puel era City all over again.

Rodgers is toast, this current team is toast. We need a massive refresh and hopefully we don’t have to get relegated to trigger it.