Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Not having a dig at you, and I am sure you are a great player mate, but check out those stats above before you try to compare yourself to a player with these stats in the PL. Btw, I read someone said that we cannot rely on stats but these are stats for GOALs and ASSISTs. Also, watch him play too.

But I think he is too nice of a guy and in training he might be too gentle. So maybe you are on to something there. This is why I like to see him be a bit more selfish and be backed to do so by the fans even if it means he misses a few. Remember what Kasper said about Nacho - one of the trickiest and smartest players in front of goal he has faced. 

over-my-head-no.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Just watched some of the game. The amount of times he loses control of the ball or falls over by himself when there is no pressure on him, is irritating. 

When there is no pressure? Really. There were a couple of times he was sloppy but other times he was given the ball where he could do nothing with it. He'll make these mistakes anyway because that's how he is but in this system, anyone will be doing that.

Plenty of times he held the ball up brilliantly and his assist came from a fantastic piece of play.

• Like 1

Always been a fan of him but at what point can we question whether he should be starting?

He’s looked pretty toothless so far this season and that chance that he hit straight at the defender when he had the whole goal to win at and the keeper out of the picture stunk of a player severely lacking confidence.

I wonder whether Cannon will come straight in for him 

1 minute ago, nettle said:

This guy isn't getting anyway near 20+ goals this season. I reckon he wears rubber boots and his work rate is shite

He never was. People saying players like him were gonna “rip the league”. Not sure they’ve seen Championship football.

I have been hearing he will score goals with a run of games for the past three seasons. 

I’ve seen more effort in a school team.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Thought his hold up play was generally excellent today.

It really wasn’t. Bouncing off him and nothing of much note. What was he up to for the goal opportunity? They gave it offside but at the time I didn’t think it was. 

There is a reason why there were no serious offers. Still waiting for this to click into place. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

It really wasn’t. Bouncing off him and nothing of much note. What was he up to for the goal opportunity? They gave it offside but at the time I didn’t think it was. 

There is a reason why there were no serious offers. Still waiting for this to click into place. 

Don’t agree with that. He didn’t get into great goalscoring opportunities i accept  but his intricate hold up play was good and is generally underrated. He was let down by two number 8’s not offering much attacking support and only one winger in the 1st half trying to make forward runs in McAteer. It wasn’t bouncing off him today. 

He really doesn't suit this system, in fact I'm not sure any of the strikers do which is a big concern.

Maresca has shown so far even less appetite to going two up front than any other manager we've had. He won't do it, which makes me question why on earth we've priced Iheanacho out of a move as his goals and assist usually tend to be as part of a front two. He needs to be able to drop in and thread those 5-10 yard passes through to an on runner.

That said he looked far more interested in pressing today.

27 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Comes far too deep in this system. He's barely getting any changes at all inside the box. 

I do think once he scores he will kick on though

I feel we have been saying this since 2017.   He really needed to move on in this window . He needs to play with a second striker but that ain't going to happen here.