Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leeds Pre-Match Thread

Other than against Arsenal at the weekend (which they still lost) I don’t think Leeds have had a good or even decent overall performance for a while really

Last one was probably Chelsea 2nd game of the season

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Other than against Arsenal at the weekend (which they still lost) I don’t think Leeds have had a good or even decent overall performance for a while really

So you're saying we have a chance at a 0-0.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I still think Leeds will be in a relegation battle. Had an okay start but now being shown. Battered at Brentford and Brentford aren't even a good side.

Can't stand their manager either, another manager who will be happily coming onto the pitch and then labelling it as passion.

Think we'll win this.

Marsch will likely show us too much respect early doors which should mean we create a few decent chances. With Brendan knowing his perfect media image is starting to be tainted, he might even try and do his bit to help us not blow our likely half time lead.

I hope Leeds turn us over as it might elicit some kind of passion and emotion from the masses of clapping zombies.

Conceded 1 goal at home in the 1st half all season. Collapses vs Brentford and Southampton in the final quarters of the games have really sabotaged our season and our demise, our away form has been dog shit for ages but this is the state of our decline now, we are leaving no stone unturned in our ability to throw points away.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

You are an absolute embarrassment

Think you'll find what you're looking for here: https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php

Why's that? 

If you're backing the current failing regime then fair play, but I want what's best for the long term future of my club. I'm really not interested in quick fixes and ignoring the obvious.

It's bad enough that a win against a poor Forest has convinced enough people that Rodgers is the man for the job. I'd rather them not wait too long to accept the obvious and rescue us from the inevitable. Every point/win looks good short term but it's prolonging the position of the person that will ultimately be responsible for putting this club in serious trouble.

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Why's that? 

If you're backing the current failing regime then fair play, but I want what's best for the long term future of my club. I'm really not interested in quick fixes and ignoring the obvious.

It's bad enough that a win against a poor Forest has convinced enough people that Rodgers is the man for the job. I'd rather them not wait too long to accept the obvious and rescue us from the inevitable. Every point/win looks good short term but it's prolonging the position of the person that will ultimately be responsible for putting this club in serious trouble.

No I support my football team. If you want us to lose, then I call into question your support of the team, it's as simple as that. Quite frankly it's insulting to all of us here, we have so called "fans" that want the team to lose. I don't care if you believe a drubbing and sacking mean our long term future is better (it's not by the way, you like I have no idea how it will go. Remember our last actual relegation had 3 perm managers by the end of the season.) You get behind the team and you want us to win, or go and support Manchester United.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedSoxUK said:

No I support my football team. If you want us to lose, then I call into question your support of the team, it's as simple as that. Quite frankly it's insulting to all of us here, we have so called "fans" that want the team to lose. I don't care if you believe a drubbing and sacking mean our long term future is better (it's not by the way, you like I have no idea how it will go. Remember our last actual relegation had 3 perm managers by the end of the season.) You get behind the team and you want us to win, or go and support Manchester United.

image.jpeg.b3efd2e5b6d5f3bde14873f4b4d59757.jpeg

I can't support that man. I refuse to support that man. If the club are willing to stick with him then so be it. I'll still be here when he's gone and blaming everyone but himself, whatever league he leaves us in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I can't support that man. I refuse to support that man. If the club are willing to stick with him then so be it. I'll still be here when he's gone and blaming everyone but himself, whatever league he leaves us in.

You support Leicester. No one manager or player. We are bigger than any one person. I don't get the mentality of wanting us to lose. Losing Thursday could quite easily be the difference between going down or not now. I can't imagine ever wanting us to do anything other than win. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

Also @filbertway this isn't the first time you've said this, you wanted Crystal Palace to beat us. I'm so sorry we got one point more than you wanted.

Perhaps rethink your stance here because it's disturbing.

I've watched Leicester play some honking stuff over the years and would go week in week out.

I've stood in the rain with about 15 people watching Coalville in the 10th tier lose 3-0 to a team that had lost 7-0 and 10-1 the weeks before. I'm not in football for the glory, though the rare few rays of light are enjoyable. All I expect are standards and the club to try the best they can to make the most of their situation.

I'm not going to stand by and accept the club underperforming because the higher ups have some weird infatuation with a man that would sell them out in an instant if given the chance. The guy has been taking us backwards to a point now where fans are unbelievably very accepting of having 5 points from 10 games. It's mental lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

What's that man got to do with anything? Supporting Leicester is the entire point. You can show your displeasure at the form and losing sure, especially if we should win. But wanting the lads to lose is ridiculous. Imagine if the players felt the same.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I've watched Leicester play some honking stuff over the years and would go week in week out.

I've stood in the rain with about 15 people watching Coalville in the 10th tier lose 3-0 to a team that had lost 7-0 and 10-1 the weeks before. I'm not in football for the glory, though the rare few rays of light are enjoyable. All I expect are standards and the club to try the best they can to make the most of their situation.

I'm not going to stand by and accept the club underperforming because the higher ups have some weird infatuation with a man that would sell them out in an instant if given the chance. The guy has been taking us backwards to a point now where fans are unbelievably very accepting of having 5 points from 10 games. It's mental lol

Again, that's nothing to do with wanting us to lose. I can't understand anyone that doesn't want us to win.

1 minute ago, RedSoxUK said:

What's that man got to do with anything? Supporting Leicester is the entire point. You can show your displeasure at the form and losing sure, especially if we should win. But wanting the lads to lose is ridiculous. Imagine if the players felt the same.

The fans are in a malaise it sounds to me. If the fans actually showed some displeasure at the games then I'd happily back the players for 90. If the only way to get the general crowd on Rodgers back is for us to be losing (which it seems to be the case from what I'm seeing and hearing) then that's something I'm willing to see.

Unfortunately the average match going fan is reactive and fickle and will only react to what they're seeing. Fair play to pockets of fans for showing their displeasure after the Palace game, but it's clearly not enough.

Losing away is pointless as already shown. So I hope we go and turn over Everton and West Ham :D

I dno man. The longer he's here, the greater the chance of relegation. The longer we continue to pick up points at a rate of 0.5-1 a game the longer. For me at least it's hard to want to see that continue for the pleasure of a short term fix.

Appreciate you not resorting to personal abuse (other than saying I should support Forest ;) haha) It's not an opinion that gives me any joy, but it's how I feel and I don't think I can be budged unless I see evidence of it happening and then not working. I wanted the Forest win for the short term reason and now it just feels like it's prolonged the suffering.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Not surprised given our current run of form, it's mid week, on tv and during half term. With lots of people are struggling financially. 

most of the row behind me was empty Saturday