Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Because of the association with missing chances. 

Who is making that association? That his missed chances are mentioned (and you'd agree he does miss chances) in a post match comment only enforces the enigma comment. It's not (necessarily) negative.

For myself, I say enigma more as an indication of my own bafflement; how Nacho can seemingly be someone that both can deliver AND yet sometimes seem so damned clumsy! 

6 minutes ago, taupe said:

Who is making that association? That his missed chances are mentioned (and you'd agree he does miss chances) in a post match comment only enforces the enigma comment. It's not (necessarily) negative.

For myself, I say enigma more as an indication of my own bafflement; how Nacho can seemingly be someone that both can deliver AND yet sometimes seem so damned clumsy! 

You were making the association. Look at what I commented on. I commented on someone who simply mentioned him missing chances. Then you said Nah he’s an enigma. So perhaps accidentally the two have been associated. My only point was that it’s an unfair comment to highlight this (not to you) as he doesn’t miss any more easier chances, than the average striker.

If I am wrong and you didn’t mean this then I apologise. 

Edited by westernpark
Disclaimer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

If I am wrong and you didn’t mean this then I apologise

I'm lost tbh. I don't know what you think I meant lol

But whatever, strikes me many people are saying pretty much the same thing, whether they use the word frustrating, baffling, inconsistent, enigma or whatever. It recognises the variable nature of Nacho's skills.

He misses sitters, falls over, and sometimes even looks like he doesn't know how to play the game... but he's capable of the sublime pass, the finish out of nothing. His record speaks for itself, and I doubt anyone would try and deny it. All of those words I used earlier allude to that. I don't think it negative, I find it endearing. :) As I said above, I'd be starting him at the moment.

Don't know what goes on behind closed doors but he never seems to moan about his lack of game time, and he has been criminally underused by Rodgers in the last two seasons.

In my opinion he's our best striker right now and he will create goals and put chances away when he gets them, he has to start every game for me - watching Daka v Walsall was excruciating at times.

2 minutes ago, Wilfcho said:

let's not start the narrative of he misses sitters, please no

It doesn't need to be a narrative, his legacy, but it is an occurrence and, as said, all strikers miss sitters; goes with the territory.

I'll say again, people are mentioning the fluffs and the like only because they are in direct contrast to his abilities and proven record. It's not negative. At least I don't read it as such. I can see what's being referred to. :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, taupe said:

It doesn't need to be a narrative, his legacy, but it is an occurrence and, as said, all strikers miss sitters; goes with the territory.

I'll say again, people are mentioning the fluffs and the like only because they are in direct contrast to his abilities and proven record. It's not negative. At least I don't read it as such. I can see what's being referred to. :)

Yeah Vardy misses sitters, quite often at the moment and during other spells for us!

It does seem a strange thing to focus on, when a player who has been harshly treated (surely we can agree on that?) comes into the side and delivers a match winning performance. Focus on the superb through ball for Tete or the movement and diving header I say. It just feels like some people are desperate to give him backhanded compliments. 

• Like 2