Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

LCFC vs Leeds - Match Thread

I thought we were really poor until our second goal. Leeds were sharper, more aggressive and playing round us too easily. Two defensive errors from Leeds created our goals.

We were much better towards the end of the half, but I'm still not convinced.

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I love that for how bad it’s been this season we’ve scored more than both Chelsea and Man Utd in fourth and fifth. If we can tighten up at the back, we really can push up the league. 

According to Rodgers, we would be lucky to get 40 points because of the “difficult” summer we had and by necessary implication because the squad is sh*t and the problem is solely with our owners.

I commented in a post a week or two ago why we have been so leaky - basically because of Rodgers’s tactics (ironic).

• Like 1

I'm definitely in the glass half full camp when it comes to this forum but let's be honest, we've been awful for the majority of the half but so have Leeds. The difference, as it has been for the past year when we're winning is that there tends to be a big gulf in quality between us and the opposition when we get it going. Fantastic second goal.

Youri by far and away the best player on the pitch, Soumare much better and KDH good. I actually don't think praet has been as good as other people on here are saying but having a bit of balance with someone sticking on the right has worked really well. The decision not to sign a right winger in the transfer market still baffles me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bourbon Fox said:

This is the fear.

He needs to send them out to grab this game by the throat and keep going until it's dead

Agreed, Leeds are wretched at the back and we could easily get another goal or 2 if we keep the pressure up. In previous years we would always love being in the lead and then bringing teams out a bit more 2nd half and then using Vardys pace to counter but Vardy obviously doesn't have the same impact on the counter as his pace has dropped. I'd consider putting Daka on after about 60 mins and giving their defence something different to think about 

• Like 1