Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Crystal Palace post match 0-0

9 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Rodgers fault for a grown man behaving like a petulant 2 yr old? That was 100% maddisons fault for trying to cheat . I think those should be an automatic ban, might cut it out then

I was referring to the Forest match yellow - he could have picked up an injury, got a card, should have been subbed at 4 - 0.

l also hate the cheating and diving, no sympathy or shared blame there.

24 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

In the context of our season so far, sure you can take positives out of the game. You know things are bad when we are claiming a clean sheet against Palace, at home, as a positive. This Palace team is poor. They offered very little in attack and after 60 minutes they were clearly happy for the draw. 

I think Daka has significantly improved his all round game this season. Might be more obvious because everything else is shite. 

Jury is out on Soumare. Not quite sure what his role is. 

I agree with all of that. I think soumare is an altogether different type of player to ndid. He is not an enforcer or tackler. He Is decent at receiving and playing in tighter areas and can take the ball forward both by an incisive pass or by carrying it.  His positional play and work rate improving though. I’m seeing his value more. 

Watching the highlights this morning we created a lot of dangerous plays but we just didn’t get the final pass quite right or get a good strike away. Frustrating because on a normal day even this season we score on average one or two there. Palace were poor. Defensively we were better though even with amartey who actually, apart from a couple of poor moments wasn’t bad. Wout looked good again. We have been accustomed to madders being star of the show. He was still good just didn’t shine like he has been doing. I even thought youri had some good moments. Best thing was that you could see them all trying. Im very disappointed by the result but encouraged by the signs. 

• Like 2

Considering how the season has gone, yesterday wasn't a bad performance. Whether that was because Palace couldn't be bothered, I dont know, but we certainly looked more in control than at any time this season, apart from the Forest game. I think as long as Rodgers is here this is as good as its going to get. Apparently our average goal this season has been from over 18 yards, showing we create literally nothing close to goal.

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

Rodgers would be the worst man for a Championship season. He'd barely arsed about us in the Premier League, he probably couldn't name all the Championship clubs. 

Europa Conference League was beneath him until he found another story to sell.

Edited by ttfn

I thought we played well v palace. Jittery start then dominated without quite getting that final pass right. Maddison was over trying with southgate there but still played well. Soumare and Daka are both improving and Faes was great. So 4 points from the last 3 games is only ok but an improvement plus 2 clean sheets and no goals conceded from corners.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I thought we played well v palace. Jittery start then dominated without quite getting that final pass right. Maddison was over trying with southgate there but still played well. Soumare and Daka are both improving and Faes was great. So 4 points from the last 3 games is only ok but an improvement plus 2 clean sheets and no goals conceded from corn

I agree with the sentiment it is starting to look better. I suppose the context is in florist, bournemouth and palace we have played poorer quality teams than Spurs, Brighton etc so we should expect an uptick in performace. 

A fear is that this should on paper be our purple patch where we can climb the table and we've picked up 4/9 points so far and the gap has widened. We are drawing and dropping points to teams that are scrapping at the bottom.

Agree though that Faes played well and Daka looks sharp. 

Will it be enough. 

4 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Vardy isn’t done, he’s just playing in a shit team.

He's playing in the same team he played in last season. He's a year older, played 25% of last season's minutes, and yet scored zero goals when he should have buried 4-5. Would he be better in a side not managed by Rodgers? Possibly. The stats for 22/23 pretty much support my point as things stand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Looks like Pipes has had enough!

This sounds to me like he’s been critical of Rodgers so Radio Leicester have asked him to stop telling the truth / offering his opinion, so he has decided he has to take a break / leave.  

If so, what is the world coming to where someone can’t speak their mind.

Or have I read it wrong?  

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Europa Conference League was beneath him until he found another story to sell.

Another good point that I forgot about which can be added to the ever growing list of brand Brendan.

Talked a competition down which was his fault we ended up in anyway. Dropping 2 goal leads, losing to Warsaw and drawing with Moscow in abject performances that were too negative. Then finally losing to potentially the worst side Napoli have ever put out in Europe because we can’t defend.

And the deniers and delusional think he can turn this around 😂

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This sounds to me like he’s been critical of Rodgers so Radio Leicester have asked him to stop telling the truth / offering his opinion, so he has decided he has to take a break / leave.  

Gotta say I’m getting fed up on OPA’s pro Rodgers stance.

I hadn’t listened from about half way through last season, during the summer I decided to give it a listen, he opened the programme by saying along the line of “Rodgers will want to get back to playing his high press, intensity and fast play”.

You what? It’s not Brendan’s way, never has, never will.

I had to turn the radio off, it reminded me why I’d stopped listening.

Everyones entitled an opinion and if it genuinely is his opinion fair enough, but it seems he’s almost scared to be critical.

I’m usually quite willing to listen to other peoples opinion, even willing to accept their opinions and change mine, but I’m at the point of no fucks given now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Rodgers would be the worst man for a Championship season. He'd barely arsed about us in the Premier League, he probably couldn't name all the Championship clubs. 

Didn't he think Stockport were a part-time team as well or something after we played them?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Or have I read it wrong?  

He's been very critical on twitter and a bit more reserved on RL, still BR out but a bit more sitting on the fence, my reading of it is he's simply had enough and doesn't feel he can hold back when he can see what's happening at the club, he knows as we all do that the club does not turn it round until BR is sacked.

Wouldn't be surprised of course if Pipes has had a tap on the shoulder and been told to tone it down a bit, very disappointing if this is the case.

Edited by Tuna
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Didn’t go today as I went to the Coalville game. 

What was the crowd like ? Any Rodgers out chanting ?

There was more security and stewards at the end of the game than fans, not sure why the club thought it be necessary :whistle: 

6 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

There was more security and stewards at the end of the game than fans, not sure why the club thought it be necessary :whistle: 

Maybe they are continuing to mis-read and think the majority want him out/care what happens and are gonna protest!

Our lot are born to be mild I'd say. 😕

Guest Col city fan
16 hours ago, Nick said:

So I’ve had a beer now but on reflection…

Madders was outstanding to be fair.

Faes is a new cult hero.

Amartey goes from Pele to a pillar.

Castagne shouldn’t ever head a ball but got into good positions at the far post but didn’t deliver.

Daka isn’t Vardy circa 2014 but has pace but not the final boot.

KDH hmm. Steady.

Barnes is great but needs more in his locker as he’s too predictable. Needs people around him that can develop him as a weapon. Not seeing that right now.

Ward hmm.

Tielemans movement and some of his passing was premier league - the rest of his game not so much.

JJ - did okay but y’know needs bringing back up to his level and beyond.

Vardy - can’t even bring myself to write what I think I love him so much.

I have to stop now as I can’t see the keyboard on my phone very well.

Maddison was outstanding??

How many beers have you had?

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

He's playing in the same team he played in last season. He's a year older, played 25% of last season's minutes, and yet scored zero goals when he should have buried 4-5. Would he be better in a side not managed by Rodgers? Possibly. The stats for 22/23 pretty much support my point as things stand.

He could just be off form of course rather than it being an age thing or playing in a team low on confidence. The rest of the season will be pretty telling for Vardy though you feel and his biggest test since his first full season here under Big Nige ten years ago! 

• Like 1