Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leeds Pre-Match Thread

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I've said before I can deal with us being shit, I go to football as it's my hobby, my entertainment, my escapism, I can't deal with being bored out of my mind as I have been for 2 years, I can't deal with playing a nonsense style, a 'brand' (Blughhhh) of football I cannot get behind, the fact the club have allowed him to overstay his welcome by 18 month - 2 years.

That is why fans are refusing to go, because of the club making or allowing him to be bigger than the club, because of Rodgers.

Matt, l agree with virtually all of this, we wouldn't continue watching... say.. a Netflix series we found boring or depressing, but sadly the bit l dont see borne out by evidence is the "fans refusing to go" bit or even protesting.

Some activities become less entertainment and more habitual for lots of folk and who's to say that's a bad thing (for them),  those folk are passive and like many followers of the various one true gods willing to accept what they are told and not "cause a fuss".

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought Tielemans was an absolute disgrace vs Palace. Given they had absolutely no interest in pressing, he was so sloppy in possession, he's usually at his best when teams back off him. A real smack in the gob to the rest of the squad who get overlooked to be stand in captain to a player who cannot wait to leave us on a free in the summer.

I'd drop him for Thursday. I really want Braybrooke to be given a go but imagine Mendy and Braybrooke as a midfield pairing 😂😂😂😂

I would like to see Braybrooke.

I didn't think Tielemans was a disgrace on Sarturday.  I was surprised he was taken off.  I felt the game was opening up for him.  He seemed to be finding pockets of space and was playing some decent passes.   Having said that, the subs did pretty well .

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

Cags had an issue with his knee but was fit enough Saturday to be on the bench? total bollocks

Sounds like Evans has been playing through an injury and we have previous for that kind if thing, so Cags being on the bench whilst having a knee issue wouldn’t be that surprising

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, J. James said:

Sutton has us down for a seeing to without Madders... 😕

The good news is he more often than not gets it wrong...

The bad news is he always over rates us!

If Rodgers' team selection is what l expect, l think he maybe correct. ☹️

Wouldn't say Sutton overrates us, he's been bitter about us ever since Rodgers left Celtic for us and barely misses an opportunity to put Leicester down. His 1-4 prediction doesn't surprise me in the slightest

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Change formation?

“I haven’t thought so much about changing the system. A lot of what I’ve seen in the system has worked well for us.”

It really hasn't we have one win in 10

One upfront is magic lol clueless insert whatever word you want.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Change formation?

“I haven’t thought so much about changing the system. A lot of what I’ve seen in the system has worked well for us.”

It really hasn't we have one win in 10

Is winning matches included in this "a lot", is the question I wish had been asked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Brendan Rodgers Pre-Match Press Conference vs Leeds

Team news?

“Jonny won’t make the game. We’ll see how he is for the weekend. Cags he’s got an issue with his knee. He’s had it since he came back from international duty. He has had a scan. We think he’ll miss the game.”

Maddison?

“It’s an opportunity for someone else to come in. He’s been a creative force and it’s his work-rate as well. He offers more than goals and creativity. We have other players who have an opportunity to come in.”

Results affect players?

“No. It’s been slow progress. We’ve kept two clean sheets in our last two home games and defended the transition much better. It’s now about attacking the box much better. I can see the confidence in the team. From a management perspective, it’s the job. I’ve always felt we would make progress as the season went on.”

Pressure?

“It’s all the narrative that is out there. My only focus is on the game. I know the storyline and I know what the narrative wants to be. My dedication is only with the team. I respect the views of fans and opinions that will come when you don’t win games. My focus is purely on improving the team.”

Top?

“I don’t tend to see him much after games. We all have the same aim, which is to get the team climbing up the table.”

Top expressed any doubts?

“No.”

Next games?

“We felt we deserved to win the game against Palace. We didn’t concede so much and we created some opportunities, but I wanted to see a greater desire to score more goals. I’ve got no qualms with the players’ effort. That’s what we’ll look to bring.”

Klopp red card?

“It’s a very passionate game and from time to time, they will come out on the side of the field. The big games, Liverpool v Man City is a huge game and there is an intensity on the field and off it. We all have that responsibility as managers and coaches to uphold the values of the game.”

Leeds?

“Jesse came in towards the end of last season and kept them up. They’ve changed half the team and there’s a lot to like about them. The players fit how Jesse wants to play. They play with intensity and make it difficult for you. They will be a dangerous opponent.”

Two victories will change mood?

“We just want to look to the next game. If we can defend with the same aggression and mentality and then take more risk to get in, we have a chance of winning. I know a lot of people look at the result, but we had a decent performance. You’re looking to get that winning feeling back.”

Ruthlessness?

“I thought from a defensive perspective, we were solid and tight. We only conceded one chance where Danny made a really good save. It’s picking the right pass in the right moment. We’re at a level now where just flashing it across the goal is not enough. You need to have more quality. We need to get in the box more. That’s about desire to get in there.”

Wouldn’t know team is in this position? Players positive?

“The only way you get back to your level is by being as positive as we can, reinforcing the areas we need to be better in, but always looking to progress. There’s only one way to improve and that’s to have optimism. We don’t want to go in flat.”

Wout Faes?

“Yeah, he was excellent. He’s settling in really well. He’s shown his qualities. It doesn’t surprise in terms of his qualities. He’s aggressive in the air, he defends forward, he’s got a good passing range. Those leadership qualities are important. You don’t need to know the club for 10 years to be a leader. He has a quiet assurance about him. He plays with experience, even though he’s only 24. He brings authority on the training ground and takes that onto the field.”

Maddison hole?

“He's clearly an outstanding talent. Our team is based around the collective. We’ll play the best team to win the game. It opens the door for somebody else and bring their qualities. James wold be a miss from any team and he is bitterly disappointed.”

Change formation?

“I haven’t thought so much about changing the system. A lot of what I’ve seen in the system has worked well for us.”

Fascinating, Brendan's sliding scales of experience. He's happy to boast that individual players don't need to be here 10 years to show leadership and experience and Faes in his opinion has shown that already but Rodgers will regularly trot out this largely same squad he's had for 4 years lacks experience.

One for the contradictions thread? I think the man is confused.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fascinating, Brendan's sliding scales of experience. He's happy to boast that individual players don't need to be here 10 years to show leadership and experience and Faes in his opinion has shown that already but Rodgers will regularly trot out this largely same squad he's had for 4 years lacks experience.

Probably still suffering from heat stroke to be fair to him. His lips must be like the Sahara this week

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not confused. He just doesn't mean anything that he says. Most disingenuous bloke out there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

One upfront is magic lol clueless insert whatever word you want.

astonishing tbh, so we are going to go with the 4 CMs and 1 forward for the rest of the season, that would leave us on about 16 points, 20 points at a push come the end of the campaign.