Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Crystal Palace post match 0-0

6 hours ago, Corky said:

Pundits actually saying we should keep Rodgers after relegation!? lol

Helping to drag this club down. His joyless football in the Nationwide would be hell on earth.

Yeah I couldn’t believe what I was hearing at that point. That was crazy. All those useless supposed pundits talking absolute rubbish on BT Sport. 

3 hours ago, WinslowFox said:

Was far too hot, should've been called off

We did amazingly to get a point in such extreme weather conditions

Considering this heat wave we are experiencing the ground staff have done a remarkable job with the pitch. They must have used a lot of water on it. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Considering this heat wave we are experiencing the ground staff have done a remarkable job with the pitch. They must have used a lot of water on it. 

Talksport laughing about the heatwave in Leicester,  I was very confused... then I read the after match Rogers review ..... cringingly embarrassed 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Trust me I've been in the Brendan out camp but I wouldn't sack him on that performance, plenty of the others !

It's an okay away performance and result but at home against Palace it isn't good enough and we are running out of time to start winning these kinds of games if we are to stay up. 

Edited by desertfox2
Spell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I feel so sorry for Iheanacho. What has been done wrong? He carried us the other year, and yet today only got 6 mins + added time when we needed a goal. I’d completely understand if he binned us off.

I agree, the bloke has the patience of a saint but surely he wont for much longer.

Will he start against Leeds?

He certainly should imo but l dont think he will, l have a sinking feeling that the right side Maddison replacement is gonna be the serial failure Perez.

But who knows he may for once hit the heights of a 4/10.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Looking forward to Leeds with no Maddison... NOT. For me thats the probably the worst part of today.

I and others saw this coming during the Forest game, Rodgers left him on with the game won and he got a card, yet another one (at least partially) down to the Fraud.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

One of his bad games this season. Nowhere near outstanding. 

Disagree. Some of his passing and creativity and movement was absolutely sublime - he can't do it all on his own - thought he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile.

7 minutes ago, Nick said:

Disagree. Some of his passing and creativity and movement was absolutely sublime - he can't do it all on his own - thought he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile.

Everyone sees the game differently and has their own opinions sure, but man he was not sublime in the slightest. It was one of his poorest performances of the season and he topped off by getting booked for cheating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

It's an okay away performance and result but at home against Palace it isn't good enough and we are running out of time to start winning these kinds of games if we are to stay up. 

Yes exactly. We got Man City, Everton away and West Ham away. Those are very tough games with a dodgy defence. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Everyone sees the game differently and has their own opinions sure, but man he was not sublime in the slightest. It was one of his poorest performances of the season and he topped off by getting booked for cheating. 

I didn't say his entire performance was sublime - Some of his touches and passing and movement were. He tried everything but it just didn't come off yesterday - maybe too hard with Southgate looking on. He was making space on the ball and the passes with the outside of the right foot and feigning and leaving balls to run on and ghost by defenders into space I thought were excellent. For me it wasn't his worst performance this season at all but yeah he was a diving little bastard and deserved his card. 

11 hours ago, Nick said:

So I’ve had a beer now but on reflection…

Madders was outstanding to be fair.

Faes is a new cult hero.

Amartey goes from Pele to a pillar.

Castagne shouldn’t ever head a ball but got into good positions at the far post but didn’t deliver.

Daka isn’t Vardy circa 2014 but has pace but not the final boot.

KDH hmm. Steady.

Barnes is great but needs more in his locker as he’s too predictable. Needs people around him that can develop him as a weapon. Not seeing that right now.

Ward hmm.

Tielemans movement and some of his passing was premier league - the rest of his game not so much.

JJ - did okay but y’know needs bringing back up to his level and beyond.

Vardy - can’t even bring myself to write what I think I love him so much.

I have to stop now as I can’t see the keyboard on my phone very well.

Vardy’s done. It’s the truth no one wants to admit to, which is why they harp on about his ability to hold the ball up near the corner flag. Also, in the changing room, he’s no Kasper.

10 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Vardy’s done. It’s the truth no one wants to admit to, which is why they harp on about his ability to hold the ball up near the corner flag. Also, in the changing room, he’s no Kasper.

Vardy isn’t done, he’s just playing in a shit team.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Not sure if it’s been said in the previous 16 pages, but did anyone hear Savage’s post game comments on BT yesterday?

What an absolute helmet of a man he is, suggesting who would be better than Rodgers to bring us back up if we went down ….. the likes of him and Lineker suggesting that we’re back to the same old yo-yo Leicester absolutely boils my p!ss. Regardless of how crap we look at the moment, we are much better than we are performing, and we are not the same club that yo-yo’d between the top 2 divisions in the mid/late 90’s and noughties.

