Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leeds Pre-Match Thread

We will be welcoming Bhangra dancers and Dhol drummers to King Power Stadium on Thursday as part of our Diwali celebrations

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Braybrooke debut as a last ditch attempt to give reason to keep his job.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

"I've got a great track record of bringing young players through at this club, which was the main priority when coming here."

Thomas is the only youngster I can think of 

brunt got on as a sub last season 

KDH and VDC are too old to be classed as young 

so that’s one academy player ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Thanks, hadn't seen that. Makes you wonder how he made the bench Saturday then, surely better to use our potential u23 debutant rather than risk further injury. 

Especially as Rodgers is now saying he's had this problem since the International break.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You don't think that'd stop him do you? :D

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Luke Thomas - 64 appearances, 59 starts, 5213 minutes total

Vontae Daley-Campbell - 3 appearances, 3 starts in FA Cup and League Cup, 208 minutes total

Lewis Brunt - 2 appearances, 1 start vs Watford in FA Cup, 113 minutes total

Sidnei Tavares - 3 appearances, 1 start vs Brighton in the League, 95 minutes total

Wanya Marcal Madivadua - 1 sub appearance, 45 minutes

Kasey McAteer - 2 sub appearances, 18 minutes total

George Hirst - 2 sub appearances, 9 minutes total

Khanya Leshabela - 1 sub appearance, 9 minutes

Will Alves - 1 sub appearance, 4 minutes

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Struijk out for Leeds. Quite a big blow for them as he's been good in their defence. 

The silver lining for them is that he was playing LB, and we don't have a right winger so they could put anyone there to replace him and they won't be troubled... 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

VDC was nineteen / twenty when Rodgers played him, so he does count as a youngster. Having said that, he was so out of his depth. 

He was a league 2 / non league player (at best) and had PL footballers running at him. One thing giving youth a chance, but it’s another thing when you completely misjudge their ability and throw them in at the deep end.

4 hours ago, davieG said:

We will be welcoming Bhangra dancers and Dhol drummers to King Power Stadium on Thursday as part of our Diwali celebrations

Whatever it takes to get 3 points please! Has Top flown the Buddhist monks in too?

There are other ways to freshen things up if we can’t bring in new players mr Rogers.

ted lasso style someone needs to plaster the walls of the changing room with #FEARLESS and #FOXESNEVERQUIT

everyone needs to be reminded of who we are and where we’ve come from as well as what we’ve achieved. Stand up and fight!

if that doesn’t work bring in the kids from the Royal infarmaries cancer ward so the team can see what real courage & determination looks like! That should motivate them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

VDC was nineteen / twenty when Rodgers played him, so he does count as a youngster. Having said that, he was so out of his depth. 

He was a league 2 / non league player (at best) and had PL footballers running at him. One thing giving youth a chance, but it’s another thing when you completely misjudge their ability and throw them in at the deep end.

The two young players that rodgers has played (apart from Thomas) , brunt and VDC are physically strong. Thomas clearly wasn’t but rodgers was backed into  a corner at the end of that season when chilly was injured and he had no other cover 

it does seem to me that Brendan isn’t prepared to let a youngster be bullied - so he doesn’t get a chance at all 

plenty of other clubs are playing 18 and 19 y o kids 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Whatever it takes to get 3 points please! Has Top flown the Buddhist monks in too?

There are other ways to freshen things up if we can’t bring in new players mr Rogers.

ted lasso style someone needs to plaster the walls of the changing room with #FEARLESS and #FOXESNEVERQUIT

everyone needs to be reminded of who we are and where we’ve come from as well as what we’ve achieved. Stand up and fight!

if that doesn’t work bring in the kids from the Royal infarmaries cancer ward so the team can see what real courage & determination looks like! That should motivate them. 

They were approached but replied that they were monks, not miracle workers …..

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

They were approached but replied that they were monks, not miracle workers …..

"Dear sacred Monks, who have guided my family for generations, I beg to give a mere mortal like myself the ethereal guidance in these trying time, I beg three to shine the universe's eternal and infinite light, to give just a minuscule fraction of the universe's loving light in order to give our eternally grateful club the slightest of guidance."

"Hang on Top, sure. I'll give him a bell. Yeah. He says you're bottom of the league and doing worse than Forest and they are dogshit. Let me know if you need any more of the universe's guidance."

"Hmm! So cryptic! I'll contemplate on what this means!"

Is this Brendan's last chance or are we going to let his tiny little hands submerge us at the bottom league for a couple of more games before we again fail to sack him? I wish there was some kind of transparency.