Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Crystal Palace post match 0-0

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This sounds to me like he’s been critical of Rodgers so Radio Leicester have asked him to stop telling the truth / offering his opinion, so he has decided he has to take a break / leave.  

If so, what is the world coming to where someone can’t speak their mind.

Or have I read it wrong?  

He was always going to leave end of the season but on local radio you can't get away with saying what he has about the manager unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

He was always going to leave end of the season but on local radio you can't get away with saying what he has about the manager unfortunately. 

Hes leaving because he wants to spend more time with his son  who has aspirations of being a footballer. There is nothing sinister about his leaving at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Reading between the lines I’d say the BBC have put pressure on him to stand down or stop criticising Rodgers. 
A sad state of affairs if true.

Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if someone at the club had sent correspondence to the higher-ups at RL who are now applying pressure downwards on Piper et al to be more “balanced”, because they’re shitting themselves about having access revoked.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sishades said:

Hes leaving because he wants to spend more time with his son  who has aspirations of being a footballer. There is nothing sinister about his leaving at the end of the season.

Yeah I said he's not going because of this but he's also been told to hold back on his views of Brendan. 

19 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Understood, but ultimately Radio Leicester are undermining free speech. That cannot be right. 

In recent years they've not even been able to get a player interview because Stringer fell out with Pearson and it lasted for years. They're very consious of the relationship with the club. 

I was really shocked Piper was quite so vocal about it on the radio. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Not sure if it’s been said in the previous 16 pages, but did anyone hear Savage’s post game comments on BT yesterday?

What an absolute helmet of a man he is, suggesting who would be better than Rodgers to bring us back up if we went down ….. the likes of him and Lineker suggesting that we’re back to the same old yo-yo Leicester absolutely boils my p!ss. Regardless of how crap we look at the moment, we are much better than we are performing, and we are not the same club that yo-yo’d between the top 2 divisions in the mid/late 90’s and noughties.

Those pair fuel the MSM BS agenda that we are some kind of small club who should just be happy to be in the Prem 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

It's a disgrace but to be honest it's our own fault. The media as we all know only truly care about six clubs, it is what it is, but the longer we persist with this absolute nonsense the more it makes the rubbish they spout about us become the truth. We're acting like a small club who think we've won the lottery to be here. You could forgive this mindset a bit more after we'd just come up, but not after 9 years up of which we've won the league, finished 5th twice, and only outside the top half twice.

The outcry about the Ranieri thing was because of the backhandedness of a lot of the compliments we'd received that year (the team itself is still massively underrated) but ultimately, even though they acted horrified, in time people come to respect that we didn't just sit back and accept our plight, we stopped it and went again. We acted like an ambitious club.

The longer we allow a blatant spoofer like Brendan Rodgers to take the piss out of us the more we will be perceived as a tinpot joke club. People like Lineker have no excuse given he supports us albeit he just perpertuates the mainstream view on us rather than the LCFC view, but the rest of the others are going to be vindicated in their rubbish if we don't act and allow this madness to continue.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's a disgrace but to be honest it's our own fault. The media as we all know only truly care about six clubs, it is what it is, but the longer we persist with this absolute nonsense the more it makes the rubbish they spout about us become the truth.

I don't watch many live games on Sky or BT.  But on the rare occasions I do, the thing that I notice is the shocking level of so-called punditry.
(it's mostly the same on BBC highlights as well, come to think about it)

Most of them are clueless about what's been happening down at the City.  They mostly just trot out meaningless cliches, as they just can't be bothered to do a basic amount of research.

Take Saturday's BT "pundits" ...

Peter Crouch just laughs a lot and couldn't give a damn.  He's really just a lanky version of Ian Wright.  Comedy laugh-a-long.

Robbie Savage is, well Robbie Savage.   A bit of a harmless air-head.   A lifelong City fan when we'e doing well, and not so much of one when we're doing badly.

Joe Cole ... in fairness, he was actually trying to make a few valid points, in between Crouch and Savage's giggles.   Like when he was pointing out how Tielemans's form has been poor recently.

or take Saturday's MOTD ...

When asked by Gary Lineker what Brendan Rodgers is like having been coached by him, Ashley Williams trots out the old scripted narrative "really good coach, he's the man to get Leicester out of trouble".

There are a few exceptions.  The odd pundit who actually tries to see what's happening and explain it.  We might not agree with everything they say, but at least they're trying.  In my opinion Jermaine Jenus and Graeme Souness aren't too bad.  Danny Murphy isn't too bad either, although he's always trying to sell players to other clubs!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

So we’re now in a position where fans risk reprimand for voicing a completely inoffensive opinion in the ground and… a former player and journalist has left a job because of the same thing. 

This football club and the people within it are shameful and they should be embarrassed. 

The fans aswell.

I find it shocking that any premier league manager would start Amartey let along him being the start of all our attacks.  Against Bournemouth, in the first half Faes took charge and started the attacks.  The second half Rodger’s changed it to his default side to side, back repeat.

JJ offers nothing, the lad has been ruined.  There was a point where he called for the ball and straight away passes it back, this happened three times in a row then I saw him in the corner of the screen shrug to Barnes but he didn’t even look or attempt to do anything even though he had time.

46 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

I find it shocking that any premier league manager would start Amartey let along him being the start of all our attacks.  Against Bournemouth, in the first half Faes took charge and started the attacks.  The second half Rodger’s changed it to his default side to side, back repeat.

JJ offers nothing, the lad has been ruined.  There was a point where he called for the ball and straight away passes it back, this happened three times in a row then I saw him in the corner of the screen shrug to Barnes but he didn’t even look or attempt to do anything even though he had time.

Rodgers ball at it's best. Take no risks... unless it's right in front of your box.