Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He can be as sh*te as he wants in a 10 minute cameo when we're already 4-1 up. Who cares? He'll always be one of my favourite players in the squad. It's a long season and Vardy will likely pick up an injury at some point. He might not tear up the league as hoped but I'd still back Nacho to have one of those 6-8 game spells of his where everything sticks to him and every shot flies into the top corner.

It's the previous games I care about, not just last night.

14 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Why is everyone slating Nacho all of a sudden?

Surely you can think of something better to complain about?

I guess if he bags one or two in the next game you can set your sights on someone else. 

A don't see much slating going on at all.  This is a very highly paid player who is hugely underperforming. He's not getting pelters from the fans, but i think the criticism is fair. I would say everyone here would be delighted if he found form all of a sudden.

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

How many chances has he been presented with this season? 

A nice one at the end of the saints game flyng over the bar following a lovely ball from Fatuwu - should have done better. If KDH had done that I am pretty sure there would be far more criticism on here. But its not just this, his first touch has been really bad. Even in the Southampton game there were a lot of heavy first touches with his back to goal, and i remember seeing a lot of this in the Hull game as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He can be as sh*te as he wants in a 10 minute cameo when we're already 4-1 up. Who cares? He'll always be one of my favourite players in the squad. It's a long season and Vardy will likely pick up an injury at some point. He might not tear up the league as hoped but I'd still back Nacho to have one of those 6-8 game spells of his where everything sticks to him and every shot flies into the top corner.

This is a hypothetical situation thats actually got to come true at some point. We'll see, but for now thank goodness the goals and the good hold up play is coming from elsewhere.  

• Like 1

He’s just finishing his feet in a new system. Surely by now everyone knows that his touch is either superb or absolutely abysmal, it should shock you that occasionally it balloons off of him. 

As always, he will deliver some real quality moments but there will also be many forgettable games as well. He’s not the guy to build a team around but he’s a real asset to have in this league and he will win us more points than he costs us 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's the previous games I care about, not just last night.

As usual FoxesTalk has got it arse about face. Criticism of his previous performances this season was fair and deserved, but it's gone into overdrive since the Southampton game. It's like our fans just can't let themselves enjoy the good times. There's always got to be someone to slate. There's always got be a cloud attached to every silver lining. We're such a negative, unsupportive, grumpy fan base in general.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

As usual FoxesTalk has got it arse about face. Criticism of his previous performances this season was fair and deserved, but it's gone into overdrive since the Southampton game. It's like our fans just can't let themselves enjoy the good times. There's always got to be someone to slate. There's always got be a cloud attached to every silver lining. We're such a negative, unsupportive, grumpy fan base in general.

By who? This season he has been below the standard we would expect, yes he has had some real highlights with us, but those days are some time ago, and the disappointment is probably compounded by the fact we are now  at a level lower. Slightly unfair, plenty of players get pelters, none more so than Vestergaard for example, and despite him being the easiest of easy targets, we were winning, but some would rather bury him in their back garden than see him continue to make the starting XI.

Guess I am saying, no player should be beyond criticism after continued below expected levels of performance irregardless of past achievements.

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

A good striker also creates chances for himself. It's what Vardy still does. 

I'm not sure that's right on Vardy. He was barely noticeable against Cov at home, similar Vs Hull except a header. 

Iheanacho I have highly rated previously, I'm not quite sure what's happened to his finishing though, although Friday was the first massive chance I'd say he has missed this season. 

I'd say Iheanacho has a lot of work to do, but I also feel if he gets one he could have a purple patch. The new system is going to take a while for him. At one point under Rodgers he was the only player who could create or score out of nothing. 

I would like to see both Vardy and Iheanacho together but have accepted it's not going to happen with Enzo

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This is a forum. It’s not going to be happy all the time. If you want to pretend everything is great then that’s fine, but don’t be surprised when people rightly criticise.

16 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

I'm not sure that's right on Vardy. He was barely noticeable against Cov at home, similar Vs Hull except a header. 

Iheanacho I have highly rated previously, I'm not quite sure what's happened to his finishing though, although Friday was the first massive chance I'd say he has missed this season. 

I'd say Iheanacho has a lot of work to do, but I also feel if he gets one he could have a purple patch. The new system is going to take a while for him. At one point under Rodgers he was the only player who could create or score out of nothing. 

I would like to see both Vardy and Iheanacho together but have accepted it's not going to happen with Enzo

Vardy still pressing the opposition, creates chances a lone, Iheanacho doesn’t do anything of that. And he lacks movement.

