Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Crystal Palace post match 0-0

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

Why is the ground not furiously angry at this? We’re getting to the stage where as fans we are partially to blame as to why this idiot is still in charge. 

I agree. Couldn't even get a chant of "we want Rodgers out" going after the final whistle. Feels like everyone has given up and waiting for us to be relegated, just like the hierarchy at the club. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

28 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I am not even convinced that’ll help anymore - way too much uncertainty around. Manager, players out of contract/looking to leave - all feels like such a mess 

I still feel there will be a massive increase in point return when he goes, if that is just a short term fix, we can repair and start building. 

27 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

They didn't at any point make an attempt to win the game. They were extremely happy to sit in and keep the 0-0. Any other team shoots in positions they played it around in and with our keeper most likely score. They didn't even test him. 

They got what they came for and didn't break a sweat to get it. If they had wanted to come and win today they would have. 

....you can see Viera getting the push before Rodgers!!!

All that talent is available and they put out this kind of performance, if they came for a draw against us then, if I was a Palace fan, I would be worried.

43 minutes ago, J. James said:

Watching on tv there was zero evidence of the fans wanting Rodgers out!

All the talk on here about banners, chants and protests is nothing but air.

It's perfectly clear to me that we on FT are a tiny minority of Rodgers out opinions.

Doesn't make us wrong but  it does make the boards decision not to sack him look justifable.

Can't see a way out of this now. ☹️

No sign at all, you're right

7ltt56.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fans supported the team and although it wasn’t exactly inspiring, compared to recent matches it was solid. It certainly wasn’t embarrassing like some are saying and it wasn’t really the moment for a full

on protest.

People recognise it was a better defensive performance and the players gave everything even if it wasn’t a great result.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....you can see Viera getting the push before Rodgers!!!

All that talent is available and they put out this kind of performance, if they came for a draw against us then, if I was a Palace fan, I would be worried.

You can see guardiola getting the push before Rodgers. Blokes untouchable apparently. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Flat

No loud discontent though 

Our fans are pretty poor tbh 

Well I did my best with my ‘ Rodgers out’ placard at the end. Was met with puzzled looks and one chap who decided to give me what for as he left. I was told I was an embarrassment and to grow up as he continually gave me the V sign as he headed down the steps ( oh the irony).

Sleepwalking to the Championship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian S said:

Well I did my best with my ‘ Rodgers out’ placard at the end. Was met with puzzled looks and one chap who decided to give me what for as he left. I was told I was an embarrassment and to grow up as he continually gave me the V sign as he headed down the steps ( oh the irony).

Sleepwalking to the Championship.

Well done Ian 

Can I ask when and it seems a lot on here believe at some point we used to play like Barcelona, when was that?

Im not sure why a vast majority and the pundits thought that was a snooze fest because that is the standard of Premiership football for 14-15 teams in the league or do you believe a STH v BMTH, Villa v Wolves or the Brentford v Brighton last night was any better or was it just because a side that had 3 shots on target scored with 2 of them which weirdly for us if we won like that would become a negative with xG getting quoted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mike1983 said:

Getting a clean sheet with our shit defense and Ward in the goal is an achievement that rivals our FA cup win.

Against decent competition I'd agree with you but Palace offered absolutely nothing up front today. Frustrating that they can be so tricky to break down. 

• Like 1

Terrible game against a piss poor side. Brendan clueless again with his subs. Sort of result that gets you relegated. Can't see where the next win is coming from. If we can't beat a side who looked completely uninterested then what hope have we get. 

****ing clapped off at the end. Unbelievable 

I have to say I was utterly disgusted by the general reaction at full time.

I sit in H1 and joined in with the Rodgers out chants. Apart from

one guy a few seats away from me, nobody joined it, and people were looking at me like I had to heads and giving me dirty looks as I was jumping up and down trying my best to make it catch on.

Fans are half the problem. Huge changes needed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Just got back and ran myself an ice bath.

Thought I’d passed out of boredom during the game but turns out it was just the heat.

Well observed. Our great leader was explaining at 16c how immensely hot it was for our players - they didn’t even have a drinks break 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Haha 1