Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Crystal Palace post match 0-0

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Poor level.of Rodgers out protesr at the end drowned out by tannoy.

We must do better if we want him out 

It shouldn't be up to the supporters, our board need to take action.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, J. James said:

Watching on tv there was zero evidence of the fans wanting Rodgers out!

All the talk on here about banners, chants and protests is nothing but air.

It's perfectly clear to me that we on FT are a tiny minority of Rodgers out opinions.

Doesn't make us wrong but  it does make the boards decision not to sack him look justifable.

Can't see a way out of this now. ☹️

There were quite a few chants of "we want Rodgers out from the east stand and a banner from Union FS

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, martyn said:

I don't think that performance can be faulted too much in isolation, the effort and aggression was there all over the pitch, especially 2nd half. I think that's why there was a muted reaction at the end from the crowd in attendance, the performance wasn't poor enough to elicit a toxic atmosphere.

These are the games where you need a Maddison or a Barnes not to fluff their lines when they get the chances like they did today.

Having said that, these games you absolutely have to win in our circumstances. Familiar fragilities will rear their head in upcoming games, simply because we don't have a consistently solid, reliable base to work from tactically and mentally. Teams like Palace have that to a degree, so whilst they were completely awful today, they are solid enough generally to pick up points over a season given their attacking talent. We also have that talent, but it's no use when you are mostly like a sieve defensively.

Excellent post mate and spot on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Forgot we were playing, crap as usual?

Palace brought no ambition, and we were comfortably the better side, but wasteful in front of goal.

Maddison unfortunately picked the one day the rest played decently, to have his first stinker of the season.

• Thanks 1

While I think we need a change of direction manager wise, this was not a terrible performance - we restricted them to one shot on target and looked more dangerous than them for most of the game. Their keeper played well.

I know you're all sad, but perhaps a bit too blinkered now to actually watch the games properly?

Wout looked good and Justin and Castagne were fine - it's also only the 2nd league game we haven't scored in - might be clutching at straws but you'd think we'd got beat 7-0 from the reaction here.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Joe Cole still has velcro on his shoes, thick as mince. He'd not be saying that if West Ham were this shite.

The media/pundits have no interest or understanding of anything outside of the top 4/6. 

They are blind.

• Like 1