Those pair fuel the MSM BS agenda that we are some kind of small club who should just be happy to be in the Prem 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

I sometimes think that those in the media think Leicester is equivalent to Blackburn or Burnley. As a single club city ,we are one of the top three for potential local support in England. The problem is the infuriating tendency of the city to undersell itself. It appears to be ingrained in Leicester people's mindset.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Not sure if it’s been said in the previous 16 pages, but did anyone hear Savage’s post game comments on BT yesterday?

What an absolute helmet of a man he is, suggesting who would be better than Rodgers to bring us back up if we went down ….. the likes of him and Lineker suggesting that we’re back to the same old yo-yo Leicester absolutely boils my p!ss. Regardless of how crap we look at the moment, we are much better than we are performing, and we are not the same club that yo-yo’d between the top 2 divisions in the mid/late 90’s and noughties.

Those pair fuel the MSM BS agenda that we are some kind of small club who should just be happy to be in the Prem 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

I was criticised earlier in the season for suggesting that Brendan 'does a job on punditry'. But nothing convinces me otherwise. The fact that they are so on song with him even in this position, with the crap he comes out with, and that they seem to think that we should be paying Rodger's salary in the Championship just boggles my mind. They all still buy into brand Brendan. Its sick.

Its why an appointment like his is such bad news. He is wrongly seen as bigger than the club, and is literally standing there saying to us and the board 'you don't have the balls to fire me'. 

Think about it. If anyone see's themselves and unsackable, what incentive is there to excel at your job?

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Counter intuitive, but those games away will end up being classed as winnable once we wake from our slumber (and there WERE signs yesterday we were beginning to rouse), whereas arsenal, spurs, Chelsea are to come at home and all 3 are, at a push and with a cup-tie atmosphere, winnable at home.

The fixture list may yet be our saviour

This isn't a slumber though. A slumber almost implies it's a small blip. We've not won away in the league for nearly a year, I believe. I do understand your logic but as things stand I struggle to see that happening. There's been signs in every game this season that we are a half decent team (we know that anyway on paper) yet we've only got 5pts. 

• Like 1

Firstly, and most importantly Rogers must go now come on Top get rid of him, he has no clue and is a one trick pony Tactically plus aways leaving substitutions to late in the game to make any difference.

Secondly Amartey and JJ need replacing for the team’s sake.

I know some people love JJ but he is so not the player this season he was before 2 years ago, yesterday on several occasions he had the opportunity on the ball to catch Palace on the brake but each time passed backwards and the opportunity went begging.

Armartey is nowhere near 1st team starting but BR love child always seems to gets the nod.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

We should have got more out of the game for sure but I think there a few positive things. 
Wout looks like a decent buy

soumare showing improvement and greater contribution. 

likewise Daka 

another clean sheet

I think we were the better team overall in a tight match but we lacked quality in the final pass and shooting although some of the progression to that point was pretty good. 
We need to be winning these sort of games at home though so another disappointing day overall topped off by Maddison getting a yellow and missing the next game. 

In the context of our season so far, sure you can take positives out of the game. You know things are bad when we are claiming a clean sheet against Palace, at home, as a positive. This Palace team is poor. They offered very little in attack and after 60 minutes they were clearly happy for the draw. 

I think Daka has significantly improved his all round game this season. Might be more obvious because everything else is shite. 

Jury is out on Soumare. Not quite sure what his role is. 

2 hours ago, J. James said:

I and others saw this coming during the Forest game, Rodgers left him on with the game won and he got a card, yet another one (at least partially) down to the Fraud.

Rodgers fault for a grown man behaving like a petulant 2 yr old? That was 100% maddisons fault for trying to cheat . I think those should be an automatic ban, might cut it out then

3 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

Firstly, and most importantly Rogers must go now come on Top get rid of him, he has no clue and is a one trick pony Tactically plus aways leaving substitutions to late in the game to make any difference.

Secondly Amartey and JJ need replacing for the team’s sake.

I know some people love JJ but he is so not the player this season he was before 2 years ago, yesterday on several occasions he had the opportunity on the ball to catch Palace on the brake but each time passed backwards and the opportunity went begging.

Armartey is nowhere near 1st team starting but BR love child always seems to gets the nod.

...JJ is a right footed player, playing on the left of the defence!!! 

His tendency is to come inside and as he has such little faith in his left foot he will always be looking to play backwards. Now as a coach and you see that your player is struggling to execute your plan, a simple switch with Castagne would have solved the problem and not make our forays upfield so predictable. Another way to overcome the same problem is to work on him using his left foot in training. 

9 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Rodgers fault for a grown man behaving like a petulant 2 yr old? That was 100% maddisons fault for trying to cheat . I think those should be an automatic ban, might cut it out then

It should be a straight red card. Like you say, actually punishing players for cheating will stop it.