He will get a goal sometime soon, maybe two or three, but I’ve been waiting for him to hit a purple patch since he’s been here over 5 seasons. Only once has he had a purple patch and that was during Covid which tells you how long ago it was. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It is possible to criticise an underperforming player without them being a "scapegoat". 

Absolutely. However, it just seems to me that when a player is not having the best of times with performances, they come in for over the top criticism. It's the same with match threads - for some there isn't a middle ground. It's either absolute meltdown or euphoria. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

By who? This season he has been below the standard we would expect, yes he has had some real highlights with us, but those days are some time ago, and the disappointment is probably compounded by the fact we are now  at a level lower. Slightly unfair, plenty of players get pelters, none more so than Vestergaard for example, and despite him being the easiest of easy targets, we were winning, but some would rather bury him in their back garden than see him continue to make the starting XI.

Guess I am saying, no player should be beyond criticism after continued below expected levels of performance irregardless of past achievements.

Its wonderful that we thumped Southampton. But the difficult situation with our strikers isn't going away anytime soon. Nacho is very likely going to start the Norwich game not because he is on form, but because we are going to have to manage Vardy's time in the squad. With Cannon injured (and undoubtedly needing time to adjust anyway), and Daka massively out of favour, its a significant talking point.  We had the possibility of offloading, and one of the muted replacements scored 2 today for a direct promotion rival. Unless he turns a corner quickly, we are going to have a gaping hole up top. 

Brushing this under the carpet achieves nothing.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Its wonderful that we thumped Southampton. But the difficult situation with our strikers isn't going away anytime soon. Nacho is very likely going to start the Norwich game not because he is on form, but because we are going to have to manage Vardy's time in the squad. With Cannon injured (and undoubtedly needing time to adjust anyway), and Daka massively out of favour, its a significant talking point.  We had the possibility of offloading, and one of the muted replacements scored 2 today for a direct promotion rival. Unless he turns a corner quickly, we are going to have a gaping hole up top. 

Brushing this under the carpet achieves nothing.

If Enzo can fix Vestergaard, Kel should be a piece of cake. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

This is a forum. It’s not going to be happy all the time. If you want to pretend everything is great then that’s fine, but don’t be surprised when people rightly criticise.

Criticism is fine but it needs to be proportional. He's getting more stick for 10 minutes at the end of a game where the result was already decided and both teams were essentially playing out time than for any of the games that he started. It's just people being miserable for the sake of it.

59 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Vardy still pressing the opposition, creates chances a lone, Iheanacho doesn’t do anything of that. And he lacks movement.

He will get a goal sometime soon, maybe two or three, but I’ve been waiting for him to hit a purple patch since he’s been here over 5 seasons. Only once has he had a purple patch and that was during Covid which tells you how long ago it was. 

I agree but it's not Nachos game, he's being used more as a false nine. Except the Soton miss that he should have buried, I can't think of a clear, clear chance he has had where he's expected to score. 

He's now imo a better all round option than Vardy. He holds and links play up, but is too often now too deep. 

But I've been disappointed with him this season, NGL. I expected him to tear it up, and he has only had sparse moments so far of any quality. I still think he'll come good though 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I think we have banked that Cannon will be a future star. Sounds like he is out for a little while but come December time we may start to see some of that promise come to life. I wonder if there were doubts that Piroe could deliver in the PL long term.  Seemed like there was something we didn't fancy.

But agree at this level Piroe is an upgrade over Nacho. Nacho will be seeing that contract out so our last chance to cash in will be January, but i doubt we will be getting very much.

Yet in the transfer window people were saying he would score a tonne of goals and was perfect for this system?  We aren't changing the system for him, so either he adapts or he spends the rest of his Leicester career on the bench. Although i am sure we can find a L2 team for him to score against in the 3rd round of the FA cup. 

As soon as a player decides to run down his contract the whole situation must change for him. He only has the security of the rest of the contract, and if he sustains a career threatening injury, he might not get another, or at least his prospects will be diminished.

This must have a psychological effect, particularly as the remaining contract time left gets smaller. His focus will no longer be in doing well for us, but will be on staying fit to be able to get better terms at a new club. This is bound to affect his play, even if it isn’t deliberate. I believe we saw this effect with Youri, and to a lesser extent with Maddison.

Once the club conclude that a player is running down his contract, they should sell at the earliest opportunity IMHO. 

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 3