Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

28 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Have a day off man, no one dislikes or thinks Iheanacho is crap they can just acknowledge we won't get the best out of Daka with our form or how we've played this season. 

I know tonnes of people who think he's crap; just have a look at the state of this forum normally.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

100% our first choice forward right now. People say some weird things about him but if you look at the stats he’s a goal involvement machine. Pleased for him. 

Absolutely this. He has limitations. But he is easily the most influential forward we have right now. Vardy and Daka have virtually no impact, currently. One of them is unlikely to get better. One of them might not have a ‘better’ to aspire to. No-brainer, therefore. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexFT said:

Goal and two assists, only makes the case stronger for him to be playing more. BR has explained why he hasn’t, but can’t help thinking we’ve missed out not playing Kelechi enough. Yes he has his downfalls but seems to me to have more of an influence than Daka and probably the better option (at least for the time being). Not to say Patson isn’t more suited to certain games but I’m yet to be fully convinced. We need more from him in my opinion. 

Just to add to this, Iheanacho ended 2020/21 as the club's top goalscorer but since then must feel hard done by in terms of game time. At the same time though, it's obviously been tactical as well with the right winger situation.

Edited by AlexFT

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

The main question is why the **** has Nacho been sat watching for most of the season?! 

Get quality wide players and attacking midfield options around him and he will find them and score goals himself

You’ve kind off answered your own question we’ve not had quality wide players to get around him . 

1 minute ago, taupe said:

Nah, I get what's being said. As @foxfanazerjust said, Nacho makes stuff happen but can equally look like he has clown feet. Enigma is the word. 

Yeah but he doesn’t miss bread and butter chances, to the extent that it’s worth a mention alone. If that’s the case, Vardy and Daka do. He’s unpredictable and an enigma sure, but these words should be understood with positive connotations , rather than negative.

• Like 2

Just now, baldeagle said:

You’ve kind off answered your own question we’ve not had quality wide players to get around him . 

Kind of, but not really.

I agree in part re. quality wide players but Nacho's minutes this season have been criminally low regardless. We were using Barnes and Maddison on the wings for large chunks of the season, and I think Nacho would link up better with them than Daka has, particularly as we've spent most of the season struggling to build from midfield/wide areas into meaningful attacks that lead to clear cut chances. Nacho helps that far more than Daka, and arguably more than Vardy.

has to start. has been weirdly frozen out at times even though his stats say he's our best shot as actually making things happen in the opposition box. 

can't fault his application, spends months in the cold and comes into games / cup games and does the business. 

miles ahead of vardy and daka.