Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leeds Pre-Match Thread

28 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Mendy in for Soumare please, that's all I'm asking, I can't sit through 90 minutes of his attempt at being a midfielder again

Onvs we should drop Mr 50% himself, Ward. 2 shots kn target, regardless of quality, gets them a goal. 4 = 2 goals. 

Add Mendy and Praet to the midfield and we have structure from the get go. 

Decision then is which 2 up top - I'd go Kels and Vards and look to Barnes to stretch game if by some chance we are ahead ,(or level) after an hour 

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Working out realistically whether I can be arsed to go to this. Awful kick off time, hour journey, another pathetic performance. What have we become really? 

Haha was just thinking the same thing. Sitting here working from home looking out the window at the rain and thinking I could just watch it on prime and then turn over to taskmaster when we're inevitably losing.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 2

Vardy was very important to our early pressing against Forest and i think it will be the same here also. If it isn't working it's great to have Daka off the bench. We really should have too much going forward for them. It's vital we get the first goal and put the pressure on like that game.

11 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Vardy was very important to our early pressing against Forest and i think it will be the same here also. If it isn't working it's great to have Daka off the bench. We really should have too much going forward for them. It's vital we get the first goal and put the pressure on like that game.

Leeds are a damn site better than Forest and currently us at the moment. One upfront is like pulling your hair out you cannot expect Vardy to press to the same level as he has done before , playing two upfront is the way to go. Brendan’s treatment of Nacho is a disgrace.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Game is crying out for nacho and direct forward thinking… 

id actually play Barnes left MA right with nacho in behind Daka

we are the home team, nothing less than a win

I like it, but can't see this one being sanctioned by little Bren

• Like 1

I'd go for a 4-4-2 diamond with this.

Ward

Castagne Amartey Faes Justin

Soumare

Praet               KDH

Perez

Iheanacho Daka

Then bring on Tielemans and Barnes to unlock Leeds as they tire.

Although if I'm allowed to dream a bit, I'd quite like this:

Iversen

Castagne Amartey Faes Justin

Praet Soumare KDH

Alves Daka Barnes

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Praet is interesting 

we played a few games a couple seasons ago with him on the right of midfield and it went well …… but that was a lifetime ago! 

Praet should be playing on the right permanently, allowing Maddison to move back to CM.

He was really good there before he got that injury vs. Stoke in the FA cup - him, Castagne and Tielemans all linked up great (Belgian connection etc.)

I think he's criminally underrated by folks on here, one of our better players in my eyes. His stats aren't amazing by any stretch so that argument is valid, when he plays though I feel we move the ball through the pitch much quicker.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

If it weren’t for the fact that I have my brothers ticket and meeting him before the game, I think I’d be staying at home today. 8:15 kick off is awful. 

Absolutely grim isn't it. 

Worse for those who aren't local. Once again the broadcasting companies calling the shots with fvck all consideration for fans. 

I am currently in Florence, Italy and thus my Season Ticket seat will be unoccupied for this game.  I am resisting the urge to keep updated remotely when the game starts as its nice here and I don't want to spoil a balmy and very pleasant italian evening.. having said that, seeing the state of the nation today, I'm also resisting the urge to return to the UK at all!!

Obviously I will, but jeez it's depressing!!

Edited by ScotFox1