Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leeds Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I genuinely think this is part of the problem.

Many Leicester fans seem to be such an embarrassing bunch of happy clappers that a large proportion will literally sit and clap off the players on the day of the season when we get relegated.

Since when did the Leicester faithful become such a bunch of soft sods?

There should now be banners up all over the place and such a clear demonstration of discontent so as to rouse Top to at least try to stop this rot!

But there’s not much at all… we are rooted to the bottom of the league, having sold our best defender, with seemingly no funds to improve the squad. Yet the majority sit in silence…

This wouldn’t have happened when I was a yoof.. genuinely.

Happily, the majority of supporters are mature and not some juvenile knee-jerk reactionaries. Most adult supporters know we have seen this all before and recognize the ups and downs of football. Any silly banners are in themselves embarrassing and will serve no purpose whatsoever. 

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Happily, the majority of supporters are mature and not some juvenile knee-jerk reactionaries. Most adult supporters know we have seen this all before and recognize the ups and downs of football. Any silly banners are in themselves embarrassing and will serve no purpose whatsoever. 

I wouldn’t exactly call it knee-jerk, we have been in a persistent state of decline for about two years with no signs of it abating. If anything, it feels like things will have to get far worse before they get any better. 

I appreciate your stoic attitude but this isn’t a case where stoicism applies. If we can rectify the situation (which we can), then we should probably do something to help bring about the solution. Various forms of protest therefore become reasonable at different junctures. It doesn’t have to be juvenile for it to be an expression of discontent and supporters are entitled to express discontent in my view, especially if others should be applauded for supporting the decline.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I’m sorry, Knee-jerk?!!

If you ask me as a fanbase we’ve been extremely patient and it’s quite clear the happy clappers are going to be a lot more patient for the foreseeable.

:appl::clap::appl::clap:

Don’t sweat it, I can assure you nothing will happen tonight.

Unfortunately.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

That time again then 

I'm not watching it this time - the tears just knacker my vision for at least half an hour!!

Back in the day (Revie / Bremner / Grey) they always beat us, but recently - probably since this video - we have a brilliant record against them.

No doubt Our Brendan can ruin that one, too!

12 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If Brendan has any sense, he'll go at them tonight. Attack and play to our strengths. If we get done on the counter so be it.

Fans will turn and rightly so if we are passing it round the back.

Another cagey 0-0 won't cut it this time.

Not in his philosophy, not how he sees how the game ‘should’ be played.

Come on, we know all this.

FWIW what I’ve gauged recently is the majority of our fans love sideways and backwards passes round the back? :appl::clap:

Anyone who dares to shout otherwise gets snotty, dirty, scowling looks from them whilst they’re sat there clapping.

Football snobbery from Rodgers, throughout the club, to the fans. 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If Brendan has any sense, he'll go at them tonight. Attack and play to our strengths. If we get done on the counter so be it.

Just try something different. We have so many injuries/suspensions, and I am sure he will just shove squares into triangular holes. 

39 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

That's what we should do, but we all know Brendan's not going to show any ambition. He's going to play one up top and expect 100+ passes between the CBs and GK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Any chance at all that we can resemble a motivated and competent team tonight? Say it is so?

I can’t see that we show the intensity we did against forest 

and Leeds will do because that’s their DNA

we could get lucky - if we don’t get lucky then I expect a loss 

'I thought we played well, against a fantastic Leeds side. It's never easy to come to our own ground and get something. I thought we controlled the game in the first 13 minutes and the 7 minutes before half time. It's an old, inexperienced team and I think that worked against us. Our individual mistakes lacked a bit of quality, that's all it was. Our socks were a little tight which is always tough. Two players have been singled out for damning personal criticism which I'll issue in my Match of the Day interview. I have the full backing of the owner, even though I don't care about that and respect him very much'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2