Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Months. Vardy is either big time lacking in confidence or father time has caught up with him. Daka could come good but he's been given countless chances after failing to deliver time and again. The jury is well and truly out. Even if he isn't 9 out of 10 every week nacho will give you a threat be it scoring or assisting Daka and Vardy just haven't been providing for months now, all season basically. 

This. I dunno what their 'finishing' stats are in the most recent FM, but for this season, they should be single-digit :P

Yesterdays Nacho is one of the first names on the teamsheet and it’ll take a BR brain fart of epic proportions for him to not start next game. Problem is when he starts he’s either a 9/10 or a 4/10. Then in those poorer games his slightly languid style really goes against him as he just doesn’t contribute much overall vs a Vardy who still grafts. Looks like Tete will help on those off days as he’ll run in behind. He’s got it in him to get 15 G+A by the end of the season which could be the difference in our season.

Watch Tete look like a fraud when he’s played with Vardy & Daka. Kelechi aside from being a threat has always made players around him look brilliant. From his academy times till today, he’s been the same way. Mark today, how much less vibrant Tete will be without him when Kelechi is benched again. 

• Haha 1

There’s pressure on him from Nigerian fans to leave Leicester, which for me would be mutually beneficial for all concerned. Clearly not rated by Rogers, & his been stagnating here while his colleagues in the National team have all gone ahead of him Osimhen, Lookman, Moffi, Onuachu. I see him losing his place if he doesn’t start getting game time. Wish the move to Valencia had happened. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brookfox said:

Yesterdays Nacho is one of the first names on the teamsheet and it’ll take a BR brain fart of epic proportions for him to not start next game. Problem is when he starts he’s either a 9/10 or a 4/10. Then in those poorer games his slightly languid style really goes against him as he just doesn’t contribute much overall vs a Vardy who still grafts. Looks like Tete will help on those off days as he’ll run in behind. He’s got it in him to get 15 G+A by the end of the season which could be the difference in our season.

Matter of when, Rodgers will drop him again.

I just watched the highlights, he’s such a clever footballer. Did really well for the first goal, completely unselfish to play the ball to Maddison, and I thought that he took his goal really well.

The thing is, he made that look really easy. I have seen a few posts claiming that Daka would have scored that but he just doesn’t make those runs. Kel has his flaws, but he will always give defenders something to think about. For that alone, he should start.

I hope that this wakes Rodgers up. I do still think that his lack of game time will be costly, but hopefully this will make it clear that he is our best option. Make him our first choice striker until the end of the season, please.

I'm pretty confident that if kelechi was our main striker for the next 4 years he'd end up as one of our top 10 all time strikers. 

Which is crazy when you consider how much he divides opinion. 

He would easily score 10 goals a season and that takes him into the 90's scored for the club. 

• Like 4

We should be looking to him as Vardy’s replacement. Scores goals and assists galore, we have to change the way we play which is no bad thing as teams have sussed that out now anyway. But playing him as our leading striker will allow time and space for Daka to hopefully develop much as he has had to being understudy to Vardy. One thing is for sure though we’ve been searching for our next striker for a number of years and Nacho can be that man if given the chance. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

2 hours ago, brookfox said:

I know he is inconsistent, but I would far rather have a player who actually has the potential to play a 9/10 then somebody who is consistently poor.

Takeaway Spartak Moscow, and you have to question as to when Daka has completely influenced a game. Scoring a goal in a 2-0 win, every blue moon just isn’t enough in this current predicament. 

Iheanacho may or may not be rubbish in the next match, but that’s fine. Keep starting him and he will win us enough games to keep us in the league, I am sure.

19 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I'm pretty confident that if kelechi was our main striker for the next 4 years he'd end up as one of our top 10 all time strikers. 

Which is crazy when you consider how much he divides opinion. 

He would easily score 10 goals a season and that takes him into the 90's scored for the club. 

I agree, very underrated he should be the main man, Daka is still relatively young where as Nacho has everything you would want and more than say Daka.

He is intelligent as well.

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Months. Vardy is either big time lacking in confidence or father time has caught up with him. Daka could come good but he's been given countless chances after failing to deliver time and again. The jury is well and truly out. Even if he isn't 9 out of 10 every week nacho will give you a threat be it scoring or assisting Daka and Vardy just haven't been providing for months now, all season basically. 

Vardys done....and his wife is to blame.

17 hours ago, taupe said:

The focus is on neither the miss nor the the through ball, the focus is the apparent contradiction of the same player being responsible for the both. Hence the use of the word... whatever word you want to use for it.

Ok - so two assists one goal in a match winning performance and one missed chance (of the type that both Daka and Vardy regularly miss). Just seems a really odd moment to reflect on the fact he makes the odd mistake (like all players). I completely disagree, but each to their own I guess 👍

Completely disagree with what? It's true, Nacho's mistakes are of the "odd" variety! ;)

Nah, I'm 'avin a larf. I do happen to think he's our clown prince (if Mahrez was our sweet prince... yeeech) and if people don't see his misses, falling over and miscontrols etc (jeez, even his goals sometimes) as comical on occasions, and certainly not quite like those like of all players, then I do wonder what they are a seeing. But that's as it is, and I've always acknowledged his talents... he's a bundle, it's all him, and what you get with him. The comedy and the genius. 

What I don't get, and I mean this, is why some people like to see this as a criticism that makes them believe I (or anyone else for that matter) am writing Nacho off. Far from in in fact. I've been at pains to say that I'd be starting him at the moment; in the right system (not a regular 9, playing a little deeper, allowing players to come past him) then he most certainly has a role to play, and a role that is to his strengths.  The problem for BR has been how to use Nacho, and I can both see and understand the reticence. Now, I think he has the opportunity (and the need) even though it does mean a regig in midfield (the loss of a dedicated CDM??) 

But to track back, this discussion only started because someone remarked they thought Nacho 'strange' (was that the word?) and I can see where that remark comes from. I didn't take it (as others did) as criticism. It's hardly a damning remark and I don't see the need for people to treat it as such.   :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Okeyanthony said:

There’s pressure on him from Nigerian fans to leave Leicester, which for me would be mutually beneficial for all concerned. Clearly not rated by Rogers, & his been stagnating here while his colleagues in the National team have all gone ahead of him Osimhen, Lookman, Moffi, Onuachu. I see him losing his place if he doesn’t start getting game time. Wish the move to Valencia had happened. 

..I  have been saying this for a few years now!!!

He recently extended his contract,  he is obviously happy with his lot.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I  have been saying this for a few years now!!!

He recently extended his contract,  he is obviously happy with his lot.

His contract has one year left this summer. 

We probably need to extend or sell, same goes for Ndidi. Such a big summer ahead. 

5 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Kel is a totally different Apple sauce to Daka & Vardy, he should be and should have been starting every game for us for a long time.

What we saw yesterday was superb, but the presence of a proper RW has solved many problems, one of which is Kel’s lack of pace

• Like